Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Countess looks very gorgeous. The red illuminates her skin and beautiful blond hair. Wow.

Sophie looks totally gorgeous I just love her hair and the red is just amazing on her. The photos of Louise are really cute thanks for posting.

Really? So this worse then Diana's Panorama interview, or Fergie's toe sucking incident or Charles admitting adultery, Prince Harry's drunken pics ....I could go on and on- honestly it's pretty tame in that sense......

Sorry to be a few days late in response but I don't always have time to check things out, and I've just noticed this.

Diana's interview was in response, really, to Charles' earlier one. Fergie's toe sucking incident was in private and thus outside the realm of unacceptable public behaviour. Harry's drunken pics were not good but he earned some licence as the stupid behaviour of a silly young man.

No member of the royal family has ever lost their temper and berated an underling in public before. Not one. Not ever.

concerning the rib break OMG!
well its written in the blue box on the right ;)

and btw: where are the rehearsal pics, please:)?

Do people think this horse-riding accident excuse is valid or just a matter of covering up for bad behavior with her protection officer on Monday (the same day as the claimed accident). I have no idea....just asking:ermm:

Polly said:
Sorry to be a few days late in response but I don't always have time to check things out, and I've just noticed this.

Diana's interview was in response, really, to Charles' earlier one. Fergie's toe sucking incident was in private and thus outside the realm of unacceptable public behaviour. Harry's drunken pics were not good but he earned some licence as the stupid behaviour of a silly young man.

No member of the royal family has ever lost their temper and berated an underling in public before. Not one. Not ever.

So..you agree with the post I was responding to that it was the worst behaviour seen by a family member in 50 years? I didn't say it was good but my examples were by far worse/more inappropriate IMO

none photo os little james?

Do people think this horse-riding accident excuse is valid or just a matter of covering up for bad behavior with her protection officer on Monday (the same day as the claimed accident). I have no idea....just asking:ermm:
No, I do not! How could she plan to fall off a horse the same day as the bad press?

Royal wedding: the Order of Service in full - Telegraph

In this Order of Service for tomorrow I notice that they have Louise's name as The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor.

Now I know that that is her surname but it is nice to see it being used officially occasionally.

THE PROCESSION OF THE BRIDE
Mr Michael Middleton, THE BRIDE
Miss Eliza Lopes, Miss Philippa Middleton, Miss Grace van Cutsem
The Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor, The Honourable Margarita Armstrong-Jones
Master Tom Pettifer, Master William Lowther-Pinkerton

I noticed this too. What I thought was most odd is that in the press release naming her as a bridesmaid, she was listed as The Lady Louise Windsor. This seems very odd to me and a discrepancy that usually doesn't happen with these types of things.

I noticed this too. What I thought was most odd is that in the press release naming her as a bridesmaid, she was listed as The Lady Louise Windsor. This seems very odd to me and a discrepancy that usually doesn't happen with these types of things.

I suspect the press release used the House name, which is "Windsor", and later on they decided to add the Mountbatten even though it isn't really their official surname (since she is technically a Princess and the LP that the Queen issued re the surname only cover non-royal male-line descendants of the Queen which there haven't been any yet). Same reason why Prince Charles and Princess Anne signed their wedding registry with "Mountbatten-Windsor" as their surname, even though they're not technically Mountbatten-Windsor. :flowers:

A nice gesture to Prince Philip, for sure.:flowers:

Royal_Eagle said:
Same reason why Prince Charles and Princess Anne signed their wedding registry with "Mountbatten-Windsor" as their surname, even though they're not technically Mountbatten-Windsor.

Hmmmm for season I thought Charles had actually only signed Charles....?

Hmmmm for season I thought Charles had actually only signed Charles....?

I think he only signs Charles, but I believe when his name was typed onto the license he was listed as Mountbatten-Windsor

:previous:Oh, I wish they wouldn't do this type of appearance. I'm as common as dirt and I wouldn't do it. What was EofW thinking!!!

I suspect the press release used the House name, which is "Windsor", and later on they decided to add the Mountbatten even though it isn't really their official surname (since she is technically a Princess and the LP that the Queen issued re the surname only cover non-royal male-line descendants of the Queen which there haven't been any yet). Same reason why Prince Charles and Princess Anne signed their wedding registry with "Mountbatten-Windsor" as their surname, even though they're not technically Mountbatten-Windsor. :flowers:

A nice gesture to Prince Philip, for sure.:flowers:

This wasn't in the press but in the official wedding programme I think it is safe to say that that is her official name. This was the programme that was released by BP for the use by the public and congregation.

Do you really think that they official wedding programme would get the name of the Queen's granddaughter wrong?

What's wrong with it? The Earl has been involved with film production. This seems like a natural fit for him. Royalty has always supported the arts. Of course, I'm not familiar with "Film Without Borders".

:previous:Oh, I wish they wouldn't do this type of appearance. I'm as common as dirt and I wouldn't do it. What was EofW thinking!!!

Last edited:

They enjoy films and go to premieres also Edward at one time had his own production company.

The Earl of Wessex as Colonel of The London Regiment presented Commendations to members
of The London Regiment at the Ypres Company Homecoming Medal Parade and Reception in
London following operational tours in Afghanistan, 8 May 2011.

** Pic **

did his children have a go choosing his tie or is it some tradition? lol

did his children have a go choosing his tie or is it some tradition? lol

I love Edward's tie choices. They are always amusing. I'd like to pretend that it his children who pick them out, haha!

I adore that picture of the Queen and Louise. It's just such a Granny thing to do. :eek:D

Great pictures. I love it when we see them out and about as a Family enjoying themselves. :eek:)

edited to add...Ooops!! I obviously posted w/out seeing Zonk's posting. Sorry Zonk!! :ermm:

Last edited:
Thanks for these. Picture 2 is a lovely photo of Sophie. I do believe Sophie is one of those women who has gotten "better with age". She's always been pretty, but as she's gotten older she has become really pretty.

Thanks for these. Picture 2 is a lovely photo of Sophie. I do believe Sophie is one of those women who has gotten "better with age". She's always been pretty, but as she's gotten older she has become really pretty.

I totally agree with you :flowers:.Wonderful pictures
The Countess is always smiling and looks relaxed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom