The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 04:34 AM

why is James never seen in public events?

Old 06-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by julinda View Post
why is James never seen in public events?
Due to Edward and Sophie choosing to keep him out of the public eye, like they have done with Lady Louise, up until now. And because James is onlt 3 1/2, he's still quite young. Edward and Sophie do not want their childre to be raised in the "lime-light", so to speak, which so far they have achieved. I am sure we'll see James as he grows older. He's a cute little boy though!

Old 06-12-2011, 05:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Everything these days links the Catherine,
Kate Middleton: Sophie gets a trainer to keep up with younger royals | Mail Online
Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I am not sure I believe that...but if so, fair play to Sophie. She did look lovely at Epsom Derby and at the Royal Wedding. I think she's always looked good; it's a shame, if this is true, that she is feeling "affected" by Catherine's presence and small stature. If anything Sophie, you're much thinner and in better shape than your neice!
Old 06-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Serene Highness

I think that is The Mail trying to stir up controversy. Sophie may well want to get in shape but it probably has nothing to do with Kate. It seems there are always these "close friends" who make statements like that .... more likely someone at the Mail standing around the coffee or teapot.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess of Durham View Post
I think that is The Mail trying to stir up controversy. Sophie may well want to get in shape but it probably has nothing to do with Kate. It seems there are always these "close friends" who make statements like that .... more likely someone at the Mail standing around the coffee or teapot.
Exactly. True friends know not to say anything.

Andrew Gorman was the photographer at the Royal Bath and West Show 2011 and he has updated his website with several images of the Countess of Wessex over the few days.

Here
He also provided a link to a gallery with MANY images of the show, including a large number of Sophie. Gallery.

I like the red jacket and white dress ensemble.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Countess of Wessex has become vice patron of the Royal Bath and West

BBC News - Countess of Wessex vice patron at Bath and West society
Old 06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Majesty

This was posted on my facebook, so I thought I'd share it. The Earl of Wessex is to make a trip to Washington DC.
England’s Prince Edward to visit D.C., receive award | The Daily Caller

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:45 AM
Administrator

On June 17, Prince Edward has visited Lincoln, Lincolnshire and attended several events.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

** Prince Edward visits Lincoln school, care centre and cathedral **
Old 06-20-2011, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks iceflower for these links. The final 3 images of Edward make him look kinda handsome. Is it odd of me to say that?
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
Nobility

Not odd at all . The Wessexes have always been favorite royals of mine . Sophie and I are from very similar backgrounds and ages, I have always taken an interest in them. The Mail said Sophie was not ready to become a "middle-aged Royal " , good , because I'm not ready to become middle-aged yet either ! !
Old 06-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Administrator

You are most welcome, Molly2101 And I can easily understand both of you, Molly2101 and lady of hay

In the meantime the mentioned visit to the USA has started:

Yesterday, June 20, the Earl of Wessex arrived in the USA, had a meeting with Mr. Arne Duncan (Secretary of
State for Education) and attended a reception at Capitol Hill. Today, he visited the Living Classroom Foundation
in Baltimore, all connected with the Duke of Edinburgh's Award-Young Americans' Challenge.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** Prince Edward brings youth program to Baltimore ** Pictures: Prince Edward visits Baltimore **
Old 06-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks iceflower for the image links. Prince Edward looks really happy to be there!

I often wonder when members of the Royal family go on foreign engagements, do they contact their spouses/children when they're away? I suppose Charles wouldn't contact his children, but I imagine he speaks to Camilla. The same for Edward and Sophie. I would find it odd not speaking to my spouse (if I were married, haha) when they were in a foreign country.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

You are most welcome, Molly2101 And I can easily understand both of you, Molly2101 and lady of hay

In the meantime the mentioned visit to the USA has started:

Yesterday, June 20, the Earl of Wessex arrived in the USA, had a meeting with Mr. Arne Duncan (Secretary of
State for Education) and attended a reception at Capitol Hill. Today, he visited the Living Classroom Foundation
in Baltimore, all connected with the Duke of Edinburgh's Award-Young Americans' Challenge.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** Prince Edward brings youth program to Baltimore ** Pictures: Prince Edward visits Baltimore **
Thanks iceflower for the pictures and artical
It's great, but I would like to see Sophie, also with him in this trip
Old 06-24-2011, 02:46 AM
Administrator

You are most welcome

Here's an additional article:

** Ben Lacy '09 receives Duke of Edinburgh's Award Young Americans' Challenge **

The Earl of Wessex attending the Duke of Edinburgh's International Award and Young Americans' Challenge
gala at The Pierre Hotel on June 23, 2011 in New York City.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery **

And a story more focussing on other guests of the event

** That's one way to make an impression on royalty! Kirstie Alley stuns Prince Edward with her unflattering
yellow gown at New York charity event
Old 06-24-2011, 07:58 AM
Heir Apparent

Woah, that is a very vibrant dress Kirstie! I am pleased to see how much weight she has lost though. Well done, Kirstie!

Thanks for the articles and information. Edward looks like he is enjoying himself. :) I love the way he fiddles with his hands in this circumstances, most likely a habit of his. I notice Prince Andrew does it as well.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Is Edward stepping into his father's shoes with the Duke of Edinburgh Awards ??
Old 06-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Administrator

Prince Philip still is patron of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards (see this link to the official website), but Prince Edward
takes over a lot of commitments, especially by attending Gold Award ceremonies around the world. One day Prince
Edward will surely be the patron himself..
Old 06-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly2101 View Post
Woah, that is a very vibrant dress Kirstie! I am pleased to see how much weight she has lost though. Well done, Kirstie!

Thanks for the articles and information. Edward looks like he is enjoying himself. :) I love the way he fiddles with his hands in this circumstances, most likely a habit of his. I notice Prince Andrew does it as well.
Yes, she does look nice, however she has done this before, and before, and before.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Commoner

I heard that Edward and Sophie will be representing the queen/royal family of britian at the Monaco royal wedding. Why does it seem that they are the only one going to other countries royal weddings?

Closed Thread