The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

This weekend, Prince Edward is visiting Portugal, in order to preside over the prize-giving ceremony of the Infante D. Henrique 2009 Award (the Portuguese equivalent to the Duke of Edinburgh Awards).

See more here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post958410

Old 06-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Edward in Algarve, Portugal.
Gallery Prisma
Derechos EspaƱa: El Principe Edward en el torneo de Golf de Algarve - Agencia Prisma

Old 07-03-2009, 04:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
I love Sophie and everything about her these photos are just lovely and the blue she is wearing really suits the occasion thanks for posting
C of W looks lovely but isn't this blue outfit the one she wore two days ago to ascot? And looking a little bit creased across the front. I know, the recession and all that, but this is too harsh a reminder.
Old 07-04-2009, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sophie Wessex's PR firm is shut down with £1.7m debts... and she's paid back just £5,000 | Mail Online

not paying your debts reflects badly on all of the Royals, I think.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quite right.
"Buckingham Palace refused to comment"
Of course they did, comment on a royal not paying taxes. I didn't even know that Sophie's company was still running.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Majesty

Isn't Sophie's company a limited partnership? As such, she's not completely responsible for paying back everything owed. A limited partnership is just that--limited. The Daily Mail is known for putting the worst possible spin on everything. I'd like to see a report in another paper before I take this particular "spin" as the truth.
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

can not find anything from the other papers on internet.......
Old 07-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Isn't Sophie's company a limited partnership? As such, she's not completely responsible for paying back everything owed. A limited partnership is just that--limited.
Even a Limited Company has a moral responsibility to pay it's debts, especially to the small businesses that might struggle with non payment by it's debtors.
It is apparently in other media outlets.

Creditors left out of pocket as Royal's PR firm goes under | The Sun |News|Royals

What is of concern, if true is the following
Quote:
she personally guaranteed a £175,000 loan for the failed business from Barclays, despite promising the Queen that she had stepped away from its day-to-day running
Quote:
The Countess said she would 'cease to have any connection' with R-JH. But she continued to attend board meetings before the firm collapsed in 2006.
A source added: 'Sophie was on the phone to the office two or three times a week and was often called in to give her input. R-JH was Sophie's baby.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

But that is The Sun, why are not the serious newspapers writing an alinea about it. Perhaps next week
Old 07-05-2009, 05:50 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Sun has led with some interesting stories in the past, so I would not immediately discount them. Sophie Wessex, to a large proportion on Brits, is simply not news and companies collapsing owing money is no longer news in these days of the recession. I also found in my folders this story regarding the debts from 2007, Business Diary: A royal rumpus that is getting Countess of Wessex a bad press - Telegraph

If I have time later, I will check the Finance sections.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

I found in the Dutch newspaper Volkskrant a referral to an article by the columnist Gove in the Sunday Times in 1999,

Sophie received $ 410.000 from BMW in order to promote their Rover 75 car and posed next to the car at a car show in Frankfurt (can not find the original article). That would go a way towards creditors

Pr-stunt Sophie - Archief - de Volkskrant

The Sunday Times Mirror Magazine Section
Old 07-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Earl and Countess are currently visiting Guernsey:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/9364-e...isit-guernsey/
Old 07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Courtier

Edward and Sophie seem to be doing a lot of joint engagements lately.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Pics 9.7.2009

Countess Sophie, Grand President of St John Ambulance,
attended a special tea party at Haseley Manor, Arreton
and visited St Catherine’s School, Ventnor, July 9, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Here's an article about it, that has a large gallery of pics:

Countess backs ambulance appeal ** gallery **
Old 07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Today, Sophie was in Germany:

The Countess of Wessex, Royal Colonel of Fifth Battalion The
Rifles, visits the Regiment in Paderborn, Germany, July 14, 2009

Here's an article with a small pic:

Countess presents medals to troops
Old 07-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Majesty

Sophie looks great, but my first thought was that her outfit was one like the Queen Mother would wear!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Wasn't that a mix - or maybe the whole outfit - of one of her outfits, she wore on this years Royal Ascot? She looks gorgeous.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:59 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sophie looks great, but my first thought was that her outfit was one like the Queen Mother would wear!
Or a 'godmother', isn't that what the CO wanted?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Majesty

Yes, I think that she does look "gorgeous", as you say. She looks wonderful in blue. The turned-back brim and the dress-and-coat combination is what reminded me of the Queen Mother. I certainly wasn't saying that Sophie looked like an elderly lady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Wasn't that a mix - or maybe the whole outfit - of one of her outfits, she wore on this years Royal Ascot? She looks gorgeous.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dierna23 View Post
Indeed she did wear it at Ascot before, and it's a really wonderful
combination. Here are some more pics from yesterday. I especially
like the one with the child, but the others are nice as well

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn