Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I give her credit - the match of the hat w/coat is spectacular. But from some angles she appears to have lost her head. Here comes Sophie's hat!

That really a Mad Hatter topper, but I like it. I certainly prefer it over the fascinators and it matched beautifully with the fawn coat. As far as the coat, it's a nice style but I didn't care for the bulky material in front.

Last edited:
That velvet gown is absolutely gorgeous on Sophie. She does indeed look good for her age. It'd be lovely if we all had a chance to age like that.

Love it is her hair darker or is it just the photo????

I love the back of the dress, very sexy. Thanks for photo, Anna.

Love it is her hair darker or is it just the photo????
yeah, her hair looks a bit darker but I think it's just the light of the photo

This is a great photo of Sophie:flowers: I think she's been looking her best in the past year :)

Sophie is a 'forgotten' royal like so many others. Any royal out of the top 5, unless it's scandalous or baby related doesn't get a mention.

How many dresses does this woman own?! That looks like an Amanda Wakeley dress, but I could be very wrong. The cut at the front is quite low cut.... Sophie has nice curves and is obviously a very sexy woman, as we all know, so I like that she "flaunts it". Seriously, nearly 50? I would like to see her passport so she can prove this.

Just gorgeous love it ... she is really amazing agree she seems to be "forgotten " and I do not know why ... she is really IMO the best of the all.

Hi another amazing pictures of Sophie, I found by accident, where is press on those events??? If that would be Kate, they would be all over her. She looks stunning!
Haven Dinner | Charity | Tim Hardy Photographer

I quite agree, but now maybe some of you that are younger will begin to understand why Diana's effect was so polarizing. She was the "it" girl then as The Duchess of Cambridge is now. It's not fair, it's not earned, it's silly and yet there it is.

And I in no way mean to imply that I did not love Diana and don't love Kate - because I did and do. It just makes clear that goods deeds are not enough in today's pop media world.

I quite agree, but now maybe some of you that are younger will begin to understand why Diana's effect was so polarizing. She was the "it" girl then as The Duchess of Cambridge is now. It's not fair, it's not earned, it's silly and yet there it is.

And I in no way mean to imply that I did not love Diana and don't love Kate - because I did and do. It just makes clear that goods deeds are not enough in today's pop media world.

I know exactly what you mean! And because of constant articles in press about Catherine (more stupid than informative) I'm starting to have an "ick factor".
How many times can I read the same article about her hair, dressses and so on... or how perfect she is.
Now, I'm starting to appreaciate royals who work, and earn their respect... I still love Kate, I miss Diana, but for now, my IT girl is Sophie.
But still Sophie is in better position, than Princess Royal she is the hardest working royal, and doesn't get any mention in press at all....

I think the obsession with Diana was ridiculous, and I feel the same about the obsession with Catherine. It isn't fair and it's not healthy, but it's there and it's the way it will always be. I think that William will protect Catherine and their children in a way that Charles couldn't, which is good.

I do find it a shame that Sophie does not receive the press attention she deserves, but she is "only" married to the Queen's youngest son. (I say "only" as in my eyes that makes Edward a Senior Royal, but others do not agree.) Sophie is my "it" girl too, Anna right now. She makes anything she attends worth viewing and I would so love to meet her. I am hoping I will come across her in Bagshot village one day when I am visiting my friend who lives in the same village. One can only hope...

I think Sophie is a great mum and hard-working royal. She is beautiful with an amazing figure and impeccable fashion sense and its really no wonder the Queen relies so much on her and Edward when it comes to representing HM abroad.
Edward and Sophie are very well respected throughout the Commonwealth and with continental royal families and I think they will play an even bigger royal within the BRF when Charles is King.

I just think Edward and Sophie are a great married couple and Sophie is a very hard-working and glamorous member of the BRF and IMO at least, she and Edward will always have a role within the family.

I just think Edward and Sophie are a great married couple and Sophie is a very hard-working and glamorous member of the BRF and IMO at least, she and Edward will always have a role within the family.

I agree 100% and so will Anne and Andrew.

These two are excellent ambassadors for the BRF and the country. And although there is speculation, I would be amazed when Edward is created Duke of Edinburgh his brother turns round and says - we don't need you anymore.

Where is the evidence for this? It keeps on being said but I haven't read this except from journalists who I don't trust anyway.

I know it is thought that the queen made a point of highlighting the keys royals for the future at her jubilee, but again this was speculation.

If there is hard and fast evidence, where is it?

Well, no there is no "hard and fast evidence", but it's very likely to happen. The Jubilee balcony appearance was likely a subtle note for the future. For her Golden Jubilee, the entire family were there but not for the Diamond Jubilee. I would not like it to happen, but I just feel it probably will. Edward and Sophie (and Anne and Andrew) will probably still carry out engagements, but it will most probably not be on the same scale as they do now.

I totally agree that Edward and Sophie are great ambassadors for the British Royal Family, and I really hope that Charles fulfils his mother's wise to make Edward the next Duke of Edinburgh, as it can only happen upon both Elizabeth and Philip's deaths. It is widely reported that Charles and Edward do not necessarily "get along", but it would be severely disappointing to Edward if he was never created Duke of Edinburgh considering the amount of work he (and Sophie) do for it.

Last edited:
^^^^ Anne is a given and Andrew works very hard for the family but the press gives him flack.
I think Charles will find he needs his family because they don't deserve to be cast aside.

Well, no there is no "hard and fast evidence", but it's very likely to happen. The Jubilee balcony appearance was likely a subtle note for the future. For her Golden Jubilee, the entire family were there but not for the Diamond Jubilee. I would not like it to happen, but I just feel it probably will. Edward and Sophie (and Anne and Andrew) will probably still carry out engagements, but it will most probably not be on the same scale as they do now.

I totally agree that Edward and Sophie are great ambassadors for the British Royal Family, and I really hope that Charles fulfils his mother's wise to make Edward the next Duke of Edinburgh, as it can only happen upon both Elizabeth and Philip's deaths. It is widely reported that Charles and Edward do not necessarily "get along", but it would be severely disappointing to Edward if he was never created Duke of Edinburgh considering the amount of work he (and Sophie) do for it.

I think that they will continue and that they will be involved in the plan to reduce royal engagements/expectations over time the way ahead group will continue). After Andrew, Anne Sophie and Edward, there is no one to follow them from their families. So there needs to be a plan in place. Charles may not be everyone's favourite but he isn't stupid. I think he values the work they do but may not be "close" to Edward who is over 10 years younger. Not surprising really.

I will just add, Edward and Sophie are very popular in Canada and although the don't receive the headlines of some others, the couple work hard and represent the Royal Family very well
Edward and Sophie's first overseas tour was to Canada and that bond continues today.
Canada will have a few questions for King Charles if the glamorous Sophie and steadfast Edward were to never make a return visit to Canada during his reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom