Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some more images are available of Edward and Sophie in Canada. This time there are images of their visit to Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, where they were presented with little birch canoes for Louise and James.

Royal visit

It would seem that Edward and Sophie are having another little trip abroad this year. (Of course it's not a trip, it's official duties!)

19th November 2012

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

to 21st November will visit Malta.

Last edited:
Some more images are available of Edward and Sophie in Canada. This time there are images of their visit to Sainte-Marie among the Hurons, where they were presented with little birch canoes for Louise and James.

Royal visit

It would seem that Edward and Sophie are having another little trip abroad this year. (Of course it's not a trip, it's official duties!)

Thank you for the pictures and the heads-up about the visit to Malta next month. As usual, looking forward to seeing this couple in action.

The Countess of Wessex opened accommodation for families whose babies are being cared for in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at St Michael's Hospital. Quite an apt choice for Sophie to go as she could relate to the families. I wonder if the hospital write to the Palace and then they choose who would be appropriate to attend the engagement. Is that how it works?

Article and images

I am really liking Sophie's longer hair, particularly as her ponytail is so cute!

I agree I too love her hair longer wish the image was a little better but wonder if she is wearing the black/white dress with the paneling down the side???

It does not appear to the black and white dress with the white panelling down the side as in the other images it looks all white. I have to say, I am not a fan of the jacket. I prefer blazer's personally. Her longer hair looks thicker than it was. Sophie always looked like she has quite fine hair, but her pony tail looks quite thick. Perhaps it is not all her hair...?

The Countess of Wessex opened accommodation for families whose babies are being cared for in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) at St Michael's Hospital. Quite an apt choice for Sophie to go as she could relate to the families. I wonder if the hospital write to the Palace and then they choose who would be appropriate to attend the engagement. Is that how it works?

Article and images

I am really liking Sophie's longer hair, particularly as her ponytail is so cute!
Never get tired of Sophie sharing her sunshine with people/kids.
The pics are simply precious!!:wub:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...20255874673758&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
Great pic and wonderful news! Sophie will be a wonderful Patron- bringing sunshine to kids who need it!

Last edited:
She looks great and happy!

Oh yes she looks perfectly happy and at ease !!!

It's my understanding that an organization can ask for a specific member of the Royal Family. If that person isn't available or thinks that the engagement would fit better within another person's realm of interests, another member could be sent instead depending on availability. Ultimately, though, they're all representing the Queen.

. I wonder if the hospital write to the Palace and then they choose who would be appropriate to attend the engagement. Is that how it works?

MagMil said:

Lovely shot. She has a beautiful smile.

roseroyal said:
Never get tired of Sophie sharing her sunshine with people/kids.
The pics are simply precious!!:wub:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=478407308858611&set=a.165830473449631.34873.120255874673758&type=1&relevant_count=1&ref=nf
Great pic and wonderful news! Sophie will be a wonderful Patron- bringing sunshine to kids who need it!

I love the pictures! Sophie chooses great patron ages, and the people are lucky to have her.

The Countess of Wessex is a credit to the Royal Family!

Prince Edward and his lovely wife Sophie are my very favourites in the Royal Family.
Their children are gorgeous , natural and enchanting and the couple seems to be in tune.
As for Sophie, she is indeed a beautiful woman, charming and with such a radiant smile she is definitively a plus for the Royal Family.

Two videos from their private tour in Canada :)

Thanks MagMil. I notice the first video calls them "Prince Edward and Sophie Rhys Jones" - then follows with "The Earl and Countess of Wessex." And clearly, no offense is intended though the continued use of maiden names drives a lot of us wild. Nice videos.

Last edited:
I will never get tird of seeing Sophie with children. She's got a natural way with them.

Lovely images, particularly the image of Sophie getting the children to help her unveil the plaque. Very sweet!

Prince Edward and the Countess of Wessex's visit to Nunavut was their first visit to that territory. They got quite a lot of attention in the small capital.

Sophie looked lovely in that rich shade of tomato red. The black jacket and shoes were the perfect contrast. I just loved the pony tail. A very simple yet elegant look. Edward and Sophie are a wonderful and complimentary couple.

Last edited:
It's always a pleasure to see Sophie on duty, always so committed and content! She looks much slender these days. The photos with the children are precious! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom