Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 6: July 2011-January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

:previous:
Sophie is magnificent with children :).She knows how to bound with them and they like her, very very much, you can see -read there faces-es:) Definitively she is one special - amazing royal lady :heartflower:
Thanks Artemisia for the article and pictures :flowers:

The images of the little girl and Sophie embracing are beautiful. Sophie is such a LOVELY woman, and the way she held the little girls hand when she did not want to let go is so sweet.

Really great article and photos .. could have been a really terrible outcome here but Sophie is just amazing.

Very Nice Pics , She Looks Nice She’s So Kind & Lovely , Very Warm Pictures , Thank you for Posting .

I just came across a member of the public's personal blog, and they update it monthly. Oddly enough, in March the woman's daugther played a netball game against none other than the team from St George's School, where Lady Louise goes. The woman stood next to Sophie and apparently chatted with her, as well as capturing some images of the match. As if Louise plays netball (and hockey, as this woman's daughter also played against St George's hockey team), that is so cute and what is cuter is that Sophie attended to cheer her on.

Lady Louise and team members

Check out the initials on her shirt. L.M.W. :D

The Woman's Blog

Oooh That’s So Nice Pictures , Lady Louise Looks So Cute , Thanx For Posting

:previous: Seems Louise is quite an athlete :D. It's great that she's enjoying school. And how cool is it to stand next a member of the Royal Family and chat about one's kids? Also, the picture of Louise from the wedding that the woman posted I haven't seen before. Her facial expression is kinda priceless.

Hopefully Sophie is very cautious about what she says to this woman or else it could become part of her blog.

Hopefully Sophie is very cautious about what she says to this woman or else it could become part of her blog.

That is very true. I'm kind of surprised she mentioned Louise's school so casually, but then again, it may be public knowledge that she studies at St. George's. I didn't read the entry very carefully, but there weren't any bits of a conversation she had with Sophie. If I were in Sophie's position, I probably would have kept the chat concentrated on the match and how well the girls were playing, and not have spilled any beans about life outside of the gym doors. Let's hope the blogger respects the privacy of the Wessexes, and understands that any information that she shares on the web like that could be used for not-so-good purposes.

Thanks Molly :flowers: for pictures and blog-page :) .It's great to know,something private about this sweet Lady, that she,like other kids, enjoy sports and that her mum, can find time and go to cheer her on. Amazing :)

I should imagine this woman understood the need for privacy as she did not mention what she and Sophie discussed. I think she was just quite excited about having A) Stood next to a member of the family and B) See her daugther play against a member of the family.

Countess of Wessex pulls out of visit to The Christie cancer hospital after daughter falls from pony.

Sophie and Edward were due to also attend a dinner together in the evening, though I should imagine Edward will be dateless for that as well. Let's hope Lady Louise is alright, though I am sure she is just a bit shaken up. Kind of weird that Sophie fell off her horse this time last year.

We do not know, but the spokesperson for the Palace has said she is not too seriously injured and I am sure if it were more serious Edward would have cancelled his visit too.

No doubt Louise is a bit shaken, it's quite scary falling off a horse, no matter what age you are!

I hope Louise is all right, but the fact that there were so few comments makes me think that it wasn't a serious injury. Falling off of a horse can be pretty scary though.

Lady Louise Windsor, one of the Queen's granddaughters, is said to be "fine" after falling off her pony.

Similar article just stating that Lady Louise is fine and was checked at a hospital as precautionary.

Someone commented on the Daily Mail article that Sophie will be criticised for this, however I see it the other way around. She chose to stay with her daugther, even if she was actually uninjured, because she is her mother. It was obviously nothing serious as Edward still carried out the engagement. Shame we didn't have a joint engagement from them as they are so rare now, but it was right of Sophie to stay with her daughter.

I hope that the tabloids don't "make hay" over Edward's not leaving immediately to see his daughter. I'm reminded of Prince Charles leaving William's side at the hospital to go to the opera and the fuss that was made over that. Of course, that was a much more serious injury than Lady Louise has. Prince Edward seems to be very much a "hands-on" father, and it's good that the people expecting the royal visit weren't disappointed by a complete cancellation.

She chose to stay with her daugther, even if she was actually uninjured, because she is her mother. It was obviously nothing serious as Edward still carried out the engagement.

To be honest I don't think the tabloids will criticise either the Earl or Countess because they keep such a low profile. Some news outlets haven't even picked up on the story so it can't be anything too serious or I'm sure they would all be reporting it. I hope this doesn't put Lady Louise off riding!

Seeing some breaking news on Twitter:

Royal Reporter: Lady Louise Windsor has broken her left arm in a horse riding accident, Buckingham Palace says.
RegalEyes: Ouch! It's actually a broken arm for the Queen's granddaughter Lady Louise after her horse-riding accident this morning.
Poor girl! At least she doesn't have a royal wedding coming up like last year.

Thanks for the update, Thena.
That's really a nasty and pretty painful injury, hope Louise will be fine soon.

QUEEN'S GRANDDAUGHTER RUSHED TO HOSPITAL AFTER PONY FALL

The Countess of Wessex pulled out of a royal engagement today when her daughter Lady Louise Windsor was taken to hospital after falling off her pony. Eight-year-old Lady Louise, who was one of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's bridesmaids last year, went to hospital for precautionary checks. It is understood she was wearing a hat and back brace and was not seriously injured - and will not need an operation.

Last edited:
Aww poor Louise, I bet that hurt a lot. Now she'll have a cast to get signed! I am glad it is nothing serious. Poor thing!

Yeah BP just confirmed that she broke her left arm.
https://twitter.com/#!/RegalEyes
Mark Stewart ‏ @RegalEyes Snap! No doubt the Queen will have some kind words of comfort for Lady Louise.HM broke her own wrist falling from her horse in 94
https://twitter.com/#!/victoriaarbiter
Victoria Arbiter ‏ @victoriaarbiter According to Buckingham Palace Lady Louise Windsor, daughter of Edward + Sophie Wessex has broken her left arm. #royal
https://twitter.com/#!/RE_DailyMail
Rebecca English ‏ @RE_DailyMail The queen's granddaughter will not require further surgery.Fortunately she was wearing a hard hat and a safety back brace at the time.

Good job she had the hat on! She must landed awkwardly to have broken her arm. I have never broken a bone (*touches wood*), but I can imagine it hurts quite a lot and it would be hard to deal with when you're quite young. Children's bones heal much quicker than an adult, so she will be back horse riding in no time.

Yes, agreed. A broken harm is very painful but will heal. I hope that she feels better soon.:flowers:

Aww poor Louise, I bet that hurt a lot. Now she'll have a cast to get signed! I am glad it is nothing serious. Poor thing!

I'm sorry to hear that Louise broke her arm, but thankfully her injuries weren't more serious and she'll feel better soon. I'm sure she'll be up and around in no time, sporting a brightly colored cast that her schoolfriends will sign. I hope she'll be able to face getting back on a horse again, but if she has her grandmother's genes, she'll be riding soon enough.

Poor Lady Louise. I broke my left arm horseback riding as a child and it was really not a fun experience.

However, I was back on the horse eight weeks later, and I have no doubt she will be as well. The Windsor women love their horses.

Oh I hope Lady Louise is not having much pain and that her arm heals quickly.

I noticed this quote in the express article:
"Lady Louise, who has undergone corrective surgery after being born with exotropia, a rare condition which causes a divergent squint,"

I was not aware that she had had surgery. Does anyone know when that happened?

I picked that mention up as well, so that was a surprise to me, too.

Oh I hope Lady Louise is not having much pain and that her arm heals quickly.

I noticed this quote in the express article:
"Lady Louise, who has undergone corrective surgery after being born with exotropia, a rare condition which causes a divergent squint,"

I was not aware that she had had surgery. Does anyone know when that happened?

Edward and Sophie guard their children's privacy so much that no-one really knows what Louise has had done. even now you can see she has something of a squint/turned eye in pictures, as the Daily Mail said in an article "Louise was born with the rare eye condition exotropia, which means one eye turns outwards and affects her vision". It is reported she underwent an operation of around 30minutes to help correct this so it was not as much as now. The DM also states in another article that
"Louise was born with exotropia, an eye condition that left her with one eye turning outwards.
While corrective surgery was available, her parents were racked with indecision about placing their daughter under anaesthetic, but she has undergone an operation which appears to have resolved the problem."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-467092/How-Sophies-Queens-favourite.html#ixzz1rleOs0xW

You can read more about the condition Lady Louise has here : http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/3306275/Congenital-squint-can-come-and-go.html

Last edited:
Lady Louise is in a position to get some really cool signatures on her cast. Get it signed by Granny, Uncle Charles and cousin William and it'll have been signed by (potentially) three monarchs. It'd probably turn up on Antiques Roadshow many years from now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom