The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
i see in the Daily Mirror that Sophie has made Edward a This is your life book as a present for his 50th. The book included poems and pictures by his children. The book also has pictures of the whole family and their pets. It seems a very sweet and sentimental gift and I hope that Edward enjoys it terribly. i can imagine that the Queen and DOE also added to it.
That's such a sweet and thoughtful thing to do, particularly the poems and pictures written and drawn by Louise and James. I agree, HM and Prince Philip have probably added to it too (or at least, I hope they did). This reminds me of when a friend of mine had to leave, and her closest friends came together and create a 'good luck' card for her, with photos of her and them on it throughout the years. I just thought that was a very lovely way of saying "goodbye" to her.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-09-2014, 12:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
The Daily Express has done an article on Edward turning 50 on Monday.

Prince Edward at 50 - A Retrospective

I am sure he'll be having a big knees-up in private for his birthday at some point.
This is a truly *itchy piece by this journalist. Truly nasty piece. Not warranted as Edward has done a good job as a working royal.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tonight celebration ☺
The Queen and Prince Philip arrive for Prince Edward's 50th birthday | Mail Online
Old 03-09-2014, 01:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I think it must have been last night as the photos are taken in the dark and it's definitely not dark right now! The Queen looks lovely, I adore her necklace.
Old 03-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
I agree- her Majesty looks divine can't go wrong with pearls, and I love Sophie's present.
Does Prince Philip have a black eye?
Old 03-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The comments on that mailonline article are horrific! It's amazing how inaccurate the writing is even when the pictures clearly show the time of day!
Old 03-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The comments on that mailonline article are horrific! It's amazing how inaccurate the writing is even when the pictures clearly show the time of day!
Giving up the Daily Mail has done me and my blood pressure a power of good

Old 03-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I know, it's ridiculous. The comments are even worse in the fact that they clearly do not do enough research before commenting. The amount of times I have read "what does he actually do?" "Edward is lazy" is incredible. He is in one of the hardest workers in the BRF, but of course his work is never publicised thus the Daily Mail readers do not believe he works.
Old 03-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Heir Apparent

A royal can work 24/7 but the typical Mail commenter will say they are do nothing parasites living on taxpayers money.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 8h
A photo of Prince Edward is to be released by Buckingham Palace tomorrow to mark his 50th birthday. It was taken by Millie Pilkington.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 03-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I am a bit bummed it's just going to be off him and not his family. That would have been nice.

Edit: I stand corrected! It's a family portrait and it's lovely.

https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/sta...841920/photo/1
Old 03-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Courtier

FEAR NOT!!! THE BEST PICTURE EVER!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4673758&type=1
I just felt it will be it!
Uhh, Majesty deleted it. Will update when they will put it again.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
FEAR NOT!!! THE BEST PICTURE EVER!!!! EVER!!!!!!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...4673758&type=1
I just felt it will be it!
Uhh, Majesty deleted it. Will update when they will put it again.
Anna I am so happy for you. Its like they knew you were out there.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

It is the best picture ever. I love it.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Courtier

This calls for a very happy song!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I obviously needed to change my avatar...
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I see it on your avatars Molly. Absolutely lovely!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:58 PM
Courtier

One thing's for sure. Having young children will keep him young and active. At least until Louise gets to dating age!
Old 03-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Heir Apparent

It's really an adorable image mainly because James isn't looking at the camera.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 36m
Buckingham Palace has released this picture to mark Prince Edward's 50th birthday tomorrow.Pix Millie Pilkington pic.twitter.com/8egZGTUHPL

A very beautiful picture of the Wessex family.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Closed Thread