The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Aww poor Louise, I bet that hurt a lot. Now she'll have a cast to get signed! I am glad it is nothing serious. Poor thing!

Old 04-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Yeah BP just confirmed that she broke her left arm.
Quote:
Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes Snap! No doubt the Queen will have some kind words of comfort for Lady Louise.HM broke her own wrist falling from her horse in 94
Quote:
Victoria Arbiter ‏ @victoriaarbiter According to Buckingham Palace Lady Louise Windsor, daughter of Edward + Sophie Wessex has broken her left arm. #royal
Quote:
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail The queen's granddaughter will not require further surgery.Fortunately she was wearing a hard hat and a safety back brace at the time.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Good job she had the hat on! She must landed awkwardly to have broken her arm. I have never broken a bone (*touches wood*), but I can imagine it hurts quite a lot and it would be hard to deal with when you're quite young. Children's bones heal much quicker than an adult, so she will be back horse riding in no time.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:10 PM
Majesty

Yes, agreed. A broken harm is very painful but will heal. I hope that she feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Aww poor Louise, I bet that hurt a lot. Now she'll have a cast to get signed! I am glad it is nothing serious. Poor thing!
Old 04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sorry to hear that Louise broke her arm, but thankfully her injuries weren't more serious and she'll feel better soon. I'm sure she'll be up and around in no time, sporting a brightly colored cast that her schoolfriends will sign. I hope she'll be able to face getting back on a horse again, but if she has her grandmother's genes, she'll be riding soon enough.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Poor Lady Louise. I broke my left arm horseback riding as a child and it was really not a fun experience.

However, I was back on the horse eight weeks later, and I have no doubt she will be as well. The Windsor women love their horses.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:39 PM
Nobility

Oh I hope Lady Louise is not having much pain and that her arm heals quickly.

I noticed this quote in the express article:
"Lady Louise, who has undergone corrective surgery after being born with exotropia, a rare condition which causes a divergent squint,"

I was not aware that she had had surgery. Does anyone know when that happened?
Old 04-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Heir Apparent

I picked that mention up as well, so that was a surprise to me, too.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Oh I hope Lady Louise is not having much pain and that her arm heals quickly.

I noticed this quote in the express article:
"Lady Louise, who has undergone corrective surgery after being born with exotropia, a rare condition which causes a divergent squint,"

I was not aware that she had had surgery. Does anyone know when that happened?
Edward and Sophie guard their children's privacy so much that no-one really knows what Louise has had done. even now you can see she has something of a squint/turned eye in pictures, as the Daily Mail said in an article "Louise was born with the rare eye condition exotropia, which means one eye turns outwards and affects her vision". It is reported she underwent an operation of around 30minutes to help correct this so it was not as much as now. The DM also states in another article that
"Louise was born with exotropia, an eye condition that left her with one eye turning outwards.
While corrective surgery was available, her parents were racked with indecision about placing their daughter under anaesthetic, but she has undergone an operation which appears to have resolved the problem."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz1rleOs0xW

You can read more about the condition Lady Louise has here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/33...me-and-go.html
Old 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Louise is in a position to get some really cool signatures on her cast. Get it signed by Granny, Uncle Charles and cousin William and it'll have been signed by (potentially) three monarchs. It'd probably turn up on Antiques Roadshow many years from now.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember reading about the eye condition when Lady Louise was a toddler. There was not much information given but there was information about it back then.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
Lady Louise is in a position to get some really cool signatures on her cast. Get it signed by Granny, Uncle Charles and cousin William and it'll have been signed by (potentially) three monarchs. It'd probably turn up on Antiques Roadshow many years from now.
You're a true entreprenuer, EIIR! If it does have those signatures, I'm sure either the doctor or nurse who removes the cast will be setting it carefully aside for a nice investment value in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I remember reading about the eye condition when Lady Louise was a toddler. There was not much information given but there was information about it back then.
I read about her condition as well and her parents' reluctance to have the procedure done. I'm glad it was performed, but was it actually corrected or just improved it a bit?
Old 04-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIIR View Post
hahaha , That’s True and Could Happen after years
Old 04-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Serene Highness

Queen's granddaughter Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor breaks arm in horse riding accident | Mail Online

the original daily mail article has been updated, apparently the accident did happen at Windsor and it is believed the Queen will visit Lady Louise at Bagshot Park sometime.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said:'Lady Louise broke her left arm after falling from her pony while riding at Windsor this morning. She has been treated by doctors and is now resting at home
Old 04-11-2012, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
You're a true entreprenuer, EIIR! If it does have those signatures, I'm sure either the doctor or nurse who removes the cast will be setting it carefully aside for a nice investment value in the future!

I read about her condition as well and her parents' reluctance to have the procedure done. I'm glad it was performed, but was it actually corrected or just improved it a bit?
Improved I believe, I think more surgeries are required. Maybe they're waiting until she's a bit older to see how invasive, if at all, they have to be. When I see pictures I can see the squint.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

That was the one thing about that picture of William, Kate and their attendants I was so relieved over when I saw it, as the photographer did such an excellent job of posing Louise in such a manner that it's pretty well disguised she's got an eye that turns out. Very well done indeed.

It's also noticable in the video which bridesmaid is Louise, as you can tell she's walking w/a bit of a back and forth "sway" as the Bridal Procession heads down the aisle. I understood that her one eye being as turned out as it is/was also gave her serious double vision at times and that could be why she walked like that. To make sure she was walking in the right direction and right way.

Thank God her tumble wasn't more serious than a broken arm and she'll be fine. I wonder what colour Louise picked for her cast? :oD
Old 04-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Queen's granddaughter Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor breaks arm in horse riding accident | Mail Online

the original daily mail article has been updated, apparently the accident did happen at Windsor and it is believed the Queen will visit Lady Louise at Bagshot Park sometime.
A Buckingham Palace spokesman said:'Lady Louise broke her left arm after falling from her pony while riding at Windsor this morning. She has been treated by doctors and is now resting at home
Nice article , Fantastic Picture Of Lady Louise with her grandmother On Horse , Thank you For Posting tommy100
Old 04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
That was the one thing about that picture of William, Kate and their attendants I was so relieved over when I saw it, as the photographer did such an excellent job of posing Louise in such a manner that it's pretty well disguised she's got an eye that turns out. Very well done indeed.

It's also noticable in the video which bridesmaid is Louise, as you can tell she's walking w/a bit of a back and forth "sway" as the Bridal Procession heads down the aisle. I understood that her one eye being as turned out as it is/was also gave her serious double vision at times and that could be why she walked like that. To make sure she was walking in the right direction and right way.

Thank God her tumble wasn't more serious than a broken arm and she'll be fine. I wonder what colour Louise picked for her cast? :oD
I also noticed that she tilted her head a lot, in order to use the better eye for viewing. There may also be difficulty in focusing, because at Trooping the Colour, she kept using her hand as a telescope (probably to lessen her field of vision a little bit and see better [strange, I know, but that's what we call 'eccentric viewing' in the education of those who are blind/visually impaired]). My grandmother was able to notice the eye turn right away, probably because she's been dealing with me and my eye troubles for quite a while. Louise's head was also turned a little while walking. From what I've observed, she is able to compensate pretty well.

I'm still amazed that the media makes such a big deal out of an eye condition that on the big scheme of things provides very few limitations. Louise is able to play netball without any goggles or accommodations (or at least according to pictures that Molly2101 was kind enough to share yesterday), so I'm thinking she's doing a lot better than many people realize.

I do hope she will feel better soon, and yes, her cast will probably acquire some cool signatures .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Edward and Sophie guard their children's privacy so much that no-one really knows what Louise has had done. even now you can see she has something of a squint/turned eye in pictures, as the Daily Mail said in an article "Louise was born with the rare eye condition exotropia, which means one eye turns outwards and affects her vision". It is reported she underwent an operation of around 30minutes to help correct this so it was not as much as now. The DM also states in another article that
"Louise was born with exotropia, an eye condition that left her with one eye turning outwards.
While corrective surgery was available, her parents were racked with indecision about placing their daughter under anaesthetic, but she has undergone an operation which appears to have resolved the problem."

Read more: How Sophie's become the Queen's favourite | Mail Online

You can read more about the condition Lady Louise has here : Congenital squint can 'come and go' - Telegraph
Thank you for all this good info! I appreciate it
Old 04-12-2012, 08:54 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Lady Louise breaks arm in riding accident - hellomagazine.com