Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People from Meningitist Trust on Facebook are the kindest. They shared big pics from Concert ( I asked them), and even send me message when they did it!
Meningitis Trust Dinner & Concert | Facebook

Pics from yesterday, opening of Sandwell College:
Timeline Photos | Facebook

Countess also visited QARANC:
Countess of Wessex Sophie launches £77m West Bromwich college « Express & Star

Thanks Anna! That was great of The Meningitis Trust to do that. Sophie looks beautiful at it and I like her (another new) dress. :D

Facebook is not working for me- shame- I so wanted to see the pics, and Sophie's dress!

I thought it looked like a Roland dress! My fashion nose is getting stronger.

Sophie is obviously wearing the sleeves up to cover her shoulders for Royal protocol and pinned the back together, but it's still a beautiful dress.

Lovely photos. Thank you for posting the links Annaelfka.

She is just getting better all the time love her .....

I am not a big fan of her Christmas coat this year, mainly because of where the line separating the colours appears on the coat. It's not a great place I feel; perhaps if had been lower down her waist, as opposed to across her chest I would have preferred it. I do agree though that Sophie just gets better and better with age, considering the woman is near her big 5.0.

Thanks for more photos, Anna. :D

Well, this ought to be exciting :D:

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral
BREAKING NEWS: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex is to visit the United States of America from 21st May-24th May. More to come shortly.

It's likely related to the Duke of Edinburgh's Award, but it's good news. :D

We are always willing to welcome members of the royal family with open arms in America.

Edward & the DofE Awards may get a mention in the local paper of whatever city he visits but that will be about it. He certainly will not get the attention that Harry will get meeting with disabled vets.

That was a great article on Sophie. She's a beautiful wife, mother and a hardworking member of the royal family. I really liked the pictures, especially the one of her and the Duchesses of Cornwall & Cambridge.

Last edited:
Well, this ought to be exciting :D:

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral
BREAKING NEWS: Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex is to visit the United States of America from 21st May-24th May. More to come shortly.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Award - USA

HRH The Prince Edward will visit the USA from May 21-24 in support of The Duke of Edinburgh's Award - USA. During the tour, HRH will make appearances in New York City (May 21-22) and Nashville, TN (May 23-24).

The Nashville visit will include Tennessee's inaugural DofE Award ceremony hosted by Governor Bill Haslam and Mrs. Crissy Haslam at the Tennessee Governor's Mansion.

Following the Award ceremony, a black-tie Royal Gala will benefit the US Duke of Edinburgh's Award, taking place at Montgomery Bell Academy, which is one of our inaugural Award programs in Nashville. Mrs. Crissy Haslam is serving as Honorary Chair of the Gala, with Nashville philanthropist Ellen Martin chairing the Royal affair.

The NYC visit will benefit The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Foundation in London and the work of the US Award in New York.

For ticket information, please contact our National Office at 202-534-1783.

As the Earl and Countess attended the BAFTA reception at Windsor Castle along with other members of the Royal Family, posts discussing their attendance have been moved to the British Royal Family current events thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

As the Earl and Countess attended the BAFTA reception at Windsor Castle along with other members of the Royal Family, posts discussing their attendance have been moved to the British Royal Family current events thread.

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator
Sorry I forgot that this was family event.

Here's pic of Sophie at QARANC from last week:
Timeline Photos | Facebook

New article from DM:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2304827/How-Queen-helped-Sophie-wobbles-her.html

Last edited:
Edward & the DofE Awards may get a mention in the local paper of whatever city he visits but that will be about it. He certainly will not get the attention that Harry will get meeting with disabled vets.

Yes, I read recently that there was some concern about Edward's trip, because so far all the interest and enthusiasm is for Harry!

No one seems to care much about Edward's visit, especially since Sophie won't be with him and won't even spark comment about her clothes.

But perhaps if Harry's visit is the huge success that's anticipated, some of it may carry over to Edward.

I think it will be of interest to all of those involved in the DoE award scheme. I dont think anyone expects thousands of screaming young girls or celebrities to turn out - just people who have worked hard and got an award, their families and those who helped them get there.

Thanks! My friend lives in Bagshot and I jokingly told her she has to join the WI even though she's very young, just incase she gets to meet Sophie!

A bit off topic but I have just watched a couple of videos on AP Archive of the Royal family and there's one of Edward and Sophie doing an engagement in 2001 and Sophie calls him Ed. How nice! Edward seems so formal so it's nice to see she calls him Ed. I read that Edward calls her Soph.

New (and I must add lovely!), official photograph of Countess Wessex commisioned by Lions Clubs International British Isles:

http://www.lions.org.uk/joomla/images/royal-highness-the-countess-of-wessex.jpg

Link to site:
lionsmd105.org

When you enter the site you will see a small pic of Countess and under it will be written:
Click here for further information
(or try clicking here) it will direct you to the pics and story from Countess visit. If you want to see pics in HQ's use right click on mouse.

WOW. She looks gorgeous. The photograph is very nice, the colour palete is subtle but very good. Sophie's choice of wardrobe seems like a good choice for an official photograph and her smile is the first thing you notice. It's a 5* photograph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom