The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Anna- Loved this post.
Love the violet hat in 2010, and the light blue one at Ascot.
Added bonus - the lovely Duchess of Cambridge in that divine hat, and best of all, William in a top hat!

Old 07-02-2014, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie has always had the ability to find new designers to suit her style and Heavenly Necklaces was a find of hers as well.I love her hats now they were a bit questionable prior but very elegant now IMO

Old 07-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Great general info blog, Anna! Thanks for the background.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Courtier

Glad you liked it. It was something I wrote in the heat of the moment.
I will have official pictures from the visit to hospital, and most likely from 30th anniversary gala of Tomorrow's people for my blog! YAY
But here's a little preview from today. To me she is perfect.
Royal Photography by Paul Ratcliffe: LEEDS July 2014 Sophie Countess of Wessex
Old 07-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie looked lovely today and I really love those earrings. Her smile is basically what makes her look so pretty. She should just smile all the time really. Not a hard thing to do!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Administrator

On June 30 the Earl of Wessex opened the Woodview Centre at Wigan and Leigh Hospice in Hindley, Wigan.

** Pic **

** wigantoday.net: Royal flourish for hospice’s new centre **

** ehospice.com: The Earl of Wessex officially opens new centre at Wigan and Leigh Hospice **

** leighjournal.co.uk: VIDEO: Prince Edward opens new centre at Wigan and Leigh Hospice in Hindley **
Old 07-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Courtier

HRH Countess of Wessex: Countess visits Leeds Children’s Hospital for the 3rd time!
Finally post is up. Very happy Sophie supported Twitter campaign.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see Edward's visit was covered.

Sophie wasn't wear her wedding rings. That may be the first time I have noticed that. Love the image of her with the baby in the cot.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Courtier

It's mandatory to remove jewellery from hands when visiting a hospital and use antibacterial soap or something to hands. She is meeting very ill children, so they cannot risk their lives. That's only why she isn't wearing jewellery.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaelfka View Post
It's mandatory to remove jewellery from hands when visiting a hospital and use antibacterial soap or something to hands. She is meeting very ill children, so they cannot risk their lives. That's only why she isn't wearing jewellery.
That is true but I am sure she has worn her jewellery before. My midwife colleagues wear a plain wedding band to work as that is allowed.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:22 PM
Courtier

She did wear in hospitals, but at some point she removed it always. She was meeting children waiting for transplants or after transplants, so I am sure she was briefed before, and just didn't take anything with her. BTW recently she only wore her diamond band, without wedding band.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
HRH Countess of Wessex: Countess visits Leeds Children’s Hospital for the 3rd time!
Love all the pictures in this post. Loved the one of the baby in the cot.
I do not see a Countess there- I see a Mummy.
Old 07-03-2014, 04:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

OKAY...THAT'S IT!!! I am beyond frustrated here and ticked off!!!!!

For the last few weeks, whenever I try to access certain sites like Anna's site on Sophie or The Express, I get a blank page over top of it after about a few seconds w/Twitter Widget Help at the top of the page and it will *not* go away!! If I hit the back button, the blasted thing just refreshes itself instead of taking me back to the site I want to look at.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get rid of it? I would very much like to access Anna's excellent site again w/out having to reload and attempt speed reading the contents before that (insert favourite swear word here) widget thing kicks in.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-03-2014, 11:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Thank you for sharing this Anna. I love seeing Sophie with children. She has a way with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
You're correct; I don't see a Countess either. More than likely, she was remembering her own experience of seeing her daughter in a crib like that when she was little.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-04-2014, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I was just about to post the same thing! The photo of Sophie gazing down at the baby in the cot was my favourite too. Judging by her facial expression, I can imagine that the little one reminded her of Louise and James when they were babies. Sophie is a natural with children.

PS = I'm joining the chorus of those who have thanked Anna for her hard work and blog. I'm always impressed at how fast you ID Sophie's clothes and jewellery.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-05-2014, 07:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
OKAY...THAT'S IT!!! I am beyond frustrated here and ticked off!!!!!

For the last few weeks, whenever I try to access certain sites like Anna's site on Sophie or The Express, I get a blank page over top of it after about a few seconds w/Twitter Widget Help at the top of the page and it will *not* go away!! If I hit the back button, the blasted thing just refreshes itself instead of taking me back to the site I want to look at.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how do I get rid of it? I would very much like to access Anna's excellent site again w/out having to reload and attempt speed reading the contents before that (insert favourite swear word here) widget thing kicks in.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Looks like your computer has been spammed. There are certain ways to clean it, block ads and so on, ask someone who knows that stuff, I won't be able to help. I would need to see your computer in order to do so.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
PS = I'm joining the chorus of those who have thanked Anna for her hard work and blog. I'm always impressed at how fast you ID Sophie's clothes and jewellery.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it a lot.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Video: HRH The Countess of Wessex at the Great Yorkshire Show

Video: Countess of Wessex at the Great Yorkshire Show - Yorkshire Post
Old 07-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Courtier

HRH Countess of Wessex: Countess visits The Great Yorkshire Show
Old 07-08-2014, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie is a braver lady than I for holding that eagle. I would not even want to get close let alone hold it!