The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...aign_for_Wool/

Old 07-16-2012, 08:00 PM
Gentry

have they already been on holidays the past few weeks or where are they? am i missing something?

Old 07-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Their children have just finished school for summer so I imagine they will now be taking some time out to be with their children, and most likely go on a holiday as they normally do. This will probably be after the olympics (or before).

According to the Court Circular, Edward and Sophie had engagements today:

Quote:
The Earl of Wessex

President, Creative Youth, will attend a performance of 'The Dreaming' at the Rose Theatre, 24-26 High Street, Kingston-upon-Thames, Surrey.

The Countess of Wessex

will hold a Charities Forum at Bagshot, Surrey.

The Countess of Wessex

will open the newly rennovated Lightwater Surgery, 39 All Saints Road, Lightwater, Surrey.

A nice little blog about Sophie which I came across today:

The Real Housewives of Windsor: Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Sophie really was the first "middle class" woman to marry a Royal, even more middle class that Catherine or Camilla. Catherine's parents were extremely well off and Camilla's father was a Major in the British army and she herself attending a finishing school in Switzerland. Even Sarah had a much more "posh" upbringing than Sophie. Sophie is the true "middle class" wife, and it goes to show the marriages work better as I think the "commoner" grounds the Royal. Sophie most likely grounded Edward.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Gentry

thanks for the update
yes i read about a few engagements every now and then but far less than before, so i wasn't sure..
the blog i lately found is this Sophie, Countess of Wessex
the owner sometimes has a few new pics but doesn't exactly put texts next to them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Their children have just finished school for summer so I imagine they will now be taking some time out to be with their children, and most likely go on a holiday as they normally do. This will probably be after the olympics (or before).

According to the Court Circular, Edward and Sophie had engagements today:

A nice little blog about Sophie which I came across today:

The Real Housewives of Windsor: Sophie, Countess of Wessex

Sophie really was the first "middle class" woman to marry a Royal, even more middle class that Catherine or Camilla. Catherine's parents were extremely well off and Camilla's father was a Major in the British army and she herself attending a finishing school in Switzerland. Even Sarah had a much more "posh" upbringing than Sophie. Sophie is the true "middle class" wife, and it goes to show the marriages work better as I think the "commoner" grounds the Royal. Sophie most likely grounded Edward.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Heir Apparent

All local engagements to home - not more than 10-15 miles round trips - school is definitely out!

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-17-2012, 06:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2012 View Post
have they already been on holidays the past few weeks or where are they? am i missing something?

I think they was on vacation, because till today both of them don't have any official events previous 12 days , but sure they will go in August in Scotland with the rest of the RF
Old 07-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

English schools only finished for summer On Friday 13th, so I doubt they took Louise out of school to go on holiday. They were maybe relaxing. I hope they go to Scotland, but we never see images of those holidays anymore sadly. There are plenty of when Sophie was not married to Edward and he was teaching her to winds surf etc. Now we do not see any, which is fine as the family deserves privacy.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101
English schools only finished for summer On Friday 13th, so I doubt they took Louise out of school to go on holiday. They were maybe relaxing. I hope they go to Scotland, but we never see images of those holidays anymore sadly. There are plenty of when Sophie was not married to Edward and he was teaching her to winds surf etc. Now we do not see any, which is fine as the family deserves privacy.
Private ( fee paying schools ) finished first week of July . State schools finish this week or next ....... Posh people pay for less time in school .
Old 07-18-2012, 04:22 AM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex at the International Youth Arts Festival Gala performance of 'The Dreaming' at the Rose Theatre,
Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey on July 17, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **
Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the images iceflower. I love Edward's ties, they are always a bit different.

Tudur Rose, I was not aware that private schools finished earlier. Thank you for that information. :)
Old 07-24-2012, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Countess of Wessex today opened Bradford wool board headquarters. Sophie was wear a beautiful red dress

pic
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u..._headquarters/
Old 07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
Majesty

Sophie looks sensational in red (or any other strong jewel tones).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Countess of Wessex today opened Bradford wool board headquarters. Sophie was wear a beautiful red dress

pic
http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u..._headquarters/

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.u...sex_s_support/
Old 07-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

she look vey nice. I really look her hair
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 07-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Article in SvenskDam about Sophie,Lady Louise and Viscount Severn (James)

pic1 ** pic2 ** pic3
Sophie och barnen välkomnade också OS-facklan | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Old 07-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Cute images, thanks Mag. Nice to see them mentioned in another country's magazine.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:52 AM
Majesty

Mag, thank you for sharing the article and the lovely images. Lovely to see the Wessex family in another country's press.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Aristocracy

The Countess of Wessex attends the Dressage Grand Prix on Day 6 of London 2012 together with James and Louise:

Family Wessex at Dressage Grand Prix « Happy and Glorious!
Old 08-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Lady Louise and James look absolutely adorable.
Sophie looks like she's really enjoying the game - and certainly more exited than the kids.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukroyalist View Post
The Countess of Wessex attends the Dressage Grand Prix on Day 6 of London 2012 together with James and Louise:

Family Wessex at Dressage Grand Prix « Happy and Glorious!

Thanks
They looks so lovely
The kids with the sunglasses are just adorable So cute family are they
Finally our waiting to see at Olympics has paid off