The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Heir Apparent

You are right Thena and though I didn't want to comment here as I could see it going on and on, this is normal well in the parts of India I visited and not just for royalty and so on. It is a job good not good I cannot say but it's what happened in my experience anyway.

Old 10-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Heir Apparent

^ So, it's a job indeed, just like I had guessed. Thanks for confirming this! I see nothing wrong then and I also agree with the poster who said that P Edward knows better. Besides, he would never insult anyone.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:45 AM
Administrator

Agreed, seen from this angle, it's acceptable and not as worse as it seemed
from the first observation!

The games are over now, the next ones will take place in Glasgow, Scotland's
biggest city, in 2014.

Prince Edward addresses the XIX Commonwealth Games closing ceremony at
Jawarharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi on October 14, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife/gettyimages **
Old 10-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Iceflower, I thought of the same thing when I first saw the picture. There are professions that appear more 'derogatory' than the others, that's for sure. Pedicurists come to mind, when I think of it. But it's a job, people make a living this or that way. It's just that some people were not that lucky in this regard or they didn't learn to do something that appears more 'decent' or 'respectable'.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
Iceflower, I thought of the same thing when I first saw the picture. There are professions that appear more 'derogatory' than the others, that's for sure. Pedicurists come to mind, when I think of it. But it's a job, people make a living this or that way. It's just that some people were not that lucky in this regard or they didn't learn to do something that appears more 'decent' or 'respectable'.
It's just not an image that India or Prince Edward needs to have flashed around the world right now
Old 10-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Heir Apparent

^ Good point Ada! I haven't thought about that.
Old 10-29-2010, 04:11 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Prince Edward officially opens Pavilion Dance centre in Bournemouth (From Bournemouth Echo)

Hip-hop dancers showed the Earl of Wessex the latest moves as he officially opened a multi-million-pound venue in Bournemouth.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Heir Apparent

So Edward had a free lesson there - hope he learned the steps well. Thanks for sharing, Wbenson!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 AM
Majesty

This was good too see. It's so nice that these young people have something creative to do. Thank you for posting, wbenson. BTW Prince Edward strikes me as being more self-conscious than his siblings, almost like he doesn't know quite what to do with his hands. Perhaps it's shyness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
Prince Edward officially opens Pavilion Dance centre in Bournemouth (From Bournemouth Echo)

Hip-hop dancers showed the Earl of Wessex the latest moves as he officially opened a multi-million-pound venue in Bournemouth.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:42 AM
Courtier

Edward attended classes to help him talk in public and to actually stop him from gesturing with his hands. Occasionally notably the more excited he is, he talks too fast and starts gesturing.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Edward attended classes to help him talk in public and to actually stop him from gesturing with his hands. Occasionally notably the more excited he is, he talks too fast and starts gesturing.
I didn't know he had attended such classes. Good for him, though there's nothing wrong in being more natural and even spontaneous, IMO.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Majesty

I see. That's interesting. So I was noticing some self-consciousness then. Sophie seems much more relaxed in public. I wonder whether that's why Prince William sometimes rushes his words together as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Aristocracy

have you already seen the pic of sophie?

Gallery
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
have you already seen the pic of sophie?

Gallery
Really lovely photo. She is quite an asset to the family, and I'll bet HM appreciates her presence at these events.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorgirl View Post
Really lovely photo. She is quite an asset to the family, and I'll bet HM appreciates her presence at these events.
We know she does. HM appreciates Sophie in general and we also know that the two women have a rather warm relationship. Sophie looks lovely in this photo. Have we seen this grey dress before? In Ascot perhaps? Does anyone remember?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Aristocracy

i don t think i saw it in ascot, but prove me wrong
Old 11-01-2010, 04:30 PM
Gentry

Sophie never gets it wrong...I just love her style
Old 11-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Administrator

The Earl of Wessex is in Georgia and attended several events today, November
5, 2010. After having opened a new building of the British Embassy yesterday,
he met with representatives of the Georgian government and British businessmen
working in the country. An exhibition, a visit to the Commonwealth War Graves
have been part of the programme as well as a meeting with Georgian President
Mikheil Saakashvili at the Presidential Palace in Tbillisi.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **
Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 AM
Courtier

Article about Lady Louise's 7th Birthday.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Columnists :: Lady Louise Windsor celebrates seventh birthday
Old 11-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

P Edward is doing a fantastic job, IMO. Thank you for the new photos, Iceflower! I think he looks quite dashing in the second pic!

Closed Thread