The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Serene Highness

SOPHIE COUNTESS OF WESSEX IS BUGGED BY PHONE SCANDAL

Read more: Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Sophie Countess of Wessex is bugged by phone scandal

Old 02-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

All the royals ought to know that a cell phone is basically a radio and anyone with minimal skills can listen in. It goes without saying that everyone (even we commoners) should only use a land line for stuff you don't want anyone to hear...even though land lines can also be bugged.

Old 02-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Serene Highness

I just read somewhere, think it was the Daily Mail, that Edward&Sophie decided not to get Lady Louise eye condition corrected because of the general anesthesia, but with todays medicine, isn't that a little odd? I mean my grandson was born with a heart condition that has required 5 surgeries&he is only 4. Wouldn't Lady Louise have an easier time in life if her parents had this condition corrected,assuming it can be corrected. I just wondered why they would make that kind of a decision since she will be in the publics eye as she gets older,even if they don't want it now.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I just read somewhere, think it was the Daily Mail, that Edward&Sophie decided not to get Lady Louise eye condition corrected because of the general anesthesia, but with todays medicine, isn't that a little odd? I mean my grandson was born with a heart condition that has required 5 surgeries&he is only 4. Wouldn't Lady Louise have an easier time in life if her parents had this condition corrected,assuming it can be corrected. I just wondered why they would make that kind of a decision since she will be in the publics eye as she gets older,even if they don't want it now.
She won't be in the public eye very much, except the big royal events such as Trooping of the colour, birthdays etc.
Some reports say she has had the correction, some reports say she hasn't.
Old 02-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Administrator

I woudl take anything written in the Daily Mail with a grain of salt.

The fact remains that we don't know if Louise has had surgery or not. I found a lot of the reporting in that particular article to be a little bit insulting (inferring that they didn't have the surgery when there are conflicting reports that the she did or will have it later, saying that pictures weren't taken of Louise at the christening because of her eye, etc.) And of course, the readers just jumped in and bashed Edward and Sophie without knowing all the facts. But that is of course, par for the course with the DM readers.

Old 02-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post

If they have made this decision it would have been made on the best medical advice. Given the troubles with her birth there may very be underlying lung/breathing conditions that could cause a problem with a general anaesthetic.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If they have made this decision it would have been made on the best medical advice. Given the troubles with her birth there may very be underlying lung/breathing conditions that could cause a problem with a general anaesthetic.
Absolutely agree. We the public do not know, and do not need to know, about Louise's health problems. I'm sure Edward and Sophie have taken the best medical advice and who knows, in time to come things may change. It's totally up to them, and Louise.

I found the DM saying that Louise wasn't in James' Christening pic to be insulting too.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Nobility

I'm sure Louise was in some christening photos

not just the one that was released to the public.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:14 AM
Gentry

isn't it funny that we have waited and hoped for months to catch a glimpse of Lady Louise and now she will be protagonist in one of the most photographed days of history?
Old 02-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvr girl View Post
not just the one that was released to the public.

Exactly - they released what - two or three photos - one with the parents and one with the godparents/grandparents I think.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks everyone for your answers, here in the states we get little to no information about the Wessex and I was just wondering if anyone heard anything else regarding her condition. You guys are correct, there maybe underlaying issues regarding her health that made them make the decision, if they actually did. They seem like very loving parents so I am sure they are looking out for both their children with the best intentions, I just wondered if it had been talked about or reported anywhere else. Thanks again
Old 02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
isn't it funny that we have waited and hoped for months to catch a glimpse of Lady Louise and now she will be protagonist in one of the most photographed days of history?
Indeed. I'm quite happy for the little girl, how exciting all this must be for her! Hope she'll enjoy herself to the full!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I am missing something here, is Lady Louise part of Kate's bridal party?
Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 AM
Majesty

Yes, it's been announced that she's to be one of the little bridesmaids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I am missing something here, is Lady Louise part of Kate's bridal party?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

How Wonderful!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Aristocracy

Anna Nicole Smith's little daughter is quite cute and has some similar, or perhaps the same, problem with one of her eyes. They did surgery, she had to wear a little patch on her eye for a while, then it seemed much better. Recently though it seems it has reverted a bit, but she is not much older than a toddler. Prince E's daughter is about seven? So I think people wonder why she can't have her eyes fixed. Perhaps besides surgery she would need to be old enough to make an effort, or do some sort of physiotherapy with her eyes to strengthen them? I can only imagine the teasing though she is or will be getting from schoolmates . Kids are not generally very kind about those things.

I do not see any problem with "the public" being concerned about Louise and her eye condition/health. Many parents love nothing better than discussing their children, and so I can imagine Prince Edward would appreciate the empathy and interest in his daughter as long as it does not become too intrusive....

A question: when I do a photo search online pictures come up stating they are James' christening (even if I search for Louise's photo) and if they are captioned correctly (and it is him and not Louise) he had, or has, a similar eye problem as well. Does anyone have access to photos from both christenings to compare?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Administrator

On February 14, the Earl of Wessex as Patron of the New Marlowe Theatre Campaign
visited the theatre site at the Friars, Canterbury, a reception of the campaign followed
in the afternoon.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

** thisiskent.co.uk: Prince Edward drops in to visit building work on new Marlowe Theatre **
Old 02-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Louise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Exactly - they released what - two or three photos - one with the parents and one with the godparents/grandparents I think.
Although not a baptismal photo, here is a sweet photo of the family.
Lady Louise Windsor: Prince Edward

Forgive me if this has been posted earlier.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:22 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for that photo though KittyAtlanta!

I like the way Prince Edward has his hand on her back and is looking down with fatherly concern. If I even try to cross my eyes for a moment I become very dizzy, my vision heavily impaired so I have to marvel how she seems to walk so well?
Old 02-19-2011, 08:44 AM
Heir Apparent

They both seem like very good, warm parents to me.

Closed Thread