The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 07:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've been noticing how sleek Edward looks in his suits these days. His posture is excellent. Good for them both - they look great.

No sign of Louise, just James.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I've been noticing how sleek Edward looks in his suits these days. His posture is excellent. Good for them both - they look great.

No sign of Louise, just James.
I noticed Louise wasn't there, but maybe she was with the Nanny. James has a amazing sunglasses!

I have noticed Edward looks slim but I have always thought he was slim.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:05 AM
Courtier

Thank you for the link, Sophie looks great, it's nice to see them! They will be back already on Wednesday to attend the opening ceremony of the XX Commonwealth Game. Will try to do a post later, but I won't be able to get pics for it.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

i'm intrigued that they've taken the kids on holiday, most schools haven't broken up in the UK as yet.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I noticed Louise wasn't there, but maybe she was with the Nanny. James has a amazing sunglasses!

I have noticed Edward looks slim but I have always thought he was slim.
IMO Charles, Anne, and Edward have never had a weight problem. They seem to have inherited Phillip's leaner body type and frame. Peter, Beatrice, William and Harry are also on the taller side. Zara's a combination of both sides of her maternal family members and is a professional athlete. Andrew and Eugenie's frames seem to be more like the Queen Mother, Elizabeth and Margaret.
Old 07-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
i'm intrigued that they've taken the kids on holiday, most schools haven't broken up in the UK as yet.
When do summer holidays begin for school kids?
Old 07-20-2014, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

It depends TLLK...

Public [ie Private ] schools tend to have longer holidays than State schools, [which is ironic since the parents pay very high fees for their children to attend.]

I imagine the Wessex children are at such a school, and may well have broken up for the Summer holidays already.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
When do summer holidays begin for school kids?

Up here in Yorkshire they break up on Tuesday. Some broke up last Thursday but no earlier in England. I'm unsure about private schools, where Louise and James attend, I might have a look. Children have to have a very good reason to be taken out of school during term time, else parents can be fined.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I think Louise is on the pic with Edward & James in the water. Actually, just back of her head.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's nice to see them enjoying their vacation and people not complaining about the expense and security that accompanied them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 07-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Up here in Yorkshire they break up on Tuesday. Some broke up last Thursday but no earlier in England. I'm unsure about private schools, where Louise and James attend, I might have a look. Children have to have a very good reason to be taken out of school during term time, else parents can be fined.
Private schools break up much earlier around 11th
Old 07-20-2014, 03:43 PM
Courtier

Quick post with ID on Sophie's swimsuit.
HRH Countess of Wessex: Wessex family having fun on holiday!
Old 07-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

ú198 for a swimsuit?! :O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's nice to see them enjoying their vacation and people not complaining about the expense and security that accompanied them.
Exactly! They would likely have only had one bodyguard as Edward has his all the time, whereas Sophie lost her personal bodyguard in 2011.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:47 PM
Serene Highness

Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 15: 1 January 2014

Quote:

I work in a private school and we are in our second week of summer holidays already and I know a few other private schools around us that have been broken up for a while now as well. I'm sure I read somewhere that both children attend private schools (one in Windsor for Louise at least) so I doubt very much they have been taken out of school early.

Though I wonder if like the teachers at such schools Sophie and Edward booked a holiday before the rest of the state schools break up and the prices sky rocket, somehow I imagine that's not a problem for them!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 07-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for the answers to my student holiday question.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:09 AM
Courtier

And post updated with confirmation in swimsuit and Diney, Mickey Mouse cover up for Sophie :)
HRH Countess of Wessex: Wessex family having fun on holiday!
Old 07-22-2014, 04:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Another Daily Mail article about Sophie and how she looks good at 49.

As Royal mother-of-two dazzles on Spanish beach... How Sophie got red hot at 49
Old 07-22-2014, 02:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie looks wonderful! Flattering swimsuit, toned body and I even like the Disney themed coverup!! Her hard work and good eating habits have certainly paid off. Edward is looking very fit as well.
Old 07-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Great pics of Edward in Glasgow. Sophie was not with him, she also didn't attend George's birthday party.....
Search ┬╗ PA Images
Old 07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Well we will definitely see Sophie tomorrow. I wonder if Louise will attend the opening ceremony tomorrow evening.