Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been posted, but I found this on my twitter:

Royal Insight ‏@Royalinsight
Earl and Countess of Wessex to visit Canada from 11 to 18 September 2012

Another tour to look forward to and follow :D.

This tour will be vastly overshadowed as it will be taking place at the same time as a certain couple are doing their Jubilee tour of Malaysia, Singapore, Tuvalu and The Solomon Islands.

This tour will be vastly overshadowed as it will be taking place at the same time as a certain couple are doing their Jubilee tour of Malaysia, Singapore, Tuvalu and The Solomon Islands.

As much as I love the Cambridges, I do wish that in this case, the Wessexes got their due. They do a lot of work for the Crown, and it would great if their Canadian visit would receive decent international coverage (I know here in the States such won't happen, but I think the countries that are part of the Commonwealth should be able to get sufficient coverage of this visit). However, I do understand that the Cambridges sell papers, and are vastly popular, so the higher-ups would want to play that to their advantage.

Even when the Edward has actually visited Australia he doesn't get coverage so getting coverage for a tour anywhere else won't be happening.

William and Kate will get round the clock coverage on the world stage and everyone else will be lucky to get a line somewhere - even The Queen won't get any coverage of day to day duties while they are on this tour so Edward and Sophie will be lucky to get any coverage in the places they visit in Canada - sadly.

Even when the Edward has actually visited Australia he doesn't get coverage so getting coverage for a tour anywhere else won't be happening.

William and Kate will get round the clock coverage on the world stage and everyone else will be lucky to get a line somewhere - even The Queen won't get any coverage of day to day duties while they are on this tour so Edward and Sophie will be lucky to get any coverage in the places they visit in Canada - sadly.

yes, probably not in european big newspapers but in canadian local ones for sure- so i'm looking forward to those articles =)

has any tour infomation been released on the proposed Canadian tour? it seems odd that they would randomly schedule 2 tours simultaneously. We all know the palace does not do anything randomly.

Which makes me think either
a - there is a deliberate reason why there needs to be a representative of the crown in Canada at that time or

b - by having 2 tours going on at the same time, it will split the press pool and diffuse some of the mania of the Cambridges. Perhaps some of these smaller islands, can't handle all of the press credentials that have been requested to be travelling. When the Cambridges went to Canada last year, they said it was the most press credentials that had been requested in a long time.

There is a video about the choir of St George's Chapel, Windsor, which Sophie herself has narrated. It is a recent video, however I am unsure of the exact dates. It is lovely to watch and great to hear Sophie narrating. I don't think I have ever heard her talk so much, and her voice is quite eloquent.

Included in the video is Edward attending a concert and meeting a young member of the choir.

There is a video about the choir of St George's Chapel, Windsor, which Sophie herself has narrated. It is a recent video, however I am unsure of the exact dates. It is lovely to watch and great to hear Sophie narrating. I don't think I have ever heard her talk so much, and her voice is quite eloquent.

Included in the video is Edward attending a concert and meeting a young member of the choir.

do you know where we could find it?:)

Whoops, sorry I COMPLETELY forgot to provide the link. Sorry! I am very tired this evening, had a very long day at work.

oh thank you and nevermind for not posting it in first place;) thank you for bringing my attention to it! she sounds a bit different though than in interviews but the video was quite informative and nice to see. however, i used to believe that students attending st george's are basically registered at the office when they are born or sth and so i didnt expect them to film videos trying to attract students:)

Its really nice to see Lady Louise out and about more, I love this little lady!

Great to see Louise enjoying some Paralympic excitement with her Mum and cousins :D.

I look forward to their tour of Canada, though it does bother me that it is at the same time as William and Catherine's Jubilee tour. Naturally the Cambridges' will receive all the press attention, which is a real shame for Edward and Sophie Though I sure the Canadia press will have some images of the couple doing their bit.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Paralympic Ball at Grosvenour House on 5/9/12.

Edward and Sophie + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5

Sophie + 2

Iceflower has just posted more pictures in the Paralympic Thread.

I can't believe this is the first of heard of this :bang:. So much for the media here in Canada. I wonder if any of the TRH engagements will be open to the public? It's exciting that the Countess will be in my hometown presenting our Lincoln and Welland Regiment with their colours. I'd love to be able to see her. Sophie and Edward are a real asset to the royal family. I think they're a lovely couple.

I can't believe this is the first of heard of this :bang:. So much for the media here in Canada. I wonder if any of the TRH engagements will be open to the public? It's exciting that the Countess will be in my hometown presenting our Lincoln and Welland Regiment with their colours. I'd love to be able to see her. Sophie and Edward are a real asset to the royal family. I think they're a lovely couple.
There's a fairly useful "Search Future Engagements" feature on the Official Website of the British Monarchy that you might want to bookmark and browse through occasionally:
Search future engagements

Ignore the map, and just highlight the BRF member and time period that you are interested in. :)

Thanks for the article, Mag! Lovely to see Sophie recognised in other countries. Hello! magazine for the UK had a small article on their website about the Paralympic Ball, saying that they will have behind-the-scenes information in their next issue, as well as an interview with Sophie herself. I look forward to this issue, and as I am a regular buyer of this magazine I will certainly be getting my next issue on 10th September. :D

I think the CBC should show some highlights of the Wesses's working visit to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom