Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those. They are really small, or is it just me? Hard to read the text, but great that Sophie's amazingness is being recognised!

The Countess of Wessex was in Bedford today (that is soooo near me, gutted I was working), opening Lakeview School.

Royal Visit to Lakeview School

How adorable was Sophie's response to the little girl saying a Princess was coming to the school? Too cute.
Sophie s indeed amazing! That comment was so sweet!

Thanks for those. They are really small, or is it just me? Hard to read the text, but great that Sophie's amazingness is being recognised!

The Countess of Wessex was in Bedford today (that is soooo near me, gutted I was working), opening Lakeview School.

Royal Visit to Lakeview School

How adorable was Sophie's response to the little girl saying a Princess was coming to the school? Too cute.

Thank you for the links. I adore Sophie's smile. It's so genuine. Wonderful that she's being recognized.

Sophie s indeed amazing! That comment was so sweet![/QUOTE

That interaction made me smile. I can just picture the wonder o the little girl's face.

Here's another nice pic of Sophie in Bedford on January 17 and two more articles about the visit:

** Pic **

** Sophie comes to town - Royal visit, the full report **

** Children welcome royalty to new school **

According to the BBC Sophie has accepted the patronage of the Border Union Agricultural Society (BUAS):

** Countess of Wessex takes 200th Border Union Show role **

On January 11 the Earl of Wessex as Trustee of the The Duke of Edinburgh's Award visited Amey plc. in Oxford:

** Pic ** Amey’s work tackling youth unemployment receives Royal seal of approval **

A great gallery of pics of the Countess of Wessex in Bedford can also be found here:

** bedfordtoday.co.uk: Click here for Countess of Wessex pictures **

Last edited:
Thank you very much for all the links! I love Sophie's coat, and her scarf. It looks like the sort of gift kids give to their parents, I love it.

There is also a video of Sophie's visit to Bedford, seen here.

Thank you very much for all the links! I love Sophie's coat, and her scarf. It looks like the sort of gift kids give to their parents, I love it.

There is also a video of Sophie's visit to Bedford, seen here.

Thank you for the video, Molly :flowers:. Sophie looked wonderful, and like you, I love the scarf. Wonder if it was a gift from her kiddos. I can never tire watching her interact with children. She's so genuinely interested in what they have to say and it shows.

Sophie's such a lovely lady and I adore how she made that little girl's day. Can't you just see that little one's face after Sophie told her that she was the Princess? :eek:D A moment that little girl will never forget.

Love the coat and scarf too. The picture that goes along w/the article that tells that story is one of the best of Sophie I've seen. Gorgeous picture of HRH. :eek:)

Thanks for all the links!!

Thank you for the video, Molly :flowers:. Sophie looked wonderful, and like you, I love the scarf. Wonder if it was a gift from her kiddos. I can never tire watching her interact with children. She's so genuinely interested in what they have to say and it shows.

Sophie appears to genuinely love children and interact so well with them. I am so glad she and Edward managed to have their own children.

A little bit of information has been released about the Wessex's Jubilee tour. The dates for their trip to Montserrat have been released by their government. Link

They arrive and leave by sea? How cool!

Sophie appears to genuinely love children and interact so well with them. I am so glad she and Edward managed to have their own children.

A little bit of information has been released about the Wessex's Jubilee tour. The dates for their trip to Montserrat have been released by their government. Link

They arrive and leave by sea? How cool!

I agree completely. These interactions give us little glimpses into how Sophie might interact with her own children. Her and Edward are undoubtedly lovely parents.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Royal visit to Montserrat
His Excellency the Governor, Mr Adrian Davis is pleased to announce that Montserrat is to host a Royal visit during March of this year as part of the celebrations for Her Majesty The Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The Prince and Princess Edward (the Earl and Countess of Wessex) will visit Montserrat on Friday 2 March 2012 and will arrive and depart by sea.
[/FONT]

The Earl of Wessex has given a speech at the opening ceremony for the start of the ISU European
Figure Skating Championships in Sheffield today, January 25, 2012.

** Pic **

Thanks for the image. I wonder what he said. Break a leg?...

More information has been released for Sophie and Edward's tour of the Carribbean. They are going in February/March. I would have thought they would have spread it out throughout the year but I guess not.

According to the Court Circular:

22nd February 2012 -
The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit St. Lucia on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee and St. Lucia Independence Day.

23rd February 2012 -

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

will visit Barbados on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

25th February 2012 -

will visit St. Vincent on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

27th February 2012 -

will visit Grenada on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

28th February 2012 -

will visit Trinidad and Tobago on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen in celebration of the Diamond Jubilee.

Last edited:
Thanks for the image. I wonder what he said. Break a leg?...

I guess not :D It could have let to misunderstandings among all those European participants who are not
that familiar with certain proverbs..;)

Here are at least a few quotes from his speech:

** thestar.co.uk: Stunning display at ice ceremony **

The Earl of Wessex has attended a series of events in Northern Ireland yesterday, January 31. In Belfast
he officially opened the Duke of Edinburgh Award's new Regional Office at Forestgrove Business Park and
in Newcastle he presented gold Duke of Ed certificates to participants from the NI Cancer Fund for Children.
He met a number of the awardees and their parents, as well as workers and volunteers involved in the
scheme run at Shimna Valley Village (see the pic).

** Pic ** BBC: Earl of Wessex in Northern Ireland **

Thanks for the images, glad to see Edward in my home country! He does so much for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

The Countess of Wessex was in Bracknell today (8.2.12) opening the Royal Berkshire Bracknell Clinic.

Image + Image

More images + Even more images + More images

Article

The last link of images is the same as the second link, but the RexFeatures link, just incase anyone has ability to use Rex images. I do not have that ability.

The Countess of Wessex also attended the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries Livery Dinner at Apothercaries' Hall in London on 6.2.12.

Below is an article by a man who I think met her at the dinner, who also took the photograph above. He is singing Sophie's praises, thankfully!

When Giovanni met Sophie

The Earl of Wessex has been out and about too, most recently he visited Nickolodian Land in Blackpool, in what was quite an awkward photocall!

Edward and his buddies

Prince Edward enjoys two days in Lancashire with SpongeBob Squarepants

It makes me wish he had brought his children, then it would've been cute...

This photocall has led to the Mirror posting an article about the most awkward photos from the Royal Family's engagements. My favourite is without a doubt the one with Camilla and the horse.

Royally embarrassing! The Family's most uncomfortable photo opportunities

Last edited:
Molly, thank you for the pictures and the article from 'The Mirror'. The pictures from the latter were a riot :ROFLMAO:. The one of Edward with the kids' shows characters looks more like a nightmare. Poor soul.

The pictures of Sophie and the kids are as always, delightful to look at. Everyone's smiling (though the little girl in the grey dress and white shirt looked a little taken aback).

Thanks for the images, glad to see Edward in my home country! He does so much for the Duke of Edinburgh's Award.

The Countess of Wessex was in Bracknell today (8.2.12) opening the Royal Berkshire Bracknell Clinic.

Image + Image

More images + Even more images + More images

Article

The last link of images is the same as the second link, but the RexFeatures link, just incase anyone has ability to use Rex images. I do not have that ability.

The Countess of Wessex also attended the Worshipful Society of Apothecaries Livery Dinner at Apothercaries' Hall in London on 6.2.12.

Below is an article by a man who I think met her at the dinner, who also took the photograph above. He is singing Sophie's praises, thankfully!

When Giovanni met Sophie

The Earl of Wessex has been out and about too, most recently he visited Nickolodian Land in Blackpool, in what was quite an awkward photocall!

Edward and his buddies

Prince Edward enjoys two days in Lancashire with SpongeBob Squarepants

It makes me wish he had brought his children, then it would've been cute...

This photocall has led to the Mirror posting an article about the most awkward photos from the Royal Family's engagements. My favourite is without a doubt the one with Camilla and the horse.

Royally embarrassing! The Family's most uncomfortable photo opportunities
:previous:
Thank you very very much,Molly for the pictures and articles :flowers:

It's always a pleasure to see more of Wessexs ;)
Sophie looks very lovely on dinner's photos; that was the dress , if I'm not wrong, from Albert and Charlene's wedding :); I also must say once again she always look comfortable and beautiful around children :twohearts:
Edward's reaction is hilarious :ROFLMAO:.He maybe is thinking : "Why the hell am I here? They should ask my children to go on this event!!!" :p:whistling:

Yes I wish the children were there to see the characters.It would look less awkward!

:previous: I suppose that Lady Louise is in school, and James would be a little young for a public appearance.

Yes I know but,it would still be cute! ;)

:previous: Thank you for the pictures, iceflower :flowers:. I love the patriotic hand bag, and the second picture with the little girl.

Great pics from yesterday, thanks a lot for posting! :flowers:

Here are some of them with less watermarks:

** Pic 2 ** ****
The first link had me in hysterics, the 2nd was so beautiful I am lost for words!
And can I just say, Sophie opens a fire station, visits a health clinic, and a school, all in one day, and gives them all her time, without rushing! That is one busy, ( and special!) lady!

The first link had me in hysterics, the 2nd was so beautiful I am lost for words!
And can I just say, Sophie opens a fire station, visits a health clinic, and a school, all in one day, and gives them all her time, without rushing! That is one busy, ( and special!) lady!

I'm in full agreement about Sophie. She has no problem sharing herself, like some other people we know :D.

Here's a flickr picture of Edward, meeting with people involved with the Duke of Edinburgh Award.

The Earl of Wessex meets young people involved in The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Others may come but Sophie is my favourite British royal she looks charming in these photos and am looking forward to seeing lots more during this busy year.

Britain's Prince Edward plans Birmingham visit | al.com

British royalty is headed to Birmingham in April.

Prince Edward, the youngest child of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, will attend events on April 28 celebrating the partnership of the Miss America Pageant with the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom