Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of the pics from yesterday in a bigger version :)

27 Sep 2008 : Prince Edward and Sophie Countess of Wessex attend
a lunch in support of the Wessex Youth Trust and presented the
Queen Elizabeth II stakes trophy.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Her Royal Highness (Royal Colonel) meets soldiers and army families from 5th Battalion The Rifles on her first engagement since the birth of her son, Viscount Severn, in December 2007. The engagement took place on 10 and 11 September 2008

YouTube - The Countess of Wessex in Paderborn, Germany

So we don t know where they spend their holidays this year? at least i haven t found any photos yet?

Pics 9.10.2008

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends a reception for World Sight Day,
The Manor Hotel, Berkshire, Britain - 09 Oct 2008
Sophie is Patron of the Lions Clubs, an international network of men
and women who participate in a diverse variety of projects within their
local communities and internationally; the organisation is particularly
known for working to end preventable blindness.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I remember the skirt from last year, but I can't remember having
seen her with glasses before, she obviously needs them for driving.

She looks great, and I like this outfit! The Lions Club do very good work. There's one not a quarter-mile from where I live. Perhaps Sophie will show up there one day.:wub: I can dream, can't I? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot for that, sydney00 :flowers:
Now as you've said so, I also remember pics of her wearing
glasses, for example before her marriage. Maybe she only
needs them for details as you've mentioned or she even has
contact lenses the other days..:)

So lets get this right, about a decade ago the Press was always going on about Edward being gay. At least what all of this demonstrates is that he was just a normal red blooded male, and had a string of women to add to the notches on his bedpost. Well done, Eddie!

Prince Edward gay? Nope.
Prince Albert (of Monaco) gay? Nope.

It's interesting how spectacularly wrong those rumors turned out to be.

This is interesting. It is a grammatical error in the way Prince Edward's titles were written but if you look at the webpage of Ocean Youth Trust - it would appear that Baby James Windsor has his first patronage. Look right at the bottom.
OCEAN YOUTH CLUB / TRUST: portal site

Pics 15.10.2008

Nice new pics of Sophie:

Sophie, The Countess of Wessex, visits the Royal British Legion
Poppy Factory in Richmond, London, October 15, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

good choice to wear red Sophie for visiting the Royal British Legion poppy factory

its great to see her back to work and carrying out a good number of engagements - she was missed during her extended maternity leave

Yes, I totally agree on both points. Hopefully we'll see more of Sophie and her red suit now that Christmas is approaching.:)

good choice to wear red Sophie for visiting the Royal British Legion poppy factory

its great to see her back to work and carrying out a good number of engagements - she was missed during her extended maternity leave

Is there any engagements that Sophie Countess of Wessex has planned?
It seems that the Wessex's have been quiet.

C of W doesn't seem to have done much this year, the reason seems to be maternity leave, but she would have a nanny. And there has been no corresponding reduction in the Wessex's annual allowance. However, when she does have an engagement she is wonderful.

Actually Sophie is doing a number of engagements going into the Christmas season. They just aren't covered by the media.:whistling:
Take a look at the engagment section at the official website.

Yes, she seems to be getting busier from 10th September, but a nice long maternity leave nevertheless

In the UK, you can have maternity leave of up to 1 year. Sophie had less than that.

Thankyou Muriel. There is maternity leave of up to 1 year in Aussie too, but usually it is unpaid leave

Yes, she seems to be getting busier from 10th September, but a nice long maternity leave nevertheless

... including some early medical problems! Come on, I'd rather she takes care of her little ones and gives them as much attention and care as possible. IMO she could have stayed with her kids even longer. There are other royals who could easily handle some more duties, just think of the PB and PE!

Yes, I think so too. People forget how much trouble Sophie had with her first couple of pregnancies, and I suppose that it takes longer for an older mother to recover from childbirth anyway.

The American billionaire who sponsored last night’s £10million Twenty20 cricket extravaganza is at the centre of a row over his knighthood.

Texan-born billionaire Sir Allen Stanford’s corporate website claims that, after he became a citizen of the Commonwealth territory of Antigua, it appointed him a ‘Knight Commander of the Most Distinguished Order of the Nation

Palace row over cricket's Sir Allen knighthood | Mail Online

Thankyou Muriel. There is maternity leave of up to 1 year in Aussie too, but usually it is unpaid leave

Whether Sophie was paid or not whilst on maternity leave is an entirely private matter between her and the Queen. Sophie and Edward do not receive any state financing. The Civil List payments on their account are repaid by the Queen, so in effect, the Wessex's are funded by the Queen and not the state.

The American billionaire who sponsored last night’s £10million Twenty20 cricket extravaganza is at the centre of a row over his knighthood.

Sad that Edward has been drawn into this, when all he did was simply attend the function.

Yes. At least the paper makes it clear that Prince Edward didn't do anything wrong, he was simply at the function and his name was used by the honoree.:)

Sad that Edward has been drawn into this, when all he did was simply attend the function.

Quite a busy weekend for Edward and Sophie -
Edward will be taken the salute walk pass by the territory army, as well as giving a reading at the Rememberance Day service.
It is also Louise's 5th Birthday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom