The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Even better in bigger picture! Lovely family.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I have high hopes for Sophie's 50th birthday next year...maybe another portrait?

It's such a nice photo because A) They aren't wearing suits and ties and B) They look relaxed.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Courtier

imho it is best British Royal family portrait I have seen. At least in recent years. It is SO much better than christening pics of Prince George. I liked the one with his hands in the air, but hated heavy photoshop.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
imho it is best British Royal family portrait I have seen. At least in recent years. It is SO much better than christening pics of Prince George. I liked the one with his hands in the air, but hated heavy photoshop.
I liked the one of William and Catherine looking at George on their own. That was beautiful.

I prefer the Wessex photo but that's because I am biased towards them... In this photo James really does look like Sophie. He looks nothing like Edward, whereas Louise is all Edward.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Courtier

Wonderful photo. One of the best released by the BRF in a long time but we really can't compare christening photos to a birthday photo with older children.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Louise is all Royal family. She reminds me of a young QE2, or young Princess Anne.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Majesty

It is great that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh attended the party. What about the other brothers and the sister?
Based on the photo, Bagshot Park is lovely. Hopefully Prince Edward has got enough funds to maintain it.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Louise is all Royal family. She reminds me of a young QE2, or young Princess Anne.
Actually for me - Princess Mary - later Princess Royal.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Actually for me - Princess Mary - later Princess Royal.
Way before my time!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Louise is definitely a Windsor. I do agree cepe that she resembles Princess Mary (George V's only daughter) a lot. She looks so much like Edward and has his chubby cheeks, whereas James has Sophie's dimples and chin. Genetics are such a funny thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Way before my time!

Princess Mary

I think Zara looks more like her than Louise though.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Louise is definitely a Windsor. I do agree cepe that she resembles Princess Mary (George V's only daughter) a lot. She looks so much like Edward and has his chubby cheeks, whereas James has Sophie's dimples and chin. Genetics are such a funny thing.

Princess Mary

I think Zara looks more like her than Louise though.
Anne and Princess Mary are just so alike. Will be interesting to see how it pans out as they get older.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-10-2014, 12:02 AM
Serene Highness

Fabulous family portrait! I am so happy that Louise's most recent eye surgery was successful. As for who resembles whom ... I think that both children resemble Edward :)
Old 03-10-2014, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I just have a only thing to say about the family photo........al last!!!!!!!!! we don't have a official family photo of then since james's christening and that photo don't was complete because don't was louise.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Edward, portrait of a family man at 50: Prince offers glimpse of his home life as he releases image to mark his birthday | Mail Online
Old 03-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It is great that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth and Duke of Edinburgh attended the party. What about the other brothers and the sister?
Based on the photo, Bagshot Park is lovely. Hopefully Prince Edward has got enough funds to maintain it.
I think Andrew was out to dinner with his model friend so probably didn't attend.

I really doubt that any of the siblings attended as I feel sure we would have had photos of Anne or Charles etc arriving just as we did for The Queen and Philip. His cousin, Lord Linley and second cousin Lady Helen Taylor attended but no mention of any other royals attending.

We know that at least one nephew didn't attend as William was on holidays rather than be in the UK for his uncle's major birthday.

To me this family just doesn't do the normal everyday things that families do - celebrate major birthdays together for instance. Outside of events that involve The Queen and Philip the children and grandchildren don't appear to do much on birthdays etc as normal families do.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I think Andrew was out to dinner with his model friend so probably didn't attend.
That dinner was on Thursday, this party was on Saturday.

I don't quite understand how families can't celebrate birthdays together. Everyone gathered for Charles' big birthday.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The Earl And Countess Of Wessex Visit Robert Browning Primary School
The Earl And Countess Of Wessex Visit Robert Browning Primary School - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...roduct=Royalty

http://facetoface.de/webgate/index.p...EARCHSHOWTAB=1

Quote:
20 facts about Prince Edward
http://www.royalcentral.co.uk/wessex...e-edward-24232

Quote:
Prince Edward surprised by schoolchildren with birthday cake and card on royal visit
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...birthday-cake/
Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post

I really doubt that any of the siblings attended as I feel sure we would have had photos of Anne or Charles etc arriving just as we did for The Queen and Philip. His cousin, Lord Linley and second cousin Lady Helen Taylor attended but no mention of any other royals attending.

We know that at least one nephew didn't attend as William was on holidays rather than be in the UK for his uncle's major birthday.

To me this family just doesn't do the normal everyday things that families do - celebrate major birthdays together for instance. Outside of events that involve The Queen and Philip the children and grandchildren don't appear to do much on birthdays etc as normal families do.
I think the problem is that many members of the royal family run on different schedules and sometimes not able to attend family events. It seems like Edward's party was planned when some of the family are doing other things and not able to make it to the party. I actually thought that there would've been a celebration scheduled down the road when all the family is in town and able to attend.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Courtier

From what I understand this was a family dinner at Bagshot probably organized by Sophie. The Queen is hosting a party for Edward, Sara Chatto, Helen Taylor and James Ogilvy a bit later. They all turn 50 this years and celebrate their birthdays together. It will probably be at a hotel, like Andrew's was.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Lovely photos! The Earl and Countess with kids is always a great combination.