Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, that as soon as I saw your name underneath the thread title, I knew you were going to mention 'All Creatures Great and Small' :D. I will agree, Siegfried would have loved helping these two out, and making sure that the pony was treated well, and didn't have any sort of emotional trauma,*2 when the fall happened. I'm a firm believer that animals can feel as much as humans,*3 and it would appear that Louise is very close to her pony, so I cannot imagine the poor thing not being effected when his beloved owner got so hurt while riding him.
Bold-:ROFLMAO: Too funny!:D
Anyway, with Lady Louise's love of horses, and lively energy, I can see her and S. being great pals.Helping the horse, and L.L. ( aka, treats and cuddles for both):D S, would be in heaven, as would they!
I can also see James trying out his doctor kit on S. and S. letting him use his real stethscope ( always a big hit!)
*2- Oh, we know how wonderful S was at that!;):D
*3- Indeed! Watching S. taught me that!:)

Bold-:ROFLMAO: Too funny!:D
Anyway, with Lady Louise's love of horses, and lively energy, I can see her and S. being great pals.Helping the horse, and L.L. ( aka, treats and cuddles for both):D S, would be in heaven, as would they!
I can also see James trying out his doctor kit on S. and S. letting him use his real stethscope ( always a big hit!)
*2- Oh, we know how wonderful S was at that!;):D
*3- Indeed! Watching S. taught me that!:)

I hope that since Louise can't get Siegfried to come over there in person, that she can at least watch the show. It would cheer her up like nothing else :D. Little James with the real 'doctor' tools would be too precious. These children sound like a lot of fun to be around. What I really love is that the appear to enjoy a very close sibling relationship. They're at the age when siblings can squabble, since four years is a huge difference when kids are four and eight. I hope it continues through the years.

I hope that since Louise can't get Siegfried to come over there in person, that she can at least watch the show. It would cheer her up like nothing else :D. Little James with the real 'doctor' tools would be too precious. These children sound like a lot of fun to be around. What I really love is that the appear to enjoy a very close sibling relationship. They're at the age when siblings can squabble, since four years is a huge difference when kids are four and eight. I hope it continues through the years.
Hey, or her parents can invite Robert Hardy( actor who portrayed Siegfried in All Creatures Great and Small) to tea....:D
He made a film with Edward, and Sophie is into cross-bows after all...;):D

Hey, or her parents can invite Robert Hardy( actor who portrayed Siegfried in All Creatures Great and Small) to tea....:D
He made a film with Edward, and Sophie is into cross-bows after all...;):D

I remember you telling about the film that Mr. Hardy made with the Earl of Wessex, but I had no clue that Sophie was into crossbows (though I did read somewhere that she loves military history, so perhaps it's not that much of a shock).

Contess Sophie Looks Nice & Beautiful . Thank you for Posting iceflower

The countess of Wessex looks nice and casual and beautiful, she looks beautiful in the dark blue jacket plus i love it.

I agree with all of you she looks amazing in that shade the cut of the coat is very flattering on her.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Gibraltar from 11-14th June. This visit will be part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration :flowers:

Oh, I'm with the Earl and Countess about wearing hard riding helmets when riding a horse (or bike, or using roller blades/skates). However, somehow I don't see this being an issue, since in the one picture we saw of Louise riding with Her Majesty and James there were helmets on the heads of both children. That doesn't mean that they don't put up a fight about wearing the said helmets, since we know that children will be children and will try to see how far they can bend any given rule :D. I like that Edward and Sophie are teaching and reinforcing the adorning of protective gear when doing something that could potentially lead to very serious injuries or worse, death.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex will visit Gibraltar from 11-14th June. This visit will be part of the Diamond Jubilee Celebration :flowers:

This will be great to follow. I enjoyed the tour they took earlier this year, so I will imagine that this one will be just as successful.

Thats a fairly long time to spend in such a small place. They should be able to meet almost everyone on The Rock. I wonder if Spain will react to or ignore this visit.

I look forward to seeing their visit to Gibraltar. I had thought, due to the dates, they would miss Trooping the Colour, but it is on the 16th June (I think) so they wont miss it.

Thanks for the article Mag, good to see Edward and Sophie are ensuring their children's safety. It is also good that Edward keeps the hat that broke when he had his fall, he can show it to their children to highlight the importance of them.

I am not sure I agree with the article stating that Edward was the Queen's favourite child though. We all know that belongs to Andrew.

Lovely to see Edward support Films Withour Borders. I bet he was tired though as he had just flown into New York. The woman in the dark blue dress is TALL! Lovely images, everybody looks very happy.

The Countess of Wessex attended Windsor and Eton Operatic Society's performance of "Merrie England" by Sir Edward German at the Court Theatre, Norden Farm, Altwood Road, Maidenhead on 24.4.2012

Image 1 + Image 2 + Image 3

Article with further images

Sophie has trousers on! I like this look, it's different. They really suit her, Sophie should wear trousers more often! On a side note, the woman who is seen with Sophie getting out of the backseat of her car, is that another of her Lady's-in-waiting? I thought she only had Sarah, but this woman has been seen with Sophie on several occasions.

Last edited:
Which lady are you referring to as LIW? The lady in the black top with the ribbon/badge is I believe the Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire, Hon Mary Bayliss.

Which lady are you referring to as LIW? The lady in the black top with the ribbon/badge is I believe the Lord Lieutenant of Berkshire, Hon Mary Bayliss.

No, not that woman. I am referring to the woman in the black and white print dress with a black sash/belt around her waist. She is is seen in the 1st and 2nd images getting out of the backseat of the car.

The Countess of Wessex attended Windsor and Eton Operatic Society's performance of "Merrie England" by Sir Edward German at the Court Theatre, Norden Farm, Altwood Road, Maidenhead on 24.4.2012

Image 1 + + Image 3

1st image- Sophie looks so elegant.
3rd image - caption- Sophie is thinking- Hmm, in all the fairytales Iv'e read, the nobleman is suposed to save the Princess from danger, not the other way around! And in case you have not noticed, I'm the Princess here, so youv'e got it backwards! :lol:

I just read that Sophie was supposed to pay a visit to Shooting Star House Children's Hospice as Patron of Shooting Star-CHASE today.
Any pics yet?

The Earl of Wessex was in New York!

Yesterday, April 24, he attended the Films Without Borders launch at the St. Regis Hotel in New York City.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** gettyimages/daylife gallery ** filmswithoutborders.org ** gettyimages **

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower :flowers:. I wish I knew about this earlier so that I could have gone and gotten some pictures of Edward arriving. Oh well, I'm sure there will be other visits in the future.

Lovely to see Edward support Films Withour Borders. I bet he was tired though as he had just flown into New York. The woman in the dark blue dress is TALL! Lovely images, everybody looks very happy.

Image 1 + Image 2 + Image 3

Article with further images

Sophie has trousers on! I like this look, it's different. They really suit her, Sophie should wear trousers more often! On a side note, the woman who is seen with Sophie getting out of the backseat of her car, is that another of her Lady's-in-waiting? I thought she only had Sarah, but this woman has been seen with Sophie on several occasions.
:previous:
Thanks Molly :rose2:
Amazing pictures and Sophie looks lovely like always :rose:.Great outfit and trousers suit to her very good :)

On a side note, the woman who is seen with Sophie getting out of the backseat of her car, is that another of her Lady's-in-waiting? I thought she only had Sarah, but this woman has been seen with Sophie on several occasions.

Could someone say what the role of the lady-in-waiting is on these outings? I realize I have made assumptions about the role - but I think someone said on another thread that Camilla doesn't have ladies-in-waiting - not sure if that's really true, or was true and has changed - but anyway - what would be their role and what would be the reasons for choosing to have one versus not? (BTW I was never aware that Diana had them, either, though I know the Queen does).

Many thanks for any info anyone can give. :flowers:

Could someone say what the role of the lady-in-waiting is on these outings? I realize I have made assumptions about the role - but I think someone said on another thread that Camilla doesn't have ladies-in-waiting - not sure if that's really true, or was true and has changed - but anyway - what would be their role and what would be the reasons for choosing to have one versus not? (BTW I was never aware that Diana had them, either, though I know the Queen does).

Diana most definitely had them... her 'Chief Lady in waiting' was Anne Beckwith Smith and is seen in the background of many of her outings. I always thought the role was overflow flower catcher - but Im sure there was more to it than that.

Basically, a lady-in-waiting is a personal assistant and a companion attending to a female member of the Royal Family other than the Queen (women attending the Queen are called Ladies of the Bedchamber, while the most senior one of Mistress of the Robes).
During official outings, a lady-in-waiting may act as an assistant (for example, holding the umbrella and/or bag), as well as an adviser (to fill in the royal in question with necessary facts, remind them names, and similar duties).

Camilla does have a lady-in-waiting although I don't think the name has ever been released. Sophie has one too and, if I'm not mistaken, so does Princess Anne. Aside of them, no other member of the royal family (that I know of) has a lady-in-waiting. The Queen of course has several Ladies of the Bedchamber (permanent and extra ones), and her Mistress of the Robes since 1967 has been Fortune FitzRoy, Duchess of Grafton.

Sophie's Lady-in-Waiting is an old friend of hers, Sarah, but the woman seen with her on Tuesday is not Sarah. This woman, however, has accompanied Sophie a few times in engagements so I was just wondering if she was another Lady-in-Waiting, or just a friend.

I believe Ladies-in-Waiting are not paid and are normally friends of the said Royal, and often do it out of friendship. No doubt the Royal buys them many gifts, and just think of all the free trips they get to go on! Sophie brought Sarah with her all around the Caribbean in February and March.

Are Private Secretaries paid? The Wessex's have one who accompanied them to the Caribbean, and who sent out "Thank You's" on behalf of Edward and Sophie, however Sarah sends out "Thank you's" on behalf of Sophie if the engagement was just Sophie's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom