Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Molly2101 said:
Yep, and I read that they need them for reading/tv. Perhaps they were contacts in public. Sophie does look cute in glasses!

I agree with you, Sophie does look nice in glasses!

Sophie looks lovely in glasses. She has that Librarian look about her, haha. In the background of some of the images you can see little James looking out the window. No doubt he's thinking, "who the heck are all these people at Granny's?!"

It took me a while to see the said glasses. I guess she has the really thin frames that cannot be seen unless one is really close to the person. I think glasses suit the Countess.

we can see the wessex's christmas card this year?

:previous: I never knew the Wessex family had a Christmas card! You learn something new everyday here! ;)

They send one every year, though I have only ever seen a few of them. They are rarely made public.

This is their card from 2010. I like that Sophie writes the girls' names and Edward does the boys!

They send one every year, though I have only ever seen a few of them. They are rarely made public.

This is their card from 2010. I like that Sophie writes the girls' names and Edward does the boys!

Thanks for this! :flowers:

I wonder when Louise and James will start writing their names in the card themselves?

Last edited:

That's too sweet!:wub:

we see many tmes the christmas card from the wessexes, I remember one with the little louise but I really miss a family official photo. we never see a family photo official, I right?

we see many tmes the christmas card from the wessexes, I remember one with the little louise but I really miss a family official photo. we never see a family photo official, I right?

Yes, you're right. It's a shame; i remember that decades ago the Kents and Gloucesters would frequently release family photos when their children were growing up, and of course the Wales (with Diana) did too; don't remember much about the Yorks. I'd love to see a complete formal Wessex family photo; i thought they might with their 10th wedding anniversary, but they just had those imformal shots at the Windsor Horse show.

Yes, you're right. It's a shame; i remember that decades ago the Kents and Gloucesters would frequently release family photos when their children were growing up, and of course the Wales (with Diana) did too; don't remember much about the Yorks. I'd love to see a complete formal Wessex family photo; i thought they might with their 10th wedding anniversary, but they just had those imformal shots at the Windsor Horse show.
oh, the yorks have many formal's family photos.

The royal family don't do the official photos as they used to for some reason. The Queen & Prince Philip and the family used to do a lot of official photos. The Waleses released a lot, as well as the Yorks, Kents and Gloucesters.

I guess to satisfy the press, the Cambridges will start releasing family photos after the baby get here.

I don't think we will ever see an official family portrait of the Wessex's. There have been opportunities (James' Christening, which we saw without Louise and their 10th anniversary, which we only saw informal photos), but we know they are a very private family. Edward has never wanted to exploit his family, as he has always resented the media. He once said he did not want to be a performing puppet, doing as they say and pleasing them. I think Sophie would probably allow a photograph now, whereas a number of years ago she would not, but of course it would be a joint decision and if one doesn't want it then the other will not. Sophie and Edward have been more relaxed in bringing their children places now (the Olympic Torch relay, the Olympics/Paralympics, Easter, Christmas etc.)

The Wessex children were born in a time when the Royal family were not in their highest popularity. During the 80's and 90's the public adored the family, and loved any opportunity to see the young grandchildren of the Queen. By the time Louise and James came, people did not know who Edward was, nor his children - this is exactly how Edward likes it.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse, Berkshire 21/12/12

Sophie + Edward + Sophie + Edward + Sophie + Edward + Sophie

Beautiful smiles from Sophie as always. I have one question, where is her coat? It's cold today!

Last edited:
The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Christmas Meeting at Ascot Racecourse, Berkshire 21/12/12

+ Sophie ++ Sophie

Beautiful smiles from Sophie as always. I have one question, where is her coat? It's cold today!
I love all the pics, of Sophie whose smile lights up a room! These 2 are the best! Thanks for sharing!

Sophie + Edward + Sophie + Edward + Sophie + Edward + Sophie

:previous:
Thanks for sharing :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Wessex always ROCKS ;) :flowers:

I love that Louise and James went too. Some more cute images:

Lady Louise + Viscount Severn + Lady Louise + Edward and Sophie

I love James' coat. I also have a feeling the coat Louise has on will definitely be worn to the Christmas service.

Speaking of Louise's coat: A coat that really lasts the ages: Sophie's daughter Lady Louise wears timeless regal garment that's been worn by every female Royal since a very young Queen

Rexfeatures have some adorable images of James, but I am not registered so I cannot access them. There is one of him and Lady Louise and James has his hands around his mouth and is obviously cheering a horse one. So cute. Sophie's brother and sister-in-law were there, as well as her father. I wish I was a member on Rexfeatures!

Last edited:

I love James' coat. I also have a feeling the coat Louise has on will definitely be worn to the Christmas service.

Speaking of Louise's coat: A coat that really lasts the ages: Sophie's daughter Lady Louise wears timeless regal garment that's been worn by every female Royal since a very young Queen

Rexfeatures have some adorable images of James, but I am not registered so I cannot access them. There is one of him and Lady Louise and James has his hands around his mouth and is obviously cheering a horse one. So cute.
:previous:
ADORABLE :heart1:
thanks Molly :flowers::flowers::flowers: for new pictures, awww James such a amazing little dude is he, and for Louise I don't have words ... :)
Beautiful family, hope to see some more and more pictures and more events of this cute family:flowers:

There's an image of James smiling really widely and he looks like he is holding onto a wooden handle and he looks ADORABLE.

Is anyone a member of RexFeatures?

Thanks Mag! James is so adorable and I think he is such a physical mixture of his parents. I love his vest and I LOVE his coat. I love little boys in smart coats, it looks so presentable. I hope he goes to Christmas this year, as I feel that is definitely a coat suitable to walk to Church in! (Wishful thinking, but I do think he will go as he has been out and about a lot this year.)

Rexfeatures have some adorable images of James, but I am not registered so I cannot access them. There is one of him and Lady Louise and James has his hands around his mouth and is obviously cheering a horse one. So cute. Sophie's brother and sister-in-law were there, as well as her father. I wish I was a member on Rexfeatures!

They both looked like they were having fun, thank you for the pictures. :)

Last edited:
What beautiful children; they're growing so quickly and Louise is so much a dead ringer for her grandmother, HM, at that age. Some strong genes in that family!

Last edited:
Pictures:
The Wessex Family at Royal Ascot:
MYROYALS - HOLLYWOOD FASH

It's good to see the family out together. They seem to enjoy having their nanny accompany them everywhere.

I don't know why people was making a big deal out of the idea of the Cambridges having a nanny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom