Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Sophie's entire outfit today, she looked lovely and I particularly loved the scarf. Thanks for finding images Anna.

She looks stunning today @ Downton the guest from Mexico appears to be a little over dressed IMO but Sophie is perfect

The Earl and Countess of Grantham must be fabulously honored to have an actual English countess visit them and the other Crawleys and servants.
Hurrah for Sophie!! She always brings cheerfulness on a visit.

:wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::wave::coach::coach::coach::coach:

Prince Edward officially reopens Dorking caves | Surrey Mirror
The imminent reopened of one of Dorking's most popular tourist attractions was kicked off with some royal treatment today as Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, was given a private tour around the town's underground cave network.

After a guided tour around Dorking Museum His Royal Highness was accompanied by professor Richard Selley and Dorking & District Preservation Society chairman Chris Heaps.

Thanks for the link to photos. I am guessing from Sophie's interview and interest in farming and where food comes from she has taught her own children the importance of where food comes from. I know they grow their own strawberries as Edward jokinly said "his other half gives him grief" because theirs are too bitter! I am sure they grow other things and I would be pleased if they are enduring Louise and James knows where their food comes from. Children should know more about agriculture and food production as it would probably in turn teach them what food is healthy to eat.

Dearest Anna- Can you do me a favor and try and find out if Robert Hardy will be at the service of re-internment?

Prince Edward meets young offenders, unemployed youngsters and students on Surrey tour (From Epsom Guardian)
Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, met students from schools in Ewell and Leatherhead during a whistle-stop tour of youth activities on offer in the county.

He visited High Ashurst Outdoor Education Centre in Mickleham last Wednesday, March 11, having been invited by Surrey County Council chairman David Munro to come and see projects supported by Surrey Youth Support Service (YSS).

Earl of Wessex meets Thurrock's Duke of Edinburgh’s Award stars | Your Thurrock
OVER the years thousands of Thurrock‘s young people have successfully taken part in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award scheme – and that success was celebrated on Tuesday (17 March).

HRH The Earl of Wessex KG GCVO, visited Thurrock Council’s office to meet local young people currently taking part in The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, as well as staff who support them.

The Earl of Wessex and Lord Petre, Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Essex, were greeted by the Mayor of Thurrock, Cllr Steve Liddiard and Council Chief Executive Graham Farrant outside the Civic Offices in New Road, Grays.

They were joined by Thurrock MP, Jackie Doyle-Price and Carmel Littleton, the Council’s Director of Children’s Services before meeting Dave Petrie – Duke of Edinburgh’s Awards Manager.

VIDEO: Royal visit: The Earl Of Wessex officially opens South Essex College's new Grays campus (From Echo)
The Earl of Wessex, Prince Edward, was in Grays this afternoon to officially open the South Essex College Thurrock campus.

His unveiling of the plaque marked the official launch of the new campus, after South Essex College Thurrock opened its doors to students last September.

Sounds fun! Yummy!:chef:
Anna- a suggestion. What about CHASE's website? Just a thought. Sounds like the kids had fun- all that matters. I actually like that there aren't photos sometimes. Makes it more about the kids. I also understand privacy concerns.
What do you mean by CHASE???
It wasn't for kids, but for students. And pics were taken by PA. BUt PA prices are not for my wallet.

The CHASE hospice website- that the music Evening was for.

So it seems Sophie is doing a little trip on behalf of the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Is this her first solo trip for the DoE Award?

The Countess of Wessex

- 19-20th May, Global Ambassador, The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation, will carry out engagements in Prague, Czech Republic.

Also neither Edward or Sophie have engagements on 10th May so I really hope they are going to Jacques and Gabriella's christening.

So it seems Sophie is doing a little trip on behalf of the Duke of Edinburgh Award. Is this her first solo trip for the DoE Award?
Also neither Edward or Sophie have engagements on 10th May so I really hope they are going to Jacques and Gabriella's christening.
1) She did a solo visit in 2013 to Hong Kong as Ambasador.
2) We certainly can hope so, did the godparents have been chosen yet??
3) I really hope for June wedding in Sweden... But it is on the same day as HM's birthday celebrations.

1) She did a solo visit in 2013 to Hong Kong as Ambasador.
2) We certainly can hope so, did the godparents have been chosen yet??
3) I really hope for June wedding in Sweden... But it is on the same day as HM's birthday celebrations.

Ahh yes she did, but she didn't give out awards did she? The first time for that was in September last year so this may be the first trip to give out awards. It's good that she is doing this more and more so she and Edward can share the burden of the awards and carry it on as they become Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh.

No the godparents have not been announced yet. I would love for Sophie to be chosen but she is not Catholic so it's a slim chance. She could be a 3rd godparent after two Catholic godparents, but even if they aren't picked as godparents I would think they would attend as they are friends of Albert and Charlene.

I also hope they attend CP's wedding as they attended Victoria and Madeleine's and it would probably be the last Royal wedding they attend as representatives of the Queen. It does fall on Trooping of the Colour but they could miss it as Edward has missed it on previous occasions and Sophie did not go in 2007 as she was pregnant (though it was not public knowledge but she likely did not attend due to sickness.) It would be a shame if they didn't go to the wedding, but on the other hand I want them to go to Trooping the Colour so Louise and James can go!

No she didn't hand out awards when in Hong Kong, I think her Prague visit will also be more in style of Hong Kong visit, as she is the Ambassador for the award? Though I guess we shall see.
Well, there's a lot to hope for. I know I am hoping for some pics from today, Sophie has 3 different engagements. So far literally nothing...

@RoyalCentral: The Countess of Wessex had to cancel a trip to Hull and Driffield today after a technical fault with the helicopter she was due to travel on

There's a direct train from LKX to Hull.....

@RoyalCentral: The Countess of Wessex had to cancel a trip to Hull and Driffield today after a technical fault with the helicopter she was due to travel on

There's a direct train from LKX to Hull.....
Pretty sure they found out when it was too late to change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom