Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the video, Mag :flowers:. I love the enthusiastic waving of the Union Jacks by the kids. They must have been over the moon about that day. How exciting and special.

The Earl of Wessex and Prime Minister David Cameron were guests of honour at the Armed Forces Day celebrations in Plymouth yesterday, June 30, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** thisisdevon.co.uk: PICTURES and VIDEO: Armed Forces Day 2012 draws thousands to Plymouth **

** telegraph.co.uk: Thousands gather to mark country's largest ever Armed Forces Day **

** thisisplymouth.co.uk: Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, visits Plymouth Guildhall as Armed Forces Day begins **

And the Countess of Wessex as Patron of Queen Alexandra's Royal Army Nursing Corps attended the Armed Forces Day Medal
Parade at Exhibition Park and a lunch at the Officers' Mess in Newcastle upon Tyne - also yesterday:

** itv.com pics and video: Armed Forces Day in the North East **

** demotix.com gallery: Countess of Wessex at Diamond Jubilee medals ceremony **

i love the picture of Sophie with the balloon. She appears to be very excited about getting it (her expression is one of childlike wonder) :D.

Just a little correction - the visit did not take place on July 1st, but already on June 19th :flowers:

** Pic ** alderleyedge.com: HRH Countess of Wessex makes a flying visit **

Yesterday, July 1, the Earl of Wessex as Honorary Air Commodore of Royal Airforce Waddington attended the
Air Show at Royal Airforce Waddington, Lincoln, Lincolnshire.

** Pic ** thelincolnite.co.uk: In pictures: Prince Edward at Waddington Airshow 2012 **

And today, July 2, the Countess of Wessex attended the opening of the Royal Horticultural Society Flower Show at
Hampton Court Palace, East Molesey, Surrey.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

Last edited:
Last edited:
Lovely article from the Telegraph about Sophie. They are singing the Wessex's praises recently and I quite like it. It is great for their publicity and helps people realise the hard work they both do and they aren't just "scrounging off the country". I think it is lovely that they always highlight Sophie's relationship with the Queen and how she gets on particularly well with her mother-in-law. I often wonder what Sophie calls her in private. Elizabeth?

Lovely photos of Sophie at Hampton Court, I do like her dress but I am not a fan of her shoes. Her hair looks lovely too.

Nice pics of Sophie at the flower show. The back of her coat is quite interesting...

The video of Sophie with the children is so cute, I love her playing with the dolls and making them dance. Adorable.

We'll fight them on the benches! Couple win an apology from Prince Edward after they are turfed out of seat for the PM | Mail Online

After arriving early to bag themselves a prime spot to view the Armed Forces Day celebrations, Peter and Margaret Cox had no intention of moving anywhere.
Not even for the Prime Minister.
So when they were ordered by officials to move off their bench, which had an uninterrupted sea view of an imminent ‘steam-past’ by HMS Argyll involving their grandson, the pensioners were more than ready to put up a fight.

Here's a great additional gallery of Sophie's visit to the Wittering Primary School on July 3:

** peterboroughtoday.co.uk: GALLERY: Countess of Wessex visits Wittering Primary School 03/07/12 **

And today, July 5, the Earl and Countess of Wessex officially opened the Diamond Jubilee Walk on Bexhill's seafront
and named the RNLI's new lifeboat in Eastbourne.

** aspectsphotography.photoshelter.com gallery: Earl & Countess of Wessex at Bexhill **

** BBC: Eastbourne lifeboat named by Earl and Countess of Wessex **

** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Royals name lifeboat at harbour **

Here's a great additional gallery of Sophie's visit to the Wittering Primary School on July 3:

** peterboroughtoday.co.uk: GALLERY: Countess of Wessex visits Wittering Primary School 03/07/12 **

And today, July 5, the Earl and Countess of Wessex officially opened the Diamond Jubilee Walk on Bexhill's seafront
and named the RNLI's new lifeboat in Eastbourne.

** aspectsphotography.photoshelter.com gallery: Earl & Countess of Wessex at Bexhill **

** BBC: Eastbourne lifeboat named by Earl and Countess of Wessex **

** eastbourneherald.co.uk: Royals name lifeboat at harbour **

:previous:
Thanks so much, iceflower :flowers:

Amazing articles and pictures
Again they prove how wonderful are with children:flowers:

Thank you for all the links to articles and images. The images from Aspects Photography of Edward and Sophie are beautiful, particularly the first black and white image. The dress looks lovely on Sophie, she looked beautiful.

Another article with images, this time from Edward and Sophie's visit to Rotherfield in Sussex on 4th July 2012. Quite an amusing quote from Sophie, ever the joker.

"
There was a light-hearted moment when the Countess compared sitting down for a few minutes at each table with speed dating.
She asked her husband if he had received any offers yet and said he had more chance than she did."

I wish there was a video of that.

Streets are full for Sophie and Edward

Thank you for all the links to articles and images. The images from Aspects Photography of Edward and Sophie are beautiful, particularly the first black and white image. The dress looks lovely on Sophie, she looked beautiful.

Another article with images, this time from Edward and Sophie's visit to Rotherfield in Sussex on 4th July 2012. Quite an amusing quote from Sophie, ever the joker.

"
There was a light-hearted moment when the Countess compared sitting down for a few minutes at each table with speed dating.
She asked her husband if he had received any offers yet and said he had more chance than she did."

I wish there was a video of that.

Streets are full for Sophie and Edward

:previous:
_Thanks Molly :flowers:
Here is another
My Brighton and Hove | Topics | City insights | Diamond Jubilee Royal visit to Brighton and Hove just click on the picture and you can see in bigger size, here is one of the evening events, Sophie looks really lovely :flowers::flowers::flowers:

When I was in England in 2008 I had a chance to tour the Royal Pavilion. What a fantastic piece of English history! I do 18th century reenacting and it wasn't hard for me to imagine how wonderful the Pavilion must have looked in it's prime. A fantastic location for a party.

Gorgeous evening gown I really like the colour on her and wonder what the neckalce is though.

Gorgeous evening gown I really like the colour on her and wonder what the neckalce is though.

Bertie, I may be mistaken, but it looks like the large stone necklace she wore to the fashion show a few weeks ago. I believe some posters thought it might be peridot.

Maybe someone could enlarge the photo for us to make sure!

:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom