Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice pictures! Sophie looks great, and I love how affectionately they're looking at each other as they hold the flowers. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely photos of Sophie and Edward with the flowers - nice to see them happy 10 years on. It was definitely nice to see Lady Louise - she's a pretty child with those curly, golden locks.

very nice pictures of the couple !i love sophie's smile she is a charming women !
im glad to see the couple happy ,they had some problems in the begining , but they still in love and they are now a wonderfull family :)
may they continue to have more happy years together :)

I love Sophie and everything about her these photos are just lovely and the blue she is wearing really suits the occasion thanks for posting

The British are very odd they complain when they pay the royal's travel and accommodation and they complain when others pay it. As long as the guy donates to the charity, is what I say.

Never actually understand this whole argument actually. William and Kate recently went on holiday paid for by Sol Kerzer. hotel guru, no complaints only comments about them living the high life, the celebrity way. Oh and there is a girl cashing in her royal connection. The party invites, the freebies, the car and of course all the free stuff she gets from every one.
What about Zara Philips - those sponsorships deal when all the others have been revoked oh yes don't worry about her current rnaking she is the Queen's grand daughter.
Oh yes, then there was all Diana's freebies, dresses and such. I diffinitely no conflict of interest there.
Prince Charles' whole little cottage industry, absolutely no conflict of interest there.
Lets not even talk about Sarah Ferguson, Peter Philips and Chelsey Davies.

The question should be who doesn't cash in on their royal connections. The only fault Sophie and Edward made was that they are not in the 'in club.' I have always found the media two faced when it comes to the royals - some behaviour is accepted by some (such as Charles' business) while the exact same behaviour is not accepted by others. It has nothing to do with the actual thing only how good your spindocter is and how good your breasts look.

Claire I completely agree with you I am so over the media and the misery they cause. I do wish and hope that at some stage they leave Edward and Sophie alone but that is too wishful. This apalling and ongoing attack on them by these media sources who don't know what they want but are happy to complain til they find out are so horrifying to me.

Oh and there is a girl cashing in her royal connection. The party invites, the freebies, the car and of course all the free stuff she gets from every one.
Do you actually have anything to support these assertions Claire? Anything at all on the 'freebees, because try as I might, I haven't found any evidence to support your claim.
What about Zara Philips - those sponsorships deal when all the others have been revoked
They have? Any links at all to support this one either?
Prince Charles' whole little cottage industry, absolutely no conflict of interest there.
The Duchy isn't an invention of Charles', here you can read the facts as you possibly don't know them. The Duchy of Cornwall as you are trying to compare the two scenarios.
Lets not even talk about Sarah Ferguson, Peter Philips and Chelsey Davies.
Lets not as neither Sarah nor Chelsy Davey are members of the royal family.:whistling:
some behaviour is accepted by some (such as Charles' business) while the exact same behaviour is not accepted by others. It has nothing to do with the actual thing only how good your spindocter is and how good your breasts look.
I had no idea Edward or Sophie still had a legitimate business that paid their upkeep, I thought he still received an allowance from HM.

The problem with this visit is that it is being presented, apparently, as being on behalf of the DoE awards, when it seems to be that he is receiving rewards for opening a hotel!

I have no doubt that the Duke of Edinburgh awards will immediately review the accommodation as it was them and not Edward or his people that would have made the arrangement. This is how the Awards work around the world and indeed most charities that invite the royals to their events. And yes this type of hijacking a royal event for private usage happens quiet often.

I'm sorry but I certainly understand Claire's argument. Every time William and Harry attend rugby games it is on free tickets. When you see the royal ladies attend design shows they are probably on free tickets with a later promise of other free good in a goodies bag. That is how celebrities are treated and yes that is how the younger royals (and their girlfriends) are treated. They are definitely cashing on their royal connections and it is acceptable.

I have no doubt that the Duke of Edinburgh awards will immediately review the accommodation as it was them and not Edward or his people that would have made the arrangement. This is how the Awards work around the world and indeed most charities that invite the royals to their events. And yes this type of hijacking a royal event for private usage happens quiet often.

I'm sorry but I certainly understand Claire's argument. Every time William and Harry attend rugby games it is on free tickets. When you see the royal ladies attend design shows they are probably on free tickets with a later promise of other free good in a goodies bag. That is how celebrities are treated and yes that is how the younger royals (and their girlfriends) are treated. They are definitely cashing on their royal connections and it is acceptable.
Welcome. :flowers:
These are the relevant sections that make people question his involvement -
Prince Edward was at the centre of a ‘Royal for hire’ row last night after it was disclosed a millionaire developer is paying for him to fly in a private jet to Portugal to promote the opening of luxury apartments ---According to the Buckingham Palace website, Edward, who is travelling without his wife Sophie, will be in the Algarve simply to attend a Duke of Edinburgh Cup match --- We gave an apartment to charity, to the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, so that is why he is coming. To receive a key and also for ... for ... well, it is good marketing.
I don't suppose many have any problem with his flights or accommodation being paid for, (bodyguards are a different matter if he is promoting a foreign business).

I can't say I have seen any of the girlfriends (Chelsy or Kate) attending fashion shows or coming away with freebies, I think that is one of the urban myths.

Thanks for the link.

I must admit that I found the comments by the royal biographer confusing, but it is a little off topic. About Sarah Ferguson been the wrong girl for Andrew - personally I felt she was very right for Andrew, absolutely wrong for Britain, while Diana (which they don't mention) was absolutely wrong for Charles and very right for the British media. The question is is Sophie right for Edward, Britain, the monarchy or the press.

Either way - I have been married for years I don't know why some marriage work and others don't. Why some couples who are so right for each other can't make it work, while others that are so wrong end up cutting cake at their 50th Anniversary. It is a great mystery.

I think of the three boys of the Queen Edward did the best in a choice for a wife. Sophie is a really spectactular women, while Sarah was so unrefined an chimp could have done better. Diana was naive, childish, vindictive, and a hypocrite, and Camilla, is just....Camilla, you know?

Last edited:
I think of the three boys of the Queen Edward did the best in a choice for a wife. Sophie is a really spectactular women, while Sarah was so unrefined an chimp could have done better. Diana was naive, childish, vindictive, and a hypocrite, and Camilla, is just....Camilla, you know?
Yes, on the outside you are absolutely right! Yet there is so much more when you scratch the surface. Staying married, happily of course to the same person for years, is usually a result of damn hard work on both or at least one side. Sometimes it's so much easier to just give up...

:previous: There were/are of course less expectations from Edward. He has had the time to spend on his marriage, unlike Charles, Anne or Andrew.
----------------------------------------
The school where Prince Edward's daughter attends has had two confirmed cases of swine flu.Two pupils were sent home from St George's School in Windsor, after they were diagnosed with the virus yesterday.

Two cases of swine flu confirmed at school attended by Prince Edward's daughter | Mail Online

Sophie, Countess of Wessex attends a charity clay pigeon shoot in aid of Child Line and Dyslexia Action at Windsor Great Park on June 25, 2009 in Windsor, England.
Getty gallery

This weekend, Prince Edward is visiting Portugal, in order to preside over the prize-giving ceremony of the Infante D. Henrique 2009 Award (the Portuguese equivalent to the Duke of Edinburgh Awards).

See more here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...mily-february-2008-a-15897-11.html#post958410

progress.gif

I love Sophie and everything about her these photos are just lovely and the blue she is wearing really suits the occasion thanks for posting

C of W looks lovely but isn't this blue outfit the one she wore two days ago to ascot? And looking a little bit creased across the front. I know, the recession and all that, but this is too harsh a reminder.

Quite right.
"Buckingham Palace refused to comment"
Of course they did, comment on a royal not paying taxes. :whistling: I didn't even know that Sophie's company was still running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Sophie's company a limited partnership? As such, she's not completely responsible for paying back everything owed. A limited partnership is just that--limited. The Daily Mail is known for putting the worst possible spin on everything. I'd like to see a report in another paper before I take this particular "spin" as the truth.

:previous: can not find anything from the other papers on internet.......

Isn't Sophie's company a limited partnership? As such, she's not completely responsible for paying back everything owed. A limited partnership is just that--limited.
Even a Limited Company has a moral responsibility to pay it's debts, especially to the small businesses that might struggle with non payment by it's debtors.
It is apparently in other media outlets.

Creditors left out of pocket as Royal's PR firm goes under | The Sun |News|Royals

What is of concern, if true is the following
she personally guaranteed a £175,000 loan for the failed business from Barclays, despite promising the Queen that she had stepped away from its day-to-day running
The Countess said she would 'cease to have any connection' with R-JH. But she continued to attend board meetings before the firm collapsed in 2006.
A source added: 'Sophie was on the phone to the office two or three times a week and was often called in to give her input. R-JH was Sophie's baby.

But that is The Sun, why are not the serious newspapers writing an alinea about it. Perhaps next week

:previous: The Sun has led with some interesting stories in the past, so I would not immediately discount them. Sophie Wessex, to a large proportion on Brits, is simply not news and companies collapsing owing money is no longer news in these days of the recession. I also found in my folders this story regarding the debts from 2007, Business Diary: A royal rumpus that is getting Countess of Wessex a bad press - Telegraph

If I have time later, I will check the Finance sections.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom