The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Nobility

The Countess looks very gorgeous. The red illuminates her skin and beautiful blond hair. Wow.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Sophie looks totally gorgeous I just love her hair and the red is just amazing on her. The photos of Louise are really cute thanks for posting.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Really? So this worse then Diana's Panorama interview, or Fergie's toe sucking incident or Charles admitting adultery, Prince Harry's drunken pics ....I could go on and on- honestly it's pretty tame in that sense......
Sorry to be a few days late in response but I don't always have time to check things out, and I've just noticed this.

Diana's interview was in response, really, to Charles' earlier one. Fergie's toe sucking incident was in private and thus outside the realm of unacceptable public behaviour. Harry's drunken pics were not good but he earned some licence as the stupid behaviour of a silly young man.

No member of the royal family has ever lost their temper and berated an underling in public before. Not one. Not ever.
Old 04-29-2011, 10:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
concerning the rib break OMG!
well its written in the blue box on the right

and btw: where are the rehearsal pics, please:)?
Do people think this horse-riding accident excuse is valid or just a matter of covering up for bad behavior with her protection officer on Monday (the same day as the claimed accident). I have no idea....just asking
Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly

Sorry to be a few days late in response but I don't always have time to check things out, and I've just noticed this.

Diana's interview was in response, really, to Charles' earlier one. Fergie's toe sucking incident was in private and thus outside the realm of unacceptable public behaviour. Harry's drunken pics were not good but he earned some licence as the stupid behaviour of a silly young man.

No member of the royal family has ever lost their temper and berated an underling in public before. Not one. Not ever.
So..you agree with the post I was responding to that it was the worst behaviour seen by a family member in 50 years? I didn't say it was good but my examples were by far worse/more inappropriate IMO
Old 04-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

none photo os little james?
Old 04-30-2011, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

He did not attend.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch View Post
Do people think this horse-riding accident excuse is valid or just a matter of covering up for bad behavior with her protection officer on Monday (the same day as the claimed accident). I have no idea....just asking
No, I do not! How could she plan to fall off a horse the same day as the bad press?
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Royal wedding: the Order of Service in full - Telegraph

In this Order of Service for tomorrow I notice that they have Louise's name as The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Now I know that that is her surname but it is nice to see it being used officially occasionally.

THE PROCESSION OF THE BRIDE
Mr Michael Middleton, THE BRIDE
Miss Eliza Lopes, Miss Philippa Middleton, Miss Grace van Cutsem
The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, The Honourable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Master Tom Pettifer, Master William Lowther-Pinkerton
I noticed this too. What I thought was most odd is that in the press release naming her as a bridesmaid, she was listed as The Lady Louise Windsor. This seems very odd to me and a discrepancy that usually doesn't happen with these types of things.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneugeba View Post
I noticed this too. What I thought was most odd is that in the press release naming her as a bridesmaid, she was listed as The Lady Louise Windsor. This seems very odd to me and a discrepancy that usually doesn't happen with these types of things.
I suspect the press release used the House name, which is "Windsor", and later on they decided to add the Mountbatten even though it isn't really their official surname (since she is technically a Princess and the LP that the Queen issued re the surname only cover non-royal male-line descendants of the Queen which there haven't been any yet). Same reason why Prince Charles and Princess Anne signed their wedding registry with "Mountbatten-Windsor" as their surname, even though they're not technically Mountbatten-Windsor.

A nice gesture to Prince Philip, for sure.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle

Same reason why Prince Charles and Princess Anne signed their wedding registry with "Mountbatten-Windsor" as their surname, even though they're not technically Mountbatten-Windsor.
Hmmmm for season I thought Charles had actually only signed Charles....?
Old 05-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Back to work
http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co.u..._unit/?ref=rss
Old 05-04-2011, 09:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Hmmmm for season I thought Charles had actually only signed Charles....?
I think he only signs Charles, but I believe when his name was typed onto the license he was listed as Mountbatten-Windsor
Old 05-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a short video after the ceremony in W.Abbey of Earl and Countess of Wessex,Princess Royal,Prince Andrew :)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 05-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Royal Reception for Films Without Borders at Windsor Castle. May 09, 2011

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
Old 05-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, I wish they wouldn't do this type of appearance. I'm as common as dirt and I wouldn't do it. What was EofW thinking!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Eagle View Post
I suspect the press release used the House name, which is "Windsor", and later on they decided to add the Mountbatten even though it isn't really their official surname (since she is technically a Princess and the LP that the Queen issued re the surname only cover non-royal male-line descendants of the Queen which there haven't been any yet). Same reason why Prince Charles and Princess Anne signed their wedding registry with "Mountbatten-Windsor" as their surname, even though they're not technically Mountbatten-Windsor.

A nice gesture to Prince Philip, for sure.

This wasn't in the press but in the official wedding programme I think it is safe to say that that is her official name. This was the programme that was released by BP for the use by the public and congregation.

Do you really think that they official wedding programme would get the name of the Queen's granddaughter wrong?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Majesty

What's wrong with it? The Earl has been involved with film production. This seems like a natural fit for him. Royalty has always supported the arts. Of course, I'm not familiar with "Film Without Borders".

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Oh, I wish they wouldn't do this type of appearance. I'm as common as dirt and I wouldn't do it. What was EofW thinking!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Edward was in Edinburgh yesterday. He attended the "Kirking of the Scottish Parliament", an event at St. Giles' Kirk, on the Royal Mile.

The members of the Holyrood Parliament have to be "churched" before they can take their seat.

One of the Royals always attend this occasion.

Earl to attend Kirking ceremony - Hamilton Advertiser

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirking_of_the_Parliament
Old 05-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Please note that all posts regarding the Queen with Louise and James should be posted here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post1251935

Closed Thread