Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has and always will be one of my favorite royals. It is nice to see a marriage succeeding in royalty rather than consistently hearing about affairs or how unhappy they are in the marriage.

Sophie's my favourite Royal too; but i also feel it's got something to do that we're much the same age (I'm just a teensy bit older); it's easier to relate to someone the same age. I am interested in Kate and what she's doing; she is lovely but how can anyone relate to that perfection?

The Countess of Wessex visited Nuffield Health Hospital in Tunbridge Wells today.

The Countess of Wessex tries her hand at using the Laproscopic (keyhole surgery) trainer in the new digital theatre guided by Deputy Theatre Manager Nasreen Young and Consultant Urologist Mr.John Donohue at the Nuffield Health Hospital in Tunbridge Wells, Kent. 08/09/2011

Reference = Metro News

Sophie is bringing out the Ascot clothing now. I wasn't enamoured by that ensemble when I first saw it, and I am still not overly sure on the jacket. The dress underneath, however, looks lovely.

She seems to be having a ball! Love her laugh!:lol:

She did look like she had fun. I have found some more images of the visit:

One and Two

A few more can be found here.

I love the few of Sophie "performing" surgery. Amusing.

One and Two

I love the fact that she wants to learn and be hands-on. She looks like she's enjoying herself.

One and Two

:previous:
Lovely :flowers::flowers::flowers:
She would will be an excellent-beautiful surgeon ;) :p:whistling:

Sophie the Surgeon. Reminds me of the game Operation!:lol:
A little bit more hi-tech here of course!;)

Let's hope no machines buzzed as she touched the sides! I love that Sophie is hands on, getting stuck in to try it all out. I wonder if the patient was aware that Royalty would be performing on her!

Let's hope no machines buzzed as she touched the sides! I love that Sophie is hands on, getting stuck in to try it all out. I wonder if the patient was aware that Royalty would be performing on her!

I wonder how it would have gone down if they were dealing with an actual patient and not a dummy. Thinking that in such a case she would probably just stood back and watched.

I wonder how it would have gone down if they were dealing with an actual patient and not a dummy. Thinking that in such a case she would probably just stood back and watched.

Oh yeh, so it is! Now I feel foolish, haha. I can imagine Sophie wanting to try it on the real deal though!

@ Daria- Like Princess Di did watching third world children have open heart surgery in Britain through the Chain of Hope charity she supported. ( charity that brings ill third world children to Britain for medical treatment, unavailable in their own country.);)
@ Molly- Sorry I laughed at you! Nothing to feel foolish about!
It did look real!:)

@ Daria- Like Princess Di did watching third world children have open heart surgery in Britain through the Chain of Hope charity she supported. ( charity that brings ill third world children to Britain for medical treatment, unavailable in their own country.);)
@ Molly- Sorry I laughed at you! Nothing to feel foolish about!
It did look real!:)

I remember reading about that in July's issue of 'Majesty'.

I remember reading about that in July's issue of 'Majesty'.
British people sponsor( give donations) the children, to cover the cost of the operation.
Diana paid for some of these operations herself, never telling anyone.
The world only found out about this, after she died.:flowers:

British people sponsor( give donations) the children, to cover the cost of the operation.
Diana paid for some of these operations herself, never telling anyone.
The world only found out about this, after she died.:flowers:

I never knew that, however, I'm not at all surprised.

The Countess of Wessex visited Drayton Manor Theme Park to open the new hotel today.

News Link

One image is in the news report. I do love that outfit!

Sophie looked great today, here are some more pics!

The Countess of Wessex paid a visit to the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas, firstly
to open a new shelter made possible by donations from the Lions Club International and
also to take a private tour of the Arboretum, September 14, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

^^ She looks really good. Love her hair like that

Sophie looks wonderful. Is it just me, or did her hair get a little longer?

Wow this year , just win win in all Sophie's outfits :)
She looks amazing :flowers: :rose:

p.s. I hope next time we gonna see more pictures and some video footage ;)

Sophie's hair has grown a lot in the past few months and I like it a lot. It's lovely and a lot blonder than normal. (Is Sophie a natural blonde?)

I agree MagMil, Sophie's outfits so far have been excellent. I still want that blue dress of hers...

When Sophie first appeared in the 90s, her hair was a darker blonde and sometimes seemed to be a tiny bit reddish.

IMO Sophie's style and appearance has really improved in the last 6 months or so . She looks fantastic!

Oh yes, Sophie has come a long way and is really doing her role in the BRF true justice. I do love her hair a little longer. Edward must be so proud of his wife and wonderful children.

Last edited:
When Sophie first appeared in the 90s, her hair was a darker blonde and sometimes seemed to be a tiny bit reddish.

Her eyebrows are quite light and that's sometimes an indicator of natural hair colour, but I think she definitely suits being blonde. From the time she joined the family she's been blonde so I think if she were to go to her natural colour (if that is not necessarily blonde) it would be a bit of a shock! Louise is obviously very blonde, but she probably inherited that from Edward who was very blonde as a young boy. James is a brunette so perhaps Sophie is naturally darker haired. Either way, she looks good lately. She's hit her mid-life and instead of going downhill she's gone uphill! I agree Daisiesforever, Edward must be proud to be able to say, "Yeah, that's my wife."

She is looking amazing love that she recycles and all the colurs she has chosen this summer have looked just great on her

Since September 11 (and untill September 21) the Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's
Award International Foundation visits Kenya and Uganda. Today, September 17, he laid a wreath in
remembrance of the victims of the 2010 Kampala bombings in Kampala, Uganda.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** daylife **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom