Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question. The BRF website does not list any events for Sophie for the month of August. I know that is traditional within the BRF to have an extended break during the summer months, but I was wondering if the Wessex's usually spend the entire break at Balmoral or if they plan other activities during their break?

I know that during Victoria's reign, everyone had to be at Balmoral, but I do not know if that is still the requirement/tradition.

Thanks!

Amy :flowers:

She is truly a style inspiration. I like her in the neutrals, and I love her use of tailored but whimsical collars and suiting details.

I do love her gradual change from "only Edward's wife" to being surefooted to a large degree.
But what I like most of her is her good behaviour and her understated charm.

I do love her gradual change from "only Edward's wife" to being surefooted to a large degree.
But what I like most of her is her good behaviour and her understated charm.

She is a good example to those who have/ will join the Royal Family in years to come:flowers:
I have always liked Sophie ,too, for the same reasons as you.

The Wikipedia article for Sophie:
Sophie, Countess of Wessex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The article reveals that Sophie is the only member of the Royals to ride in the State Limousine with the Queen on Christmas Day.

Must be true love then .... :))

That is true love, haha. This has been common place for a number of years now, and Sophie even rides with her at Easter at times too. Sophie rides with the Queen to church at Sandringham after Christmas when they stay on in Norfolk longer. I think the particular closeness is linked to Sophie having the youngest grandchildren, therefore the Queen likes to spend time with Louise and James. I still think the image the Queen released for The Windsor Horse show of her riding with Louise and James is adorable. A lot of reporters state the closeness between Sophie and the Queen, adding to the fact that Edward is her youngest child, meaning he is probably quite close to his mother. They are the only couple who stay on after Christmas, mainly because the others have older children who want to get on with things. I would be shocked if Sophie didn't ride with the Queen to Christmas at Sandringham! I sort of hope that Catherine does not start to take this spot...I hope Sophie remains the one to ride with the Queen.

Edited to add news.

The Countess of Wessex was inspecting her regiment 5 Rifles of which she is Colonel-in-Chief today at Copehill Down, Salisbury Plain, England.

One

Last edited:
Thank you Iceflower for these photographs. I loved the touch of Sophie wearing the military uniform. I am sure her well-wishes were highly appreciated by all present.

Last edited:
Hey, she looks good in her combat gear !

That's something almost all the Royals are good at.

Thanks iceflower :flowers:
It's lovely to see Sophie wear military uniform :).She looks great.

Sophie does look great in that military uniform. I'm beginning to think she's another one of those people (like William and Catherine) who is able to make almost any attire look good. Thank you for sharing, iceflower.

Sophie does look great in that military uniform. I'm beginning to think she's another one of those people (like William and Catherine) who is able to make almost any attire look good. Thank you for sharing, iceflower.

Sophie is wearing that military gear well, isn't she? I think I agree with your statement!

Thanks for adding another image, Iceflower. Nice to see Sophie visiting her regiment, supporting them and such. :D Lovely to see.

Sophie is wearing that military gear well, isn't she? I think I agree with your statement!

Thanks for adding another image, Iceflower. Nice to see Sophie visiting her regiment, supporting them and such. :D Lovely to see.

She has truly blossomed (in my opinion) this past year. It's great seeing her looking so young and refreshed. It reflects happiness.

She really does look wonderful in her Military Uniform w/her Regiment. That must have been such a great boost in morale for them just before they leave for Afghanistan.

May they all come home safe and sound.

The Article is lovely, shame about people's idiotic comments on it. People get so worked up over certain members of the Royal Family, predominantly Edward, wearing uniform when they have not served. I wish they would get over and quit talking about it. They are members of the Royal Family, they have honourary appointments, which they have to fulfil. Who the heck cares if they are wearing the uniform yet they haven't pointed a gun at someone in a cross fire. It's only for a day! Another comment was stating why Sophie was married to someone like Edward? Um...maybe because she LOVES him? Just floating the idea!

Anywhooooo, thanks MagMil for the link. :D

Another comment was stating why Sophie was married to someone like Edward? Um...maybe because she LOVES him? Just floating the idea! /QUOTE]

I actually think that Edward and Sophie do make a good couple. They have lovely children and are good ambassadors for the British royal family. Edward is also the only one of HM's children to have had a successful marriage so far without scandal. In spite of their failed business ventures which were pursued in order to try and be self-supporting, I think this couple has done really well. Sopie is also well liked by HM and plays the part of a royal figure very well. In fact she seems to be blossoming as she matures in life.

Last edited:
Another comment was stating why Sophie was married to someone like Edward? Um...maybe because she LOVES him? Just floating the idea! /QUOTE]

I actually think that Edward and Sophie do make a good couple. They have lovely children and are good ambassadors for the British royal family. Edward is also the only one of HM's children to have had a successful marriage so far without scandal. In spite of their failed business ventures which were pursued in order to try and be self-supporting, I think this couple has done really well. Sopie is also well liked by HM and plays the part of a royal figure very well. In fact she seems to be blossoming as she matures in life.

Don't worry, I agree with you regarding their marriage and family. I was simply stating that it gets annoying reading people's comments about why on earth she is married to "someone like Prince Edward". People do not see their relationship in the same light as we do. It does get annoying to read it. People have nothing else better to do with themselves really. I am glad you agree that they are a couple who are obviously very happy together, and it is beautiful to see.

I hope Edward and Sophie are having a nice summer holiday. No doubt they took a visit to HM in Balmoral at some point! I'd love to see another image of the Queen with Louise and James. It would be very cute!

"someone like Edward"...IMO, Sophie married very well. They obviously love each other and they always look so happy. Sophie has become a real asset to the BRF and HM seems to be very fond of her.

:previous: :previous: :previous:
I just want to add that I agree with all you -Daisiesforever ,Molly2101 and kakieanne :)

They're in love and happy with two beautiful children :flowers: :rose2:

Thanks for the link MagMil. Nice that they like Sophie; their twitter account is quite an amusing read. They refer to Sophie as SexySophie, haha.

"Someone like Edward",really?They don't know him.

She is definitely my favourite royal, Daria. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom