Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Thena and though I didn't want to comment here as I could see it going on and on, this is normal well in the parts of India I visited and not just for royalty and so on. It is a job good not good I cannot say but it's what happened in my experience anyway.

^ So, it's a job indeed, just like I had guessed. Thanks for confirming this! :flowers: I see nothing wrong then and I also agree with the poster who said that P Edward knows better. Besides, he would never insult anyone. :)

Agreed, seen from this angle, it's acceptable and not as worse as it seemed
from the first observation! :)

The games are over now, the next ones will take place in Glasgow, Scotland's
biggest city, in 2014.

Prince Edward addresses the XIX Commonwealth Games closing ceremony at
Jawarharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on October 14, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife/gettyimages **

Iceflower, I thought of the same thing when I first saw the picture. There are professions that appear more 'derogatory' than the others, that's for sure. Pedicurists come to mind, when I think of it.;) But it's a job, people make a living this or that way. It's just that some people were not that lucky in this regard or they didn't learn to do something that appears more 'decent' or 'respectable'.:flowers:

Iceflower, I thought of the same thing when I first saw the picture. There are professions that appear more 'derogatory' than the others, that's for sure. Pedicurists come to mind, when I think of it.;) But it's a job, people make a living this or that way. It's just that some people were not that lucky in this regard or they didn't learn to do something that appears more 'decent' or 'respectable'.:flowers:

It's just not an image that India or Prince Edward needs to have flashed around the world right now

So Edward had a free lesson there - hope he learned the steps well.;) Thanks for sharing, Wbenson! :flowers:

This was good too see. It's so nice that these young people have something creative to do. Thank you for posting, wbenson. BTW Prince Edward strikes me as being more self-conscious than his siblings, almost like he doesn't know quite what to do with his hands. Perhaps it's shyness.

Prince Edward officially opens Pavilion Dance centre in Bournemouth (From Bournemouth Echo)

Hip-hop dancers showed the Earl of Wessex the latest moves as he officially opened a multi-million-pound venue in Bournemouth.

Edward attended classes to help him talk in public and to actually stop him from gesturing with his hands. Occasionally notably the more excited he is, he talks too fast and starts gesturing.

Edward attended classes to help him talk in public and to actually stop him from gesturing with his hands. Occasionally notably the more excited he is, he talks too fast and starts gesturing.

I didn't know he had attended such classes. Good for him, though there's nothing wrong in being more natural and even spontaneous, IMO. :flowers:

I see. That's interesting. So I was noticing some self-consciousness then. Sophie seems much more relaxed in public. I wonder whether that's why Prince William sometimes rushes his words together as well?

Really lovely photo. :flowers: She is quite an asset to the family, and I'll bet HM appreciates her presence at these events.

We know she does.;) HM appreciates Sophie in general and we also know that the two women have a rather warm relationship. Sophie looks lovely in this photo. Have we seen this grey dress before? In Ascot perhaps? Does anyone remember? :flowers:

i don t think i saw it in ascot, but prove me wrong ;)

Sophie never gets it wrong...I just love her style:flowers:

The Earl of Wessex is in Georgia and attended several events today, November
5, 2010. After having opened a new building of the British Embassy yesterday,
he met with representatives of the Georgian government and British businessmen
working in the country. An exhibition, a visit to the Commonwealth War Graves
have been part of the programme as well as a meeting with Georgian President
Mikheil Saakashvili at the Presidential Palace in Tbillisi.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

P Edward is doing a fantastic job, IMO. Thank you for the new photos, Iceflower! :flowers: I think he looks quite dashing in the second pic!

^ Thanks for the link, Marika86! :flowers: I didn't realize she was on duty when she commented on William's engagement.;) She looked lovely in that cream coat!

Isn't it a pity, that her engagement was only covered as the press was
trying to find as many members of the royal family on that special day..?!

This article also has some (very small) pics of yesterday's event:

** HRH Sophie, Countess of Wessex visits Nottingham **

And here are some other recent events, Sophie attended:

On November 11, the Countess of Wessex as patron of the Sir Oswald Stoll
Foundation re-dedicated the Memorial at the Chiswick War Memorial Homes,
Chiswick, London:

** HRH Countess of Wessex cuts ribbon on redevelopment **

** Countess of Wessex opens serviceman home **

On November 15, the Countess of Wessex represented the royal family at
the funeral of Irish antiques dealer Ned Ryan:

** Irish antiques dealer was friend of royals **

Sophie is doing so much in one week, quite a busy schedule, as it seems. And Iceflower you're right, the journalists on Tuesday were just trying to get a statement from her... This is how we found out that Sophie was actually working that morning.;)

Sophie is the Queen's favorite....I just adore her

William's aunt the Countess of Wessex has reportedly volunteered to be Kate’s personal mentor in the stressful run-up to the royal wedding.
The prince is said to have asked Sophie, the wife of Prince Edward, ahead of the engagement whether Kate could visit her Surrey home Bagshot Park for an informal chat.
Sophie, a 45-year-old former PR guru and firm favourite of the Queen, will help Kate to avoid some of the pitfalls she suffered...

Kate given counselling: Bride-to-be has lessons to prepare her for royal life | Mail Online

^ I was hoping for that. Sophie can be the best role-model in this regard.;) Thanks for the link! :flowers:

Happy to hear Sophie will be giving Kate advice, I always thought Sophie was the best person to help Kate out and was hoping they'd ask her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom