The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder if Lady Louise will ever go competitive with carriage riding.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

It was nice to see Louise and Edward out riding. Good to see them making the most of the warm weather before part three of the Siberian snow returns next weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I wonder if Lady Louise will ever go competitive with carriage riding.
I wonder the same thing. It could be likely; IIRC Philip, who also enjoys carriage riding, took it up competitively.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-25-2018, 06:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
It was nice to see Louise and Edward out riding. Good to see them making the most of the warm weather before part three of the Siberian snow returns next weekend!

I wonder the same thing. It could be likely; IIRC Philip, who also enjoys carriage riding, took it up competitively.
That's why I'm thinking she might do so, too. Would be fun for her, I think. Clearly she's investing time into the practice. Why not take it to the next level? It would please her grandfather.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:11 AM
Imperial Majesty

James, Viscount Severn, learning how to drive:
Edward and Sophie's 10-year-old son Viscount Severn is spotted driving family's Land Rover | Daily Mail Online

Not too early to learn.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-02-2018, 12:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

I wasn't but 12 when I got to start driving my dad's old dodge dart on the back roads.

LaRae
Old 04-02-2018, 01:49 PM
Aristocracy

As long as it's on private land, it's okay.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

I imagine all the Queen's children and grandchildren probably drove quite young on private land.

I know a lot of my school friends lived on farms and had, at most, a handful of 'proper' lessons to get accustomed to driving on public roads before passing their test no problem first time.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've gotten the impression that it's quite common for those who own private land to start driving on said land at around James's age or slightly older (after all, he's not driving down the local highstreet in the Land Rover!). I'm sure that if it was unsafe for him his parents wouldn't have let him drive, and he seems experienced enough to be driving independently so he was probably fine behind the wheel.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-02-2018, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Nothing wrong with Learning at home.....I LOVE the pic where Sophie holds his head tenderly !
Old 04-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I have issues with parents who apply "do as I say, not as I do." Especially with safety equipment. A brain injury is tragic for the rest of the family, whomever is not protecting their skull.
Louise is wearing a proper helmet, while her Mom is balanced on the back of the carriage wearing a soft hat. Grrrrrrrrr.
And Sophie knows better, having kitted out for her epic bike ride.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Here's another short article about Edward and the children at Windsor castle:

** dailymail: His royal high-trot! Prince Edward heads out on a hack with daughter Lady Louise at Windsor **
Old 04-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Nobility

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread but I didn't see an obvious place for it...Has anyone heard lately how Louise's eye condition is coming along following the corrective surgery? She appears to see well in all of the pictures and videos we've seen of her in recent years but I do notice that she occasionally appears to squint slightly or that her eyes still sometimes appear to turn inward. Though in all fairness none of these pictures and videos are really that close that we would be able to discern that clearly. Just my observation. I'm not terribly familiar with the condition that she suffered from so I'm not sure if the surgery would be a permanent fix-all or if it would be a progressive series of surgeries through the years? Does anyone know?

And while I'm on the health questions kick...someone shared with me a rumor that James may be on the autism spectrum. I hadn't ever heard anything of the kind, though that's really not saying much. Is there anything to substantiate this or it is just one of those crazy rumors that circulates every now and then?
Old 04-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 4th April:
The Earl of Wessex, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, this morning held a Meeting.

His Royal Highness this evening departed from Heathrow Airport, London, for Australia.
Mr. Timothy Roberts is in attendance.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 9: March 2015

So Edward is arriving here in Australia today that’s great but wish Sophie was coming as well such a classic lady
Old 04-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
So Edward is arriving here in Australia today that’s great but wish Sophie was coming as well such a classic lady
He’s doing a lot of events for The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation and also closing the Commonwealth Games -he's the Vice Patron of The Commonwealth Games Federation.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sophie has never accompanied Edward to Australia for some reason. Maybe she thinks the Aussies won't care for her or the Queen doesn't want her to go so far away. Who knows?

Edward comes down every two or three years for DoE stuff (frequently overlooked by the media here and in the UK - like Andrew's nearly two week visit last year which saw no coverage anywhere).
Old 04-06-2018, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Why would The Queen not want Sophie so far away but was happy for everyone else to visit
Old 04-06-2018, 02:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think its more its a 'working visit' and not a tour, the reason she doesn't accompany him to Australia. Like he doesn't accompany her on many of her foreign trips either. It may also be that the couple wants to limit how often they are both away from their children. Unlike his siblings, Edward still has children at home.

Sophie travels a great deal of the year. Its certainly not a matter of the queen not wanting her to go far away. Certainly she was in Brunei with Edward recently which is nearly as far.

Andrew and Edward often fly under the radar when they visit commonwealth countries. Andrew is often in Canada, he works closely with our military/navy, but it is rarely covered.
Old 04-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Countess of Wessex as patron of Foundation of Light hosted a celebration lunch at Buckingham Palace to commemorate the upcoming opening of the Beacon of Light.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DaHLJxZV4AIJDzW.jpg

https://www.foundationoflight.co.uk/...ingham-palace/
Old 04-07-2018, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/ta...3e305ef1fc5896
Edward in Australia

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, current events, earl of wessex, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, viscount severn