The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Since it was a dummy I doubt it!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Let's hope no machines buzzed as she touched the sides! I love that Sophie is hands on, getting stuck in to try it all out. I wonder if the patient was aware that Royalty would be performing on her!
I wonder how it would have gone down if they were dealing with an actual patient and not a dummy. Thinking that in such a case she would probably just stood back and watched.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Since it was a dummy I doubt it!
Oh yeh, so it is! Now I feel foolish, haha. I can imagine Sophie wanting to try it on the real deal though!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I wonder how it would have gone down if they were dealing with an actual patient and not a dummy. Thinking that in such a case she would probably just stood back and watched.
Quote:
Oh yeh, so it is! Now I feel foolish, haha. I can imagine Sophie wanting to try it on the real deal though!
@ Daria- Like Princess Di did watching third world children have open heart surgery in Britain through the Chain of Hope charity she supported. ( charity that brings ill third world children to Britain for medical treatment, unavailable in their own country.)
@ Molly- Sorry I laughed at you! Nothing to feel foolish about!
It did look real!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Majesty

Quote:
@ Daria- Like Princess Di did watching third world children have open heart surgery in Britain through the Chain of Hope charity she supported. ( charity that brings ill third world children to Britain for medical treatment, unavailable in their own country.)
@ Molly- Sorry I laughed at you! Nothing to feel foolish about!
It did look real!
I remember reading about that in July's issue of 'Majesty'.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I remember reading about that in July's issue of 'Majesty'.
British people sponsor( give donations) the children, to cover the cost of the operation.
Diana paid for some of these operations herself, never telling anyone.
The world only found out about this, after she died.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Quote:
British people sponsor( give donations) the children, to cover the cost of the operation.
Diana paid for some of these operations herself, never telling anyone.
The world only found out about this, after she died.
I never knew that, however, I'm not at all surprised.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The Countess of Wessex visited Drayton Manor Theme Park to open the new hotel today.

News Link

One image is in the news report. I do love that outfit!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Countess of Wessex visited Drayton Manor Theme Park to open the new hotel today.

News Link

One image is in the news report. I do love that outfit!

Thanks Molly
Here is the image in bigger size
Old 09-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Sophie looked great today, here are some more pics!

The Countess of Wessex paid a visit to the National Memorial Arboretum at Alrewas, firstly
to open a new shelter made possible by donations from the Lions Club International and
also to take a private tour of the Arboretum, September 14, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 09-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

^^ She looks really good. Love her hair like that
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Majesty

Sophie looks wonderful. Is it just me, or did her hair get a little longer?

Old 09-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow this year , just win win in all Sophie's outfits
She looks amazing

p.s. I hope next time we gonna see more pictures and some video footage
Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie's hair has grown a lot in the past few months and I like it a lot. It's lovely and a lot blonder than normal. (Is Sophie a natural blonde?)

I agree MagMil, Sophie's outfits so far have been excellent. I still want that blue dress of hers...
Old 09-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Majesty

When Sophie first appeared in the 90s, her hair was a darker blonde and sometimes seemed to be a tiny bit reddish.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

IMO Sophie's style and appearance has really improved in the last 6 months or so . She looks fantastic!
Old 09-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Courtier

Oh yes, Sophie has come a long way and is really doing her role in the BRF true justice. I do love her hair a little longer. Edward must be so proud of his wife and wonderful children.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
When Sophie first appeared in the 90s, her hair was a darker blonde and sometimes seemed to be a tiny bit reddish.
Her eyebrows are quite light and that's sometimes an indicator of natural hair colour, but I think she definitely suits being blonde. From the time she joined the family she's been blonde so I think if she were to go to her natural colour (if that is not necessarily blonde) it would be a bit of a shock! Louise is obviously very blonde, but she probably inherited that from Edward who was very blonde as a young boy. James is a brunette so perhaps Sophie is naturally darker haired. Either way, she looks good lately. She's hit her mid-life and instead of going downhill she's gone uphill! I agree Daisiesforever, Edward must be proud to be able to say, "Yeah, that's my wife."
Old 09-15-2011, 03:46 PM
Heir Apparent

She is looking amazing love that she recycles and all the colurs she has chosen this summer have looked just great on her
Old 09-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Since September 11 (and untill September 21) the Earl of Wessex as Trustee of The Duke of Edinburgh's
Award International Foundation visits Kenya and Uganda. Today, September 17, he laid a wreath in
remembrance of the victims of the 2010 Kampala bombings in Kampala, Uganda.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** daylife **