The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
THE EARl and Countess of Wessex also went to the Diamond Jubliee horse Pageant at Windsor with Lady Louise.

http://royaldish.com/index.php?topic...4366;topicseen[/URL]
A bit odd. You have linked to another Messageboard - no Earl and Countess of Wessex with Lady Louise. Is it a mistake?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
A bit odd. You have linked to another Messageboard - no Earl and Countess of Wessex with Lady Louise. Is it a mistake? Or.....poaching posters?
I'm having the same issue as you. This link was posted on another thread as well, and even though some pictures pop up, none of them are of the Earl, Countess or their daughter.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I'm having the same issue as you. This link was posted on another thread as well, and even though some pictures pop up, none of them are of the Earl, Countess or their daughter.
I have not seen the link but if you did abit of search on the site of AP Images, there were about 3 photos, including one of Lady Louise walking with the Earl, and little bit glimpse of Sophie at the back, of course beautifully as usual with her updo hair.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
I have not seen the link but if you did abit of search on the site of AP Images, there were about 3 photos, including one of Lady Louise walking with the Earl, and little bit glimpse of Sophie at the back, of course beautifully as usual with her updo hair.
oh the link works as well, i just found out.. you just have to go to "britain" and then "diamond jubilee" has an extra subthread right on top. very nice!
Old 05-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex has presented medals to the Second battalion the Rifles, at a medal ceremony at their homebase
at Ballykinler in Co Down, after their tour of Afghanistan, May 15, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** herald.ie: Battle-scarred battalion back home **
Old 05-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Nobility

Sorry about the mess-up with the links, but i was having trouble, it was a total mistake on my part; i'm glad some of you found the pics of Earl and Countess with Louise at the horse Pageant.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine2012 View Post
oh the link works as well, i just found out.. you just have to go to "britain" and then "diamond jubilee" has an extra subthread right on top. very nice!
Thanks for that. I had no clue where to look when I first clicked on the link that was provided.

Anyway, Louise looks lovely in the tartan coat. I believe it's the same one she wore on Christmas Day at Sandringham. I can only imagine how much she enjoyed herself, since she appears to enjoy being around horses as well as riding them. It's also lovely that she's feeling better after her fall several weeks back.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

wow! at last we can see louise after the horse's accident! she really look very nice. I cant wait for a family group photo for the jubilee. why we don't see james?
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 05-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
wow! at last we can see louise after the horse's accident! she really look very nice. I cant wait for a family group photo for the jubilee. why we don't see james?
i'd say because he is too young to sit still the whole evening. if you look at the horse show pictures, you see he's always moving
Old 05-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by corazon View Post
I think that we don't see James because he's too young to be asked to sit through something that is this long (even though from the short video someone shared, it looked like it was a really fun and engaging program). Louise is eight and a half years old, and therefore, has a better understanding of what a royal engagement is and how to behave during one. Perhaps we'll see more of James when he gets to be closer to his sister's age.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that it is is probably to do with James' age, and from the images from the Horse Show he can't even sit through that! What a dude. Last year when Sophie was attending an engagement a fan of the family said that soon James would be attending Trooping the Colour and Sophie, and the man behind her, both winced! I reckon James is perhaps a bit of a trouble maker/typical little boy who loves to run around and does not enjoy sitting still. Little boys are a lot different than little girls, I have to say. Louise attended Peter's wedding when she was 4 1/2, she was obviously able to sit through the ceremony, but she is a little girl who was probably fascinated by the lights and pretty dresses, and the story of "We got married her too". I often wondered why Louise attended that wedding at the age of 4, yet James does not even attend Easter, but after thinking about it, he is a boy who would want to run around.

I DO have hopes that James will make an appearance on the balcony this year, as Louise did that when she was 5 1/2. It's not every year your grandmother celebrates 60 years as a Monarch, and these celebrations will likely not happen again for a long time. I hope we do see the four of them on the balcony, it would be so cute.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
I agree that it is is probably to do with James' age, and from the images from the Horse Show he can't even sit through that! What a dude. Last year when Sophie was attending an engagement a fan of the family said that soon James would be attending Trooping the Colour and Sophie, and the man behind her, both winced! I reckon James is perhaps a bit of a trouble maker/typical little boy who loves to run around and does not enjoy sitting still. Little boys are a lot different than little girls, I have to say. Louise attended Peter's wedding when she was 4 1/2, she was obviously able to sit through the ceremony, but she is a little girl who was probably fascinated by the lights and pretty dresses, and the story of "We got married her too". I often wondered why Louise attended that wedding at the age of 4, yet James does not even attend Easter, but after thinking about it, he is a boy who would want to run around.

I DO have hopes that James will make an appearance on the balcony this year, as Louise did that when she was 5 1/2. It's not every year your grandmother celebrates 60 years as a Monarch, and these celebrations will likely not happen again for a long time. I hope we do see the four of them on the balcony, it would be so cute.

Agree
I'm crossing fingers and hoping that they would let him to be seen on the balcony
Old 05-16-2012, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

There are a few more images of Edward, Sophie and Louise attending the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on 11.5.12. Apparently the pageant is being shown on ITV next month. I like that the members of the family arrive by carriage into the arena, how regal.

E.S. Photography
Old 05-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

Did James attend the Royal Windsor Horse Show this year? I remember seeing pictures of him last year at the event, but not this time around. I think the disposition of a child has a lot to do with his/her ability to sit through something. Louise strikes me as a child who can be coaxed into paying attention, but who will also let her energy out at the first possible opportunity. For instance, at last year's wedding, she was all proper during the ceremony, but then on the balcony, she was basically ready to jump out of her skin (not in a way that was inappropriate, but she was definitely more active). She's aware of her surroundings and can judge when she can let loose, so to speak. James may be a very active little boy, and therefore, may require breaks during something that lasts for longer than twenty minutes and has him sitting still. If he couldn't sit through the horse show, that may be the reason why. He needed a bit of a breather. We don't know how these children react to things like noise and big crowds, but those factors have a lot to do with children's behavior.

Like you, I hope to see James on the balcony this year. It would be a treat for him, and maybe the fact that they'll be watching a parade will keep him very, very engaged.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

TheSpec - Rileys get royal treatment for 150th anniversary

The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry will mark its 150th anniversary with a royal visit.

Prince Edward, the Queen’s youngest son and seventh in line to the throne, will visit the regiment Sept. 15 as part of what is believed to be a 10-day tour of Canada with his wife Sophie, the Countess of Wessex.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

^^^^
So Canada is to have visits this year by the Prince of Wales with the Duchess of Cornwall and also by the Earl & Countess of Wessex.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
TheSpec - Rileys get royal treatment for 150th anniversary

The Royal Hamilton Light Infantry will mark its 150th anniversary with a royal visit.

Prince Edward, the Queen’s youngest son and seventh in line to the throne, will visit the regiment Sept. 15 as part of what is believed to be a 10-day tour of Canada with his wife Sophie, the Countess of Wessex.
Oh, this is fabulous! Another royal tour to look forward to .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
^^^^
So Canada is to have visits this year by the Prince of Wales with the Duchess of Cornwall and also by the Earl & Countess of Wessex.
Very exciting for Canada. Your country has been getting quite a few royal visits in the past two years, it would seem .

Old 05-18-2012, 02:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, rarely does a year go by when some member of the family is not visiting although some visits are rather low profile. Edward is here pretty regularly usually in connection with the DoE awards. Andrew comes either for a military connection or in relation to Lakefield College where he was at school.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

OMG OMG I'm so so so soooo happy
SvenskDAM have a article of Sophie at Windsor Horse Show last week with Louise and James
I adore this children, they are so cute James is sweet mummy's boy and Louise... She is so active and truly horse lover, like her granny.I like it very much pic of Louise riding wooden horse and wearing sunglasses .Sophie looks so happy and relax

pic1 James has Sophie's smile
pic2 pic3 pic4

Sophie hade heldag med Louise och James | Svensk Damtidning *** translation
Old 05-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Heir Apparent

It's so nice to see little James; it's rare that we get to see him. Both he and Louise are just adorable; I love her in her sunglasses and hat riding the carousel and eating ice cream. Thanks for posting, MagMil.