The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 02:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I have to say, that as soon as I saw your name underneath the thread title, I knew you were going to mention 'All Creatures Great and Small' . I will agree, Siegfried would have loved helping these two out, and making sure that the pony was treated well, and didn't have any sort of emotional trauma,*2 when the fall happened. I'm a firm believer that animals can feel as much as humans,*3 and it would appear that Louise is very close to her pony, so I cannot imagine the poor thing not being effected when his beloved owner got so hurt while riding him.
Bold- Too funny!
Anyway, with Lady Louise's love of horses, and lively energy, I can see her and S. being great pals.Helping the horse, and L.L. ( aka, treats and cuddles for both) S, would be in heaven, as would they!
I can also see James trying out his doctor kit on S. and S. letting him use his real stethscope ( always a big hit!)
*2- Oh, we know how wonderful S was at that!
*3- Indeed! Watching S. taught me that!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Bold- Too funny!
Anyway, with Lady Louise's love of horses, and lively energy, I can see her and S. being great pals.Helping the horse, and L.L. ( aka, treats and cuddles for both) S, would be in heaven, as would they!
I can also see James trying out his doctor kit on S. and S. letting him use his real stethscope ( always a big hit!)
*2- Oh, we know how wonderful S was at that!
*3- Indeed! Watching S. taught me that!
I hope that since Louise can't get Siegfried to come over there in person, that she can at least watch the show. It would cheer her up like nothing else . Little James with the real 'doctor' tools would be too precious. These children sound like a lot of fun to be around. What I really love is that the appear to enjoy a very close sibling relationship. They're at the age when siblings can squabble, since four years is a huge difference when kids are four and eight. I hope it continues through the years.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I hope that since Louise can't get Siegfried to come over there in person, that she can at least watch the show. It would cheer her up like nothing else . Little James with the real 'doctor' tools would be too precious. These children sound like a lot of fun to be around. What I really love is that the appear to enjoy a very close sibling relationship. They're at the age when siblings can squabble, since four years is a huge difference when kids are four and eight. I hope it continues through the years.
Hey, or her parents can invite Robert Hardy( actor who portrayed Siegfried in All Creatures Great and Small) to tea....
He made a film with Edward, and Sophie is into cross-bows after all...
Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Hey, or her parents can invite Robert Hardy( actor who portrayed Siegfried in All Creatures Great and Small) to tea....
He made a film with Edward, and Sophie is into cross-bows after all...
I remember you telling about the film that Mr. Hardy made with the Earl of Wessex, but I had no clue that Sophie was into crossbows (though I did read somewhere that she loves military history, so perhaps it's not that much of a shock).

Old 04-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post

The Countess of Wessex is back to work again, attending a concert in support of the Surrey housing charity on 14/4/2012.

BBC - Countess of Wessex visits Guildford to support charity.

Here are a few additonal pics of the concert at Guildford Cathedral last Saturday - the first one is really nice:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** surrey.greatbritishlife.co.uk: Royal patron joins charity concert at Guildford Cathedral **
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Here are a few additonal pics of the concert at Guildford Cathedral last Saturday - the first one is really nice:

** surrey.greatbritishlife.co.uk: Royal patron joins charity concert at Guildford Cathedral **

Thanks iceflower
Sophie looks really beautiful
Old 04-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Contess Sophie Looks Nice & Beautiful . Thank you for Posting iceflower
Old 04-17-2012, 05:42 PM
Serene Highness

The countess of Wessex looks nice and casual and beautiful, she looks beautiful in the dark blue jacket plus i love it.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Majesty

The Countess can absolutely rock navy blue.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Thank you for the extra images, Sophie looks beautiful in them. I love her navy coat, and she suits it with her hair colour and complexion.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
The Countess can absolutely rock navy blue.
Oh, she can and she does. The dress-coat is absolutely lovely on her.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Beautiful color on Sophie and I love how she wears her hair.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:19 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with all of you she looks amazing in that shade the cut of the coat is very flattering on her.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Lady Louise Windsor's tumble will certainly reinforce parents rule
Old 04-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Gibraltar from 11-14th June. This visit will be part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration
Old 04-24-2012, 12:08 AM
Majesty

Oh, I'm with the Earl and Countess about wearing hard riding helmets when riding a horse (or bike, or using roller blades/skates). However, somehow I don't see this being an issue, since in the one picture we saw of Louise riding with Her Majesty and James there were helmets on the heads of both children. That doesn't mean that they don't put up a fight about wearing the said helmets, since we know that children will be children and will try to see how far they can bend any given rule . I like that Edward and Sophie are teaching and reinforcing the adorning of protective gear when doing something that could potentially lead to very serious injuries or worse, death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Gibraltar from 11-14th June. This visit will be part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration
This will be great to follow. I enjoyed the tour they took earlier this year, so I will imagine that this one will be just as successful.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagMil View Post
Thats a fairly long time to spend in such a small place. They should be able to meet almost everyone on The Rock. I wonder if Spain will react to or ignore this visit.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I look forward to seeing their visit to Gibraltar. I had thought, due to the dates, they would miss Trooping the Colour, but it is on the 16th June (I think) so they wont miss it.

Thanks for the article Mag, good to see Edward and Sophie are ensuring their children's safety. It is also good that Edward keeps the hat that broke when he had his fall, he can show it to their children to highlight the importance of them.

I am not sure I agree with the article stating that Edward was the Queen's favourite child though. We all know that belongs to Andrew.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 AM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex was in New York!

Yesterday, April 24, he attended the Films Without Borders launch at the St. Regis Hotel in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** gettyimages/daylife gallery ** filmswithoutborders.org ** gettyimages **
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Lovely to see Edward support Films Withour Borders. I bet he was tired though as he had just flown into New York. The woman in the dark blue dress is TALL! Lovely images, everybody looks very happy.

The Countess of Wessex attended Windsor and Eton Operatic Society's performance of "Merrie England" by Sir Edward German at the Court Theatre, Norden Farm, Altwood Road, Maidenhead on 24.4.2012

Image 1 + Image 2 + Image 3

Article with further images

Sophie has trousers on! I like this look, it's different. They really suit her, Sophie should wear trousers more often! On a side note, the woman who is seen with Sophie getting out of the backseat of her car, is that another of her Lady's-in-waiting? I thought she only had Sarah, but this woman has been seen with Sophie on several occasions.