Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion, Edward and Sophie are 'perfect' royals. They keep out of trouble, they work just as hard as anyone else and they have raised their children wonderfully. The press find that not interesting.

In my opinion, Edward and Sophie are 'perfect' royals. They keep out of trouble, they work just as hard as anyone else and they have raised their children wonderfully. The press find that not interesting.

I agree, the Press are unlikely to spend much time on E&S as they tend to keep themselves out of trouble.

The press is the press. I am much more interested to know what the British public thinks of them. Does anyone know how they are viewed? I am not looking for anything scientific, opinions will do.

The press is the press. I am much more interested to know what the British public thinks of them. Does anyone know how they are viewed? I am not looking for anything scientific, opinions will do.

I personally have very high respect for this family, unfortunately, I think a lot of people have no real idea about what the whole of the royal family really do - completely unscientific point of view and am likely to be completely wrong. Wish that the Earl and Countess had a higher profile to show that the work they do is worthwhile (and any 'incidents' are in the past)

I personally have very high respect for this family, unfortunately, I think a lot of people have no real idea about what the whole of the royal family really do - completely unscientific point of view and am likely to be completely wrong. Wish that the Earl and Countess had a higher profile to show that the work they do is worthwhile (and any 'incidents' are in the past)

Thanks for the opinion. It may be unscientific but I find it interesting to see what people think of the royals. After all just because you like some of the family doesn't mean you like the whole family.

That is the thing that gets me about the Earl and the Countess. While I think the press plays a part in it, I do think that the public has an effect as well. While I don't think they work as hard as Princess Anne, few do, they are certainly not lazy. Then again it is hard to know a great deal about their work ethic because the press don't report on them much.

Thanks for the opinion. It may be unscientific but I find it interesting to see what people think of the royals. After all just because you like some of the family doesn't mean you like the whole family.

That is the thing that gets me about the Earl and the Countess. While I think the press plays a part in it, I do think that the public has an effect as well. While I don't think they work as hard as Princess Anne, few do, they are certainly not lazy. Then again it is hard to know a great deal about their work ethic because the press don't report on them much.

I do browse a few newspapers online but don't really see much, I get most of my info from this website. Can only hope that with the wedding of Prince William and Catherine, there might be more news reported for the other royals. (BTW I'm very anti Prince Andrew but that maybe because the majority of the news I see about him is in the papers and is negative.)

Right. They're a respectable middle-aged couple with children who aren't old enough to have their own scandals.;)

I agree, the Press are unlikely to spend much time on E&S as they tend to keep themselves out of trouble.

They do get media coverage when they're here in Canada. There's always an article in HELLO! Canada as well as news reports. People who meet them in person have a very good opinion of them. Whether that's reported in the UK, I'm not aware.

I would agree that as a result of the fact that they are seen as boring, they don't tend to get a lot press/public interest.

I think there is a degree of indifference towards them. Part of this is because they are relatively low down in the succession, so unlikely to ever get the "top job".

Thanks for the update!
It is always a pleasure to see Sophie, Countess of Wessex undertaking official engagements.

I really think she has lost some weight. She is slimer and very beautiful.

Sophie is really a beautiful woman. Can't wait to see her and of course lady Louise at next month' wedding. :)

Lovely photos w/ the article, and love the Countess'es new hairdo!

On March 31, the Countess of Wessex attended the first night performance of
Scene & Heard’s production, Twist & Turn – The Giddy Plays in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** source **

Sophie is really a beautiful woman. Can't wait to see her and of course lady Louise at next month' wedding. :)

I agree Mia .Sophie is very pretty and I always enjoy seeing her.

iceflower said:

The Countess is looking good!!!!! She looks thinner, tan, relaxed and hair is looking excellent :)

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen her look better. Whatever she's doing I hope that she keeps it up.

Love these photos! I agree Sophie is looking better than ever these days!
I love how relaxed she looks, how informal.

That is my favorite photo as well Mia mae! A happy moment, both people totally relaxed. The way Sophie has her arm over the young woman's shoulders... more like a proud mum after a daughter's dance recital, than stuffy Royal!
I love how Sophie puts the people she meets at ease!
This photo I have to say reminds me of another Princess!
Wish I could meet the COW! ( Countess of Wessex, not something that moos!;)

I likr the length of the dress on her and I do like her hair longer I agree she looks really lovely her.

Sophie is in great shape and nicely tanned. Looking forward to seeing her at the wedding!!! ;)

I agree Mermaid it's a mystery I have never seen that before from her.

Mermaid1962 said:
I wonder what happened? She's normally so calm in public. In the fourth picture, she looks like she's going to cry.

She¿s wearing Bruce Oldfield but the Countess of Wessex is feeling a little frayed: Sophie's outburst at bodyguard outside bridal shop | Mail Online

Well I can see none of the DM commenters will be giving her the benefit of the doubt on this- usually Sophie seems very calm and serene so I am going to assume something very upsetting happened and it was just a bad day/timing.....if she did yell or berate her bodyguard I hope she aplogizes ....but it also appears she was very upset or frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom