Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Countess of Wessex: HRH visits Egham Learning Centre to mark the Dyslexia Awareness Week 2014

8 leaders to attend SATA’s burial | Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation
Eight Heads of State have confirmed that they will attend President Michael Sata’s burial scheduled for November 11, 2014.
United Kingdom will be represented by the Countess of Wessex.

Countess of Wessex to visit Sunderland’s Stadium of Light - Sunderland Echo

First- Great photos.
Second- I almost don't have words here. Sophie and kids are magical is all I can say.

Is that tweed at the top? Must be darned itchy.

Someone explain if Prince Edward was wearing a costume or not today for veteran's day. I know it can't be a uniform but why the medals?

Someone explain if Prince Edward was wearing a costume or not today for veteran's day. I know it can't be a uniform but why the medals?

He is the Honorary Colonel in Chief of the Wessex Regiment of London***, therefore is allowed to wear the uniform, *not* costume, whenever it is right for him to do so. As his Medals go, HRH does not wear any Medal or Decoration that he is not entitled to wear. IIRC, the ones that Prince Edward wears is all three Jubilee Medals, which all Members of the Royal Family are entitled to wear as they are given out as thanks to Service given to HM The Queen. AFAIK, the only female member of the Royal Family I have ever seen wearing her medals is HRH The Duchess of Gloucester and that was at a Guildhall Banquet I think.

***I know I don't have that right, but that's the one Regiment where I get the name of the Regiment mixed up every single time!! Drives me nuts, but especially on today of all days.

Sophie looks amazing in Erdem love it I have to say though I wish she would do something with the hair I don't like the clip she has become attached to .... is it just me very school marmish IMO of course.

Loved the pictures of the Sew1 event Anna!
A bit OT sorry, but is the date for the DOC hospice event correct? The tweets I saw said it was next Tues - which would be the 15th.

Loved the pictures of the Sew1 event Anna!
A bit OT sorry, but is the date for the DOC hospice event correct? The tweets I saw said it was next Tues - which would be the 15th.
Me too, Sophie looks stunning.
As for Kate, yes date is correct, she has engagement on 19, then 25.

The rule about the Royal Family wearing black for mourning only must have been relaxed.

Edward and Louise had a little horse ride today in Windsor Castle.

Daddy and Louise

Sophie was there to watch and keep an eye on the dogs. Sophie

RexFeatures has a couple more images though no sign of James.

Last edited:
Edward and Louise had a little horse ride today in Windsor Castle.

Daddy and Louise

Sophie was there to watch and keep an eye on the dogs. Sophie

RexFeatures has a couple more images though no sign of James.

Thank you for this post, Molly2101. :flowers: I love seeing this family doing things as a family. I am also puzzled why James is so absent, though maybe it's just me not catching the times he is there. :)

Thank you for this post, Molly2101. :flowers: I love seeing this family doing things as a family. I am also puzzled why James is so absent, though maybe it's just me not catching the times he is there. :)

Given that Edward and Sophie are the two members of the BRF who seem to be the closest to other European royals (as the Queen's default represesentatives in royal weddings and likewise ceremonies), I would love to see James or Louise marry a Scandinavian or Dutch princess/prince in the future. I know that the probability of that ever happening is very small these days, but I still hope it does.

Last edited:
I can totally see James and Isabella as they are both little monkeys in public. There aren't any Princes really who are Louise's age.....nearest would be Felix maybe. He is a handsome fellow as well!

There is young Count Claus-Casimir, Beatrix's lonely only grandson.

Given that Edward and Sophie are the two members of the BRF who seem to be the closest to other European royals (as the Queen's default represesentatives in royal weddings and likewise ceremonies), I would love to see James or Louise marry a Scandinavian or Dutch princess/prince in the future. I know that the probability of that ever happening is very small these days, but I still hope it does.

Interesting idea :flowers: but they're never abroad at functions with their children so relationships will not flower under those conditions. Unless once Louise and James become teenagers they take them along. That would be fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom