Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Earl and Countess of Wessex attended the Queen's traditional Christmas Party today. The Countess of Wessex drove from Windsor with James, Louise and a nanny to Buckingham Palace. Two hours later Sophie drove herself and the kids out, minutes later Prince Edward and a bodyguard drove out with the luggage and Christmas presents.
I presume that they are enroute to Windsor or Bagshot to begin preparations to go up to Norfolk.

I was thinking as I looked at those photos that any other woman would look frumpy in that dress. It looks great on Sophie, though.:flowers:

PIcs 19.12.2008

The Christmas meeting at Ascot, Berkshire, Britain - 19 Dec 2008:
Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex, attended the meeting
for The Wessex Youth Trust 'National Hunt' Maiden Hurdle Race.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I really like the first pic. It's wonderful to see Edward and Sophie still so happy together after 9 year's marriage.

Pic 2 is Sophie with her nephew, Oliver Rhys-Jones. It is nive that the Ryhs-Jones are often invited to small events by the Wessexs.

That's a beautiful picture, but it would be so nice to see their little family too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that they didn't include the children in the Christmas card tells me that we will have to get used to the idea that these are two grandchildren of the Queen that we will rarely see at all.
I know we don't see them all that much now - maybe once a year, but I think that is all that we can hope for.
I hope that Louise is seen at Christmas but I wouldn't be surprised if she is taken to church through a back entrance so that she isn't on public display.

I think that they are just a little to silly about not letting the public see the children. I don't think that they have to show pictures all the time but I am starting to think that something is really wrong with them or maybe the children.

I can understand their desire for a private life but it would be lovely to see Lady Louise at Christmas with the rest of her family. Surely going in and out of back doors only serves to make her feel different instead of normal. Her cousins and other family all walk down together but she can't?

The Wessexes seem to be having a great time at the Race. I hope that they come to my part of the world sometime. I'd like to see them in person.:wub:

I really like the card it reflects who they a solid couple who inspite of this moderately high profile still desire privacy and are committed to keeping their children out of the English press and all the hateful things that go along with that. I like tha colour on Sophie.

I like your way of looking at this. Edward and Sophie aren't caving into pressure and are doing things as they see fit. They're doing what seems best for their children, and that's okay. I like Sophie in this shade of blue as well.:flowers:

No, I doubt anything is wrong with any of them, though I agree it's a little absurd how far they carry the whole "private life" thing. I mean, they do have a very good and solid private life. Who expects Prince Edward and Sophie to flaunt themselves and their kids? No one, at least I don't expect them to "display" their kids like "Fergie" always did with her girls. I like how Edward and Sophie keep their kids out of the spotlight. I totally respect that. But I agree with you and CRM.... letting them be in the xmas card and walking with the family at Sandringham would be so harmless. I mean, the Linleys and Chattos let their kids walk along. Poor Louise and James will have to be "different" like crm says. It's just unnecessary, imo.

I agree with you, yes they always said that they wanted the children to have a private up bringing, but I think being in the royal family, it won't hurt for us to see the children once in a while. I see that other royal family's still let eveyone see their children and still have a private up bring. Going to place and sneaking the kids through back doors and what not is very strange thing.

Fully agreed, the odd picture of the family together would not do any harm.

I think that it is so sad that they do not even include the children in their christmas cards. I would feel so bad when I grew up knowing that my parents would not even put me in their christmas card! I think that sometimes people do carry things just a bit to far and this is one case.

I think they have observed the scrutiny that their nieces and nephews have undergone; even Princess Anne's children who are not titled receive a great deal of attention. This is probably why they may go a little too far in guarding their children's privacy.

I dont mind the fact that Edward and Sophie want to bring up James and Louise out of the public eye as they will never have a future royal public royal but there are some occassions when they should be seen - take for example Chritsmas Day walk to church each year we the Linleys and the Chattos walking with their children whilst the rest of the year we very very rarely see then (this is fine) but Louise has never walked to church (nor have we seen her going in a car), james of course at only 1 is far too young but she is now 5 and should attend with the rest of the family. This is a family day and surely a few pictures will not harm their priavcy too much because the more they "hide" the children away the more the rumours grow and the more there is the need for pictures

I really see both sides of this discussion but the Queen seems to be OK with it all (looks at the fond smile she gives Sophie ourside church) so I guess they have the Queens blessing on keeping Louise out of the limelight. Who knows, there could be a very good reason that we don't know about and it is rather none of our business (although would really enjoy knowing).

I...the more they "hide" the children away the more the rumours grow and the more there is the need for pictures
What rumours are you referring to?

I rarely see any mention of the Wessexes, except on fora like this one, so am surprised to hear that there are rumours about their children at all.

I do read all the British papers online and don't see any rumours at all and I do have a number of friends in Britain and all they ever say about the Wessexes is 'Who are they?'

If there are rumours, I have to say I haven't heard any except on here. Just because Sophie and Edward have chosen not to put their children on public display, to satisfy the curiosity of some 'royal watchers', who are we to go against the parents wishes. Those of us who are parents wouldn't like to be dictated to by total strangers over the decisions that are ours and ours alone.

If Sophie and Edward choose to share their children with the watchers at some point, be grateful, if not respect their privacy as any one of us would expect.

This one photo that shows Sophie leaving Peter Phillips´ wedding in a car with a little girl - this girl IMO wasn´t Louise but Margareta Linley
IMO this talk about keeping their privacy is an excuse for not showing Louise in public because of her eyes - it´s ridiculous: I´ m sure we will never ever see this girl f.i. attending christmas in Sandringham
And therefore of course they won´t show little James as well

Given how cruel the tabloids can be, I wouldn't put it above them to make "witty" :)rolleyes:) headlines about Lady Louise's eye problem. If I were Sophie, I'd want to keep my little girl safe as well.:flowers:

This one photo that shows Sophie leaving Peter Phillips´ wedding in a car with a little girl - this girl IMO wasn´t Louise but Margareta Linley

No the photo was of Louise because Margarita stood on the steps of St George's that day whilst Louise didnt also in Hello you can see that Louise was in a red/orange dress whilst Margarita was in a white dress - the girl in the girl wasnt wearing a white dress

I thought the Queen kept Princes Andrew and Edward out of the public eye for much of their childhood. Andrew is a couple of years older than me but I remember an article about him when he was at Gordonstoun and it mentioned that the Queen had hidden him so in his childhood, that there were rumours he was severely handicapped.

This was certainly the rumour during the first year of his life but she showed him on the balcony at the Trooping the Colour in 1961.
There were some photos each year of the young princes but nothing like the numbers there were of Charles and Anne growing up.
She was certainly more protective of her younger sons.

It was diffinitely Louise in the car with Sophie, Margarita was at the wedding, She wore a different colour dress and her hair is longer, curlier and was worn differently than Louise's.
Louise's hair had been put back with butterfly clips.

I don't see a link to this picture anywhere. Does anyone have one?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom