Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the video! :flowers:

The Countess of Wessex attended another event yesterday, May 19 - together with the Earl of Wessex
she attended a production of Cleopatra at Sadlers Wells Theatre in London. The Earl of Wessex is Patron
of the Northern Ballet.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Thanks for the video! :flowers:

The Countess of Wessex attended another event yesterday, May 19 - together with the Earl of Wessex
she attended a production of Cleopatra at Sadlers Wells Theatre in London. The Earl of Wessex is Patron
of the Northern Ballet.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

I really like her hairstyle :), I hope we finally see Sophie with longer hair ;) :rose:

Thanks for all the posts she looks just great at the ballet and like her shoes she seems to be jazzing up her wardrobe at the moment and she looks great. IMO

I really like Sophie's purple shoes! Lovely images. I do like her hair a big longer. I do wish I could be greeted as "Your Royal Highness"...is that weird? Hah.

Beautiful! As a middle-aged lady who loves dark blue, I can look to her for inspiration.:flowers:

___________________Thanks for the video! :flowers:
she attended a production of Cleopatra at Sadlers Wells Theatre in London.

I like the all outfit :), dark blue suits so well on her, but the most striking part is definitely purple shoes ;) :)

Dark blue definitely suits Sophie. I can't stop admiring her shoes though. I really like them.

I am just Loving her longer hair in these pics! Soo flattering and feminine.

Here is a link to several pictures of Sophie's visit to Merlin Centre in Hewas Water and Mevagissy on 17th May 2011.

click here.

Just select either of the two categories regarding the Countess and it will lead you to a gallery of images. I love the dress and jacket. :D

Did anyone see the images on Zimbio of Sophie looking at the Royal collection with Charles, Camilla and Andrew? She was wearing that beautiful navy dress she wore to Easter again. I really loved it.

Last edited:
Thanks for these. The video is lovely and it shows Sophie's sense of humour, particularly regarding the staff's sky dive and the mention of her handbag being the one she used at the Royal wedding, just for the little boy who presented her flower's interest in the wedding. Really cute.

This is an old favourite dress of hers, no? I am sure we've seen it a few times. I am ok with that though as I think it's a beautiful dress AND I love her shoes.

oh great thank you
lol did you spot her 'favourite bodyguard' on facebook ;) (sorry i am being mean :flowers: )

Love her look at the moment I didn't really like the dress last year but she is looking so fabulous at present hair longer, a little slimmer and I agree the shoes are gorgeous she remains my favourite royal I love her low key charming approach to everything.

That really was a great piece of video. Thanks for it and the pictures. Sophie looked to be really enjoying herself.

And I also hope that someday, The Trust does go out of business and Sophie loses a Patronage. Meningitis is an awful, awful thing.

Love her look at the moment I didn't really like the dress last year but she is looking so fabulous at present hair longer, a little slimmer and I agree the shoes are gorgeous she remains my favourite royal I love her low key charming approach to everything.
cannot agree with you more!

oh great thank you
lol did you spot her 'favourite bodyguard' on facebook ;) (sorry i am being mean :flowers: )

I hadn't spotted him until you pointed him out. They're back on good terms, ha.

I agree with everyone; I think Sophie looks very pretty in this dress. I liked it last year but think she looks much better in it this year, and I love the bag.

Here are some images of Sophie visiting patients of Great Ormond Street Hospital on 25.5.11. I love the dress she is wearing. Am I right in thinking it's the Easter service dress? The images of Sophie with the patients are lovely.

One & two.

Gallery = Belga.

There is also an article to go with it. HERE.

I'm getting the picture that Sophie does a lot of work with the special needs population. Would that be the correct assumption?

Lady in Waiting

I see the Court Circular had this yesterday:
"The Countess of Wessex has been pleased to appoint Mrs. Amy Mayes to be a Lady in Waiting to Her Royal Highness with effect from 1st June, 2011."

Has Sophie ever had an officially announced lady-in-waiting before? Anyone know anything about Mrs Amy Mayes?

yes, before she appointed sarah sienesi, an old friend of hers in the end of 2009, i think. that was when people began speculating whether sienesi was hired to help william and catherine in her profession as a wedding consultant. i wonder what happened to sienesi now- would sophie need two ladies in waiting?

Last edited:
This may sound like an obvious question, but what exactly do Ladies-in-waiting do? I know Sophie did not hire one until 2009, so why did she need one then and not before?

Yesterday, June 2nd, the Earl of Wessex joined children from Ellesmere Children's Centre as they tried to beat
the existing Hopscotch world record, outside Sheffield Town Hall.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery ** thestar: A hop and a skip for Prince Edward **

Today, June 3rd, the Countess of Wessex as President of The Royal Bath and West of England Society attended
The Royal Bath and West Show in Somerset.
As Patron of the learning disability charity Mencap she met with charity members at The Co-operative Village also
at The Royal Bath and West Show.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

This may sound like an obvious question, but what exactly do Ladies-in-waiting do? I know Sophie did not hire one until 2009, so why did she need one then and not before?

Ladies-in-Waiting are unpaid assistants who accompany the royal lady and end up with the bouquets etc. They also help with the correspondence e.g. if you get a letter from Sophie it might start with 'HRH The Countess of Wessex has asked me to write to you to thank you for your birthday wishes...' That will be signed then by a L-i-W.

Here are some images of Sophie visiting patients of Great Ormond Street Hospital on 25.5.11. I love the dress she is wearing. Am I right in thinking it's the Easter service dress? The images of Sophie with the patients are lovely.

One & two.
You can just tell she is a caring person, and a loving Mummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom