The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Serene Highness

Based on the photos, it doesn't look like Sophie is having a tantrum or an outburst at all, nor does the bodyguard look mortified. Judging from facial expressions and body language (in photo form only, of course) seems she's explaining something to him and he is simply listening. I think the DM is trying to make an issue when there is none. Unless there is a video (w/ audio) of the incident, I think interpretation to what is going on is limited.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

What gets me is that so many people don't think that Sophie and Edward have had the best medical advice regarding Louise's eye condition.

Many people here and elsewhere accuse them of being uncaring parents because they haven't had the eye fixed but we also don't know what other problems Louise may have due to the problems of her birth.

I am sure that they have had the best medical advice possible on what to do and when to do it and that they love and care for their daughter a great deal.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
I would have to agree with you about the fact that most likely, people DO indeed gossip about Lady Louise's condition,
What condition? Her eye issue? I can't imagine people bothering to remark about that. Esp. concerning a little girl. I think it's wondeful she will be a part of the bridal party. I'm looking forward to seeing her too.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

I know.. the criticism about that issue bothers me as well!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:32 AM
Commoner

I don't know what has happened here and what has happened before to make the Duchess of Wessex over wrought. Can you imagine what it must be like in her house at the moment, two young children, one of them about to be part of an enormous media event. Lady Louise is 7 years old and she would be so excited, and what parent could deny her participating in this event, because she has issues with her eyes. I know they have shielded their children from the press and no doubt they are frightened of what will be said, let alone what she might do. But I think Lady Louise will have wonderful day and be beautiful flowergirl.

There would be very few mothers who haven't fretted because there child is not the prettiest, or the smartest or read the best etc.

It just occurred to me how cruel dressmakers and fitters can be, a comment like "she is a little tubby" or "hope her hair sits better on the day" can be enough to set an over wrought mother into feral mood. I am sure she will be all smiles and look wonderful on Friday
Old 04-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
What gets me is that so many people don't think that Sophie and Edward have had the best medical advice regarding Louise's eye condition.

Many people here and elsewhere accuse them of being uncaring parents because they haven't had the eye fixed but we also don't know what other problems Louise may have due to the problems of her birth.

I am sure that they have had the best medical advice possible on what to do and when to do it and that they love and care for their daughter a great deal.

I'm sure they have had excellent medical advice; still, sometimes the RF hesitates to utilize what might be considered cosmetic procedures.

For example, Prince Charles has ears that stick out, but his parents did not get them pinned back, a relatively simple process. (But Viscount Linley did have the surgery).
Old 04-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 View Post
Who said HM hears about it? You're also underestitmating how cruel certain people can be when they want to be.

I have a certain Blood Relative that still goes on about what a shame it is that my Cousin's Wedding Pictures aren't as lovely as they could be because of my yellow skin colour due to Kidney Failure. Oh and what a shame my Bridesmaid bouquet couldn't have covered my Dialysis access in my right arm or the needle marks Dialysis left to completely to hide them.

And this Wedding took place in 1992 BTW *and* she says it to my face whenever she gets a chance. Which proves just how stupid she truly is, but also how cruel a person this critter creature is as well.
If you are ever in that relation's presence again, which I hope will not have to happen, and she makes a cruel remark, I hope you respond with simply informing her, "that is a cruel/nasty remark".
Some people need to be hit over the head.

Also, the pix do not look to my like Sophie is berating her employee, looks like she is relating how upset she is to him. which she should have done IN PRIVATE.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Gentry

bodyguard must learn that she is royal and he is footman. i read other royal forum and morons there were so shocked! i do not understand why. as bodyguard his job is to get shot if someone wants to assassinate countess of wessex. maybe his job is too much for him because he looks like little dog only because a woman is a bit hysterical. does not look like real man but like alittle dog. this is my opinion.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Sophie breaks a rib in fall

The Countess of Wessex is determined to attend the wedding despite being involved in a ‘nasty’ riding accident.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

The Countess of Wessex is determined to attend the wedding despite being involved in a ‘nasty’ riding accident.
Ouch, I hope she doesn't suffer so much pain during the wedding but who would want to miss it.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 AM
Moderator Emeritus

It's in a box down underneath the first picture.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Courtier

As a participant in the wedding party of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton, a precious and beautiful 7 year-old HRH Lady (legally,Princess) Louise Wessex will only add to the glow and gracefulness of the wedding of the century. Even the mention of HRH Louise's eye condition, for any reason what-so-ever, is irrelevant, for any reason what-so-ever.
Critiquing by the media and 'commoners' alike, HRH Louise's appearance is probably the reason her parents keep her out of the limelight! I hope shame is cast upon on all who dare critique a little girl. You guys obviously nothing better to do! A child with a complex, develops into an adult with scars that run very deep.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:43 AM
Imperial Majesty

Royal wedding: the Order of Service in full - Telegraph

In this Order of Service for tomorrow I notice that they have Louise's name as The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Now I know that that is her surname but it is nice to see it being used officially occasionally.

THE PROCESSION OF THE BRIDE
Mr Michael Middleton, THE BRIDE
Miss Eliza Lopes, Miss Philippa Middleton, Miss Grace van Cutsem
The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, The Honourable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Master Tom Pettifer, Master William Lowther-Pinkerton
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson

Huh? When I click this- an article on the Duchess of Kent comes up
Old 04-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
As a participant in the wedding party of HRH Prince William of Wales and Miss Catherine Middleton, a precious and beautiful 7 year-old HRH Lady (legally,Princess) Louise Wessex will only add to the glow and gracefulness of the wedding of the century. Even the mention of HRH Louise's eye condition, for any reason what-so-ever, is irrelevant, for any reason what-so-ever.
Critiquing by the media and 'commoners' alike, HRH Louise's appearance is probably the reason her parents keep her out of the limelight! I hope shame is cast upon on all who dare critique a little girl. You guys obviously nothing better to do! A child with a complex, develops into an adult with scars that run very deep.
You are absolutely right. Lady Louise is a perfectly normal child and the fascination of some to treat her as anything else is troublesome.
Old 04-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Huh? When I click this- an article on the Duchess of Kent comes up
Scroll down!
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post

Unfortunate timing!
Old 04-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Gentry

I loved the contrast in the photos of the bridesmaids arriving for the rehearsal--Lady Louise dressed very much as the Queen would have been at the same age and Margarita Armstrong-Jones VERY modern in short skirt, etc. Two beautiful girls. While I would imagine Louise's little brother will not attend the ceremony, I do hope we see some of the "little" royals in the official photos--Viscount Severn, Lord Culloden & Lady Cosmia and Nicholas Windsor's adorable boys. When Anne married, Lord Nicholas was in a few of the huge group photos, but taken out for some.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Aristocracy

concerning the rib break OMG!
well its written in the blue box on the right

and btw: where are the rehearsal pics, please:)?
Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Countess is beautiful in gala diner :)
Picture details
Picture details
and also Lady Louise in preparation :)
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected