Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 8: January 2014-March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pictures. Sophie looked lovely. I like the EW dress without the hat. The uniforms hurt my eyes.
Anna- I mistakenly scrolled the green sidebar down, and several of the posts vanished from the sidebar, and all that was there was a white square. Sorry if that causes you problems. Maybe I should have scrolled back up. Honestly, the one thing I don't like about your site is the sidebar.

You can change the sidebar to other options. Plus you don't have to scroll up or down, you can always click on home at pages section. If sth vanished it;s not me just your site. Close it and open again.

I wonder why? :ermm:

Perhaps she was in Ibiza/just coming back from Ibiza at the time, which would explain her absence. :flowers:

I didn't realise that Sophie and Edward were at the Opening Ceremony last night, I only saw HM when I watched it. (I don't think Philip was filmed either? He was mentioned but I don't remember seeing him.)

I watched the whole thing, and only saw HM. But they were there, few pics it my post.
Finally pics from today, I did bothered photographer... I admit:
Countess of Wessex Photos - Zimbio
Link to Sophie's blouse in my post from today. Though the shop site works very slow!

:previous: Ah OK, thanks Anna. :flowers: Sophie and Edward rarely get coverage on TV (whenever Catherine or Harry perform an engagement, it's usually reported about on The News - I'm not comparing by the way), which I think is a shame, because they do a lot of hard work for the BRF.

Perhaps she was in Ibiza/just coming back from Ibiza at the time, which would explain her absence. :flowers:
They were already back, Earl was in Glasgow on that day, he was inviting Team Australia. As for Sophie, the only thing that comes to my mind, that she was with him in Glasgow as well. Or simply they wasn't invited. As what it looked only the same people that were at christening were at his birthday.

They were already back, Earl was in Glasgow on that day, he was inviting Team Australia. As for Sophie, the only thing that comes to my mind, that she was with him in Glasgow as well. Or simply they weren't invited. As what it looked only the same people that were at christening were at his birthday.

Oh. :ermm: Disappointing.

Darn it!! All it states is they'll be over here during that time period. I was hoping for more info on that Sophie in Northern Ontario tease from last week's announcement in the Globe and Mail.

It was lovely to see Edward present Canada's 1st Medal of the Games today to Kristen Sweetland. I know some (not here) were grousing over it being Silver, but boy has this young lady improved her swim and bike times. The fact she was only 5 seconds behind the Gold Medalist from Australia at the Finish Line is a very good sign at the halfway point on the Road to Rio IMHO.

Anyway...I am very much looking forward to seeing both Wessexes over the coming days both enjoying the Competition *and* handing out more Medals at the Games. If the lucky ones on the Podium happen to be Canadian, even better!! :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

They were already back, Earl was in Glasgow on that day, he was inviting Team Australia. As for Sophie, the only thing that comes to my mind, that she was with him in Glasgow as well. Or simply they wasn't invited. As what it looked only the same people that were at christening were at his birthday.

Thanks for the correction. :flowers: I think Sophie being in Glasgow with Edward is more likely, although if they weren't invited to the party, then that surprises me a lot since I've read that Sophie and Catherine are quite close. Louise was a bridesmaid at her and William's wedding, after all.

Edward and Sophie attended some sporting events for the Commonwealth Games at the Velodrome in Glasgow, Scotland:

Les Wessex au vélodrome de Glasgow

Lovely yo see Edward and Sophie presenting medals. I am sure we will see them a lot over the games, and let's hope the press find some photos of them!

Well, they are really lovely photos, Anna!

Last edited:
Thank you for the pictures, Anna. James looks to be into it, while Louise is a bit more subdued. In any case, I'm glad to see them out and about.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Sophie's hair looks quite nice. :flowers:

James is an interesting amalgam of both his parents in looks. Can't say who he resembles. A case of 'he resembles himself'. :flowers:

What a nice surprise! Louise is pretty and is also looking quite grown up now. Little James is adorable.

James is an interesting amalgam of both his parents in looks. Can't say who he resembles. A case of 'he resembles himself'. :flowers:

I agree, whereas I think Louise looks a lot like Sophie and the Windsors. I posted a comparison of Louise and Mary, Princess Royal (Queen Mary's daughter) in the 'Family Resemblance' thread, and they look exactly alike. It's almost as if they're identical twins.

What a nice surprise! Louise is pretty and is also looking quite grown up now. Little James is adorable.

I agree, whereas I think Louise looks a lot like Sophie and the Windsors. I posted a comparison of Louise and Mary, Princess Royal (Queen Mary's daughter) in the 'Family Resemblance' thread, and they look exactly alike. It's almost as if they're identical twins.
Louise is becoming rather pretty isn't she? She looks much more grown up without her fringe. I think she looks much more like Edward than Sophie, whereas James looks a bit like Sophie. I do agree that he is a mix of his parents and TOTALLY agree about Louise looking like Princess Mary. The resemblance was scary!

James is such a cutie covering his ears as it was too loud. Sophie looked lovely today with her hair down as well. Nice to see the family wearing Commonwealth Games t-shirts too.

:previous: According to reports, Louise did have an operation back in December, and I had noticed that her eyes were improving before and after that.

Louise is becoming rather pretty isn't she? She looks much more grown up without her fringe. I think she looks much more like Edward than Sophie, whereas James looks a bit like Sophie. I do agree that he is a mix of his parents and TOTALLY agree about Louise looking like Princess Mary. The resemblance was scary!

James is such a cutie covering his ears as it was too loud. Sophie looked lovely today with her hair down as well. Nice to see the family wearing Commonwealth Games t-shirts too.

Yes, she is. :) I don't think you can mistake her for not being a Windsor. Out of all the royals, she is IMO the one that resembles them the most. And I agree about James, he's so adorable.

The Wessexes are one of my favourite little families within the BRF, I know I've said this before but I wish there was more coverage of them in the media.

I believe she had operation as it was reported, but I also read, you'll never know if the sight will be improved for good. Could be like in her case, it's back as it was.... She is such a darling girl.
Post is ready with pics from my agency at last, hope you'll enjoy!
HRH Countess of Wessex: Day 4 of XX Commonwealth Games with Earl & Countess of Wessex & kids!

Love the 7th picture down - Louise's body gesture, her face - we see the woman-in-the-girl. :flowers:

Regarding the eyes - I, too, noticed that the lazy eye was still happening but I have the impression that it is improved. She may be doing exercises to control it, and when she is tired or forgets, the eye will wander. She is growing into a lovely young woman. I have a hunch they will try again with corrective surgery at some point, when Louise says she's ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom