Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie looked GOOD today. I love that coat - the colour is so bright. I love that Sophie was toasting marshmallows with them.

Agree she looked lovely and do think she is an amazing asset and am really only sorry that she was not included in Prince George's christening .... I think it was really bad taste however that is only IMO and that is all it is.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 3h
The Earl & Countess of Wessex are making a trip to Canada on 1st November to carry out engagements for the DofE award scheme.

A 24 hour trip! That's a long way to go for the DoE awards for a day.

How precious is that photo in the first article?

Very. My cousin Wyatt had his last big surgery for his cleft palate this Summer and so far, so good. Anything after this one will now be his choice if he feels he needs anything else done. It is so beyond wonderful what can be done for these kids these days. Even before this one, if you did not know Wyatt was a cleft palate and lip baby, you never would know. The Plastic Surgery Dept at Sick Kids in Toronto truly is a place where miracles happen. :)

So glad Sophie is the Patron for this organization in the UK. These kids need someone in their corner who truly cares about them and do whatever needed to help them and their Families.

I love PurePeople's articles. The photos are always that bit bigger!

Apparently Sophie owns a race horse with The Countess of Derby.

Luke's late late show | David Carr

The article briefly mentions Sophie attending to support their horse.

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.uk/news/10770067.Royal_visitor_for_Sedgemoor_Guides_and_Brownies/

Earl & Countess held International Special Projects Dinner 2013 at Bagshot Park on 17th Oct.. Few pics from that event here:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.230529227113357.1073741851.179199982246282&type=3
Unfortunately no pic of Sophie. Photographer's album is password protected so most likely we won't see her at all :(
He has more pics of Earl & Countess's dinners at Bagshot Park, but they are all protected:
Fergus Burnett proofing gallery

This pic is most likely from International Special Projects dinner at Bagshot Park December 6, 2012:
HRH The Countess of Wessex appointed Global Ambassador | The Duke of Edinburgh

Thanks for the links Anna, it's a shame we can't see the photos as it would be nice to see inside Bagshot.

Not sure how I feel about Edward's velvet suit....

I think the velvet suit is very classy. I want a suit like that.

Awww Louise and James! :D Louise's ringlets are beautiful and I love how blonde her hair still is. Sophie's coat looks toasty warm too.

The kids are off school this week as it's half term in the UK. I love that Sophie is just relaxing with her kids and probably her children's friends' parents. How normal.

I love Twitter! A man who is a guard at Windsor Castle was talking about having to salute Lady Louise every time she rode past him on her horse...I didn't think she would need to be saluted, but apparently so.

Hayd☆ ‏@Haydennnx 24 Oct
@jadepriceXXX the queens grandaughter came out and shes like 8. I had to salute her and she kept going past on her horse was like fs! Haha

Hayd☆ ‏@Haydennnx 24 Oct
Just done my first guard and her royal highness the duchess of wessex kept coming past my arms are in clip had to keep saluting. Tired now

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but it suddenly occurred to me that this year is 20 years since Edward and Sophie started going out with each other someimte in 1993 I believe. Quite momentous.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned before, but it suddenly occurred to me that this year is 20 years since Edward and Sophie started going out with each other someimte in 1993 I believe. Quite momentous.

Momentous for BRF member, yes!

Awww Louise and James! :D Louise's ringlets are beautiful and I love how blonde her hair still is. Sophie's coat looks toasty warm too.

The kids are off school this week as it's half term in the UK. I love that Sophie is just relaxing with her kids and probably her children's friends' parents. How normal.

I love Twitter! A man who is a guard at Windsor Castle was talking about having to salute Lady Louise every time she rode past him on her horse...I didn't think she would need to be saluted, but apparently so.

Hayd☆ ‏@Haydennnx 24 Oct
@jadepriceXXX the queens grandaughter came out and shes like 8. I had to salute her and she kept going past on her horse was like fs! Haha

Hayd☆ ‏@Haydennnx 24 Oct
Just done my first guard and her royal highness the duchess of wessex kept coming past my arms are in clip had to keep saluting. Tired now

I like the story of the man who saluted Louise as she rode past him on her horse, thanks for posting Molly. :) Louise and James looked cute in that photo.

Lovely photo of Louise and James. She is absolutely beautifulwith her tousled hair!

Hayd☆ ‏@Haydennnx 24 Oct

Hayd☆ ‏@Haydennnx 24 Oct

I love Louise's hair too. She looks so sweet with the curls. The stories about the salutes are amusing. I have a feeling to Louise, and James the salute is a part of the procedure when visiting Granny, but still amusing to read the point of view from the guards who have to give it.

Missed these. Love the first picture.
And the second picture- Giant game blocks! How cool is that? I used to play that game all the time in speech therapy. So much fun. But never the giant version.Sophie looks like she is at karate practice.:lol:

We have those big blocks in my classroom, and my kids love them. They can play with them for hours, if allowed.

I would love to buy Sophie's old car, it's so cute!

Thanks for the link to more images, Anna. Those photos of Sophie with the children are as always so lovely to see. I love the photos of her with the brownies and I love that she talked about Louise who is a Brownie. I was a Brownie and a Girl Guide! The Brownie uniform has changed a lot though. When I went we had to wear a skirt...

When does Sophie go to Hong Kong? I wonder if she will attend the state banquet this evening at Buckingham Palace....

Last edited:
I would love to buy Sophie's old car, it's so cute!
When does Sophie go to Hong Kong? I wonder if she will attend the state banquet this evening at Buckingham Palace....
Me too!
Sophie's visit to Hing Kong is on the 20th.
Edward is at the State Banquet, no Sophie though.
She will attend Remembrence Service as it poped out in her diary as well. Thankfully :)

Last edited:
I love Louise's hair too. She looks so sweet with the curls. The stories about the salutes are amusing. I have a feeling to Louise, and James the salute is a part of the procedure when visiting Granny, but still amusing to read the point of view from the guards who have to give it.

We have those big blocks in my classroom, and my kids love them. They can play with them for hours, if allowed.
Cool! I can only imagine...

Wonderful pictures.

These bring tears to the eyes. Sophie would have been one check of a special education teacher. She and Robert Hardy need to do a visit together tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom