Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that photo, Anna. Sophie looks beautiful and you know she is thinking, "I want this..."

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 3h
On Monday, it was announced that The Countess of Wessex has become Global Ambassador for The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 3h
On Monday, it was announced that The Countess of Wessex has become Global Ambassador for The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award.

This is good news. I think it also points to Sophie and Edward eventually being the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh too. :D

This is good news. I think it also points to Sophie and Edward eventually being the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh too. :D

I can't wait until the day we call them The Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh as they both do a lot for the DoE award scheme. Of course it will be sad as it will not be Philip as the Duke, but someday Edward will fill the role and he'll do a good job! Some day James will be His Grace, The Duke of Edinburgh as well.

It is not only Philip that has to die but the Queen also. When Philip dies the Dukedom goes to Charles as the eldest son, when the Queen dies the dukedom is merged with the crown and the new King, Charles can issue it to Edward.

I am aware of that Skippyboo, don't worry. I just meant it will be odd to be referring to a Duke of Edinburgh and it's not Philip.

Being discussed in the christening thread but it's very accurate, both Anne and Sophie won't be going as they're both doing engagements. Anne is in Canada and Sophie is in South West England. Daily Mail neglect that statement however. Stopping neither of them being godparents though.

@RoyalCentral: The Countess of Wessex is to hold a reception to celebrate the Fiftieth Anniversary of @BBCDoctorWho at Buckingham Palace on 18th November.

I love that Sophie is holding a reception for Doctor Who. I am not a Doctor Who fan but this will surely please a lot of their fans!

@RoyalCentral: The Countess of Wessex is to hold a reception to celebrate the Fiftieth Anniversary of @BBCDoctorWho at Buckingham Palace on 18th November.

That means " Tristan" from All Creatures Great and Small - Peter Davision the 5th doctor will meet Sophie.:cool:

No one is commenting on article written by HRH? :flowers:
I think she has done a superb job.

She most certainly did. I have an eye disease slowly taking away my perhipal vision and I consider Sophie as *my* member of the Royal Family, as she truly does amazing work in the fight against Blindness. BTW, IAFB is one of the organizations out there pouring research into Retinitis Pigmentosa and a treatment/cure. They've found the gene that causes it, now they "need to find the key to unlock the door" as one Doctor said in an interview not too long ago. It's a really exciting time for what's going on in Retinal Disease Research and HRH is and has done so much to help raise both awareness and funding dollars. We truly are very lucky in the Visually Impaired/Blind Community to have the Countess in our corner fighting for us. :)

My vision keeps getting worse as I get older and who knows, I might lose my sight someday. I dont even have a disease and I am thankful everyday that I can even see, blurry and all. Good for Sophie, its a great cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom