Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see Sophie back at work. She appears to be well liked, and does not ever seem to put a foot wrong other than the unfortunate incident with the fake sheikh. She ahs worked hard to rebuild her royal life since.

I absolutely love this video. Quiet a funny story behind it, it appears that it has been decided by the powers that be that you are going to see little if any press about minors royals from now on - everyone under Princess Eugenie will no longer be reported on, by the press and by the press office. Apparently the Queen however asked that this video be made and placed online.

YouTube - The Countess of Wessex in Paderborn, Germany

This is an excellent video in that it shows some insight into what Sophie or other Colonels-in-Chief actually do during a Royal visit. She seems to be such a cheery person--although I wonder whether she was thinking of her own children when she was stroking that baby's head.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the newspapers received the memo that they're to stop reporting on the Wessexes and the other minor royals, and how much difference it'll make to them.

I like Sophie alot. She's the down to earth of all the Windsors.

I just saw Edward on BBC, he's apparently greeted our athletes back from Paralympic games. I'm very impressed with our results, hope the athletes will be honoured in some way by the Government and the Queen.

Earl of Wessex to visit RAF Henlow

His Royal Highness the Earl of Wessex will be carrying out a Royal Review of the RAF Police tomorrow (Friday) at the headquarters of the RAF Police at RAF Henlow.
Prince Edward's review will include a parade, followed by a series of capability demonstrations from RAF police dogs.

This engagments was about two weeks back. You can see footage of the event at the same news site.

Thanks! I wanted to post the footage of Prince Edward greeting Paralympians but posted this old news instead. I'll try to find the link again.

I can just see coverage of Christmas and Easter- 'Let's take photos only of the Senior royals now, be careful not to get and minor ones!' :lol: No more pictures of Princess Michael, no Freddy, Gabriella, the Linleys, Gloucesters, PUHLEASE! It ain't happening!

Not really a current event but... I saw Edward today in the street, near Clarence House (in front of commonwealth conference centre). He looks taller, a lot thinner and way more handsome in real-life. There were no bodyguards, just a friend (I suppose, although it looked more like a business associate) he was talking to.

That sounds like quite a current event to me!!:flowers: Edward's one of the BRF whom I'd travel to see--within reason. I wouldn't go out of the province or anything like that. I've always found him interesting.

Pics from IBL
Sophie, Countess of Wessex and Prince Edward Music on Fire! Gala Concert, given by the Army Benevolent Fund at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, Camberley, Britain - 18 Sep 2008 .
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

thanks giov :flowers:. the countess looks elegante in this dress , i like here apearence , :wub:..
i think this is her first official engagement after the birth of her sone ,she is slowly going back to her royal duties.

Pics 12.9.2008

It's great to see the couple attending an official event again
- thanks a lot for the link, giov :flowers:

Here are some pics from last Friday:
Sophie Countess of Wessex walks to the town hall after the opening
of a day care activity centre and Toddler Town at Leeds City Museum. 12/09/2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

She does look thinner, yes. I think that she's even more beautiful than she was 10 years ago, though. I remember seeing her in the skirt that matches that top and thinking what a grand outfit it was, though it looks nice with the black skirt as well.:flowers:

Sophie's my favourite Royal lady next to the Queen. She just keeps getting better and better.:flowers:

Not really a current event but... I saw Edward today in the street, near Clarence House (in front of commonwealth conference centre). He looks taller, a lot thinner and way more handsome in real-life. There were no bodyguards, just a friend (I suppose, although it looked more like a business associate) he was talking to.

There are times I wish that I could smack Edward. I am afraid that he takes liberties with his personal freedom with no regard for the risks. The other day he was walking that dogs in Hyde Park with no bodyguard in sight. No even a month ago, a terrorist was found with plans of all the royal homes including Bagshot Park, and he is personally mentioned as a target. He must really start thinking about his family, and by that I mean Sophie and the kids.

Unless no one knows of his plans to walk his dogs, I doubt he's in real danger.
I actually noticed him because he was right in front of me. Pretty much everyone else didn't even cast a second glance at him. He was just another man walking down the street.

Pics 23.9.2008

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends the launch of 'Changing the
World' at the Royal Festival Hall, London, Britain - 23 Sep 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

As long as he doesn't walk the dogs at the same time everyday.:ermm: Besides, just because the bodyguards aren't visible doesn't mean they're not there or that he isn't wearing a tracking device.:flowers:

Unless no one knows of his plans to walk his dogs, I doubt he's in real danger.
I actually noticed him because he was right in front of me. Pretty much everyone else didn't even cast a second glance at him. He was just another man walking down the street.

She definitely grows on you I think since she became a full time royal and has just been getting on with it we like her more and more;)

She definitely grows on you I think since she became a full time royal and has just been getting on with it we like her more and more;)

I agree 100%.

I have to say I too agree I really like her.

It might sound strange, but I always liked her. Even through the "fake sheik" business and her courtship and engagement to Edward. My feeling was that there was more to her than the grasping social climber/mini-Diana (take your pick) that she was portrayed as.:flowers:

Diddo. :lol: Glad to see others coming over.

I agree with all, I have come from not much of an opinion of Sophie to think she is a great asset to the royal family. Beautiful too. At the moment she is, after the Queen, the member of the BRF I like the most.

At long last we get to see some pictures of Lady Louise. (The ones of James have already appeared in the press.)
As for fotographers only concentrating in senior royals, what a shame! There are so many interesting "minor" royals such as the Linleys, Lady Helen, Lady Sarah Chatto as well as those gorgeous young people Frederic and Gabrielle. I hope the press will do the great pleasure of showing them to us in their normal functions.

I'm sorry, but what pictures of Lady Louise? Have some been posted elsewhere? Please let me know where they are as I'd love to see her.:flowers:

Pics of Ascot race yesterday, they appear have done this every year with the benifits going to the Wessex Youth Fund. This year Rex features was invited to take pics - and here we have two whole pages of the event.

Rex Features

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom