Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not know this...
"In contrast to official visits, where a member of the royal family receives a formal invitation from the Prime Minister, a working visit is arranged privately with the Queen’s representatives in Canada. While an official visit involves a royal presence at state ceremonies or celebrations, the focus of a working visit is engagement with the organizations that have a personal relationship with the members of the royal family in Canada" (The Itinerary for the Earl and Countess of Wessex in Canada: September 11-18, 2012 | Carolyn Harris: Royal Historian).

So that makes more sense for this trip to happen at the same time as the Cambridge's go East.

Cities on the visit: Ottawa, Iqaluit, Trenton, Toronto, Hamilton, St. Catharines, North Simco, Midland, Penetanguishene. I can't wait to find out how that last is correctly pronounced.
Bon Voyage to the Wessexes. I hope they Skype the children frequently!

Thanks Mag. I wonder how much coverage their work will get, as it seems a lot of Canadia news agencies are reporting of their visit. I hope we see some images or news clips. The Canadians tend to love the Royal Family, so here's hoping! :D

Edward has been to Canadia 33 times? Woah.

I do hope there will be at least alittle coverage of the Wessex's working visit.

I love Sophie's dress and shoes, she looks lovely. Thanks for image link Mag.

Yes, thanks for the photos.

Welcome to Canada to TRH. I hopefully will get out to see Sophie as she's will be in my home town of St. Catharines, Ontario. I missed them the last time they were in Canada.

Thanks for the photos! Does anyone know this designer? The print looks like might be from same the designer Princess Eugenie wore to present medals at the Parolympics - Peter Piloto: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/07/article-0-14E02FBF000005DC-219_634x1199.jpg

Sophie looks GREAT in red. Red and navy are two colours that suit her so well. Thanks for the image links everyone, I am glad we are seeing some images of this visit to Canada. Hope we see some video clips too at some point.

Kelly, I hope you get to see Sophie in real life when she is in Canada, that would be something great. I would be a BIT jealous, haha.

Sophie visited Canadian War Museum 12/9/12.

Images can be seen here. It also says there is a video but I cannot see one, perhaps it is only available in Canada.

Last edited:
Thank you for the videos and pictures! I love that their visit is getting some coverage. Sophie's looking great in red, by the way.

Sophie looks so beautiful in that red dress, it's great. Thanks for the videos Mag, it is great the their trip is receiving coverage. Although some of their engagements are in private, and they state that public and press are not invited, it is great that local newspapers are covering it.

An image gallery of Edward and Sophie laying a wreath in Ottawa, 12.9.12. Another new dress for Sophie for this engagement.

Richard Lawrence Photography - Wessex

I am loving her black shoes, they are beautiful. I need them in my life right now.

Two images I love from this engagement:

Image 1 + Image 2

Last edited:
Sophie looks so beautiful in that red dress, it's great. Thanks for the videos Mag, it is great the their trip is receiving coverage. Although some of their engagements are in private, and they state that public and press are not invited, it is great that local newspapers are covering it.

An image gallery of Edward and Sophie laying a wreath in Ottawa, 12.9.12. Another new dress for Sophie for this engagement.

Richard Lawrence Photography - Wessex

I am loving her black shoes, they are beautiful. I need them in my life right now.

Two images I love from this engagement:

Image 1 + Image 2

:previous:
Thanks Molly :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Huge and beautiful gallery :)

Both, Edward and Sophie look great.Sophie's dress is gorgeous and for shoes... no words:) ;)
LOVELY :flowers:

Great shots Molly. Love those heels! To die for!

Thanks for the image links, :)

Little article about their time in Iqaluit.

Royal visitors light up Iqaluit’s Anglican Parish Hall during Sept. 13 feast

"A light-hearted moment capped the night off: Towtongie presented the couple with a carving of an Inuit hunter, but when Sophie ran her hands over the large soapstone carving, she displaced a miniature spear and thought she broke the piece of art.

That prompted Price Edward to say “it wasn’t me!” ".

It's things like that I wish were captured on video!

A facebook gallery of Edward and Sophie's visit to Iqaluit. Am I the only one who loves Sophie's hair in a ponytail?

One + Two + Three

Gallery

I love all the children sitting in front of them, it looks very relaxed and casual. Edward even took his tie off!

A facebook gallery of Edward and Sophie's visit to Iqaluit. Am I the only one who loves Sophie's hair in a ponytail?

One + Two + Three

Gallery

I love all the children sitting in front of them, it looks very relaxed and casual. Edward even took his tie off!

no youre not alone :)
and i laughed at the idea of being suddenly casual by simply taking your tie off haha

One + Two + Three

Gallery

:previous:
Thanks Molly :flowers::flowers::flowers:
Great gallery and this is second time Sophie to wear a ponytail lately :)
Both look great and they clearly have good time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom