Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's fair to suggest that there was some special treatment. Insufficient evidence may exist because the abuse never took place.

Exactly my opinion.

Besides, time to move on ...:flowers:

Well, wasn't Princess Anne fined for her dog biting someone a few years ago? I don't think it's fair to suggest that there was some special treatment. Insufficient evidence may exist because the abuse never took place.
:) Indeed she was, but it would have been a little difficult to disprove the bite marks on the children, the hospital visit and the parents apparent insistence that she be prosecuted.

Whether he contacted with the dog or not, it is a very unsavoury episode, both for Edward and the RSPCA, IMO. As none of us are likely to agree, it is yesterdays news. :flowers:

Pics 13.1.2009

Sophie, Countess of Wessex visiting the new floating support service
at Wokingham Town Hall, Berkshire, Britain - 13 Jan 2009 . As part of
her role as the patron of Surrey Community Development Trust (SCDT),
Sophie visited Wokingham today to see the organisation's new floating
support service in action. SCDT helps homeless and vulnerable people
by giving them a home in SCDT run properties and helping to rebuild
their lives.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

When I saw the description of the organization and its "floating support service", I thought there'd be a boat!:lol: Nice to see Sophie wearing this pretty navy suit again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Countess looks very elegant. I adore the picture of HRH gently pushing her hair away from her face...

I think the Countess looks very elegant. I adore the picture of HRH gently pushing her hair away from her face...

Fully agree, Sophie did look lovely. Its great to see her out and about, and driving herself as well.

Thank you for the pic. of last time sophie wore that suit, I love to see the royal ladies recycling

yes lovely pics of her :) thank you.. i just thought about her birthday today and wondered wether there s an extra thread about it by now? well, and housewessex has her birthday with the headline "january 19" ?? greetings

Thanks for posting a new pic of the Countess. She looks very chic!

Some news about Edward and Sophie

Edward's office did have a planned trip to Canada this month but that is now gone. Sophie and Edward are to make a trip to Canada in June.
Edward is making a stopover trip to the West Indies and Sophie will be visiting her regiment in Germany again later this month.

Military Police Association - Isle of Man Sub Group: 2,000 Northern Ireland troops set for Afghanistan
Royal look at town's £35m leisure plans - Yorkshire Post
Prince set to open new school - The Star

Do you know where in Canada

So far we only know that they will be in Vancouver. But normally they attempt to visit their regiments and do other stuff as well as they are in the region.

Vancouver? The other end of the country.:bang: Princess Anne has a regiment in New Brunswick. Maybe Edward or Sophie will take that on one day.;)

So far we only know that they will be in Vancouver. But normally they attempt to visit their regiments and do other stuff as well as they are in the region.

Does anyone know the new housewessex web address? I also love the navy suit and imagine the fabric is even richer and divinely cut inperson. I think many of her garments would be made to be unassuming but luxurious. I think she is quite lovely in this on too.

News Headline:

I read in the official engagement list that Sophie is the new colonel in chief of the Corps of Army Music. I just wish they would actually announce these things but with the Wessex putting in the engagements is kind of the closest thing you get to the announcement.

And here is some more of Edward's visit to 2nd Battalion Rifles
Hexham Courant

I'm a little late but ooh Vancouver! I think I'll try and see if I can catch a glimpse of them, if that's possible.

When they announce the rest of the tour I'll post it. Hopefully it will included somewhere where you can go.
But if you are in Grand Cayman, Barbados, Jamaica and Nassau you can see Edward next week.

Pics 6.2.2009

Prince Edward visiting Barbados, West Indies - 06 Feb 2009

- the look on his face on pic 3 is quite funny :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Yes, pic 3 is definitely a "keeper"! It looks like he's shocked to see the photographers!:lol:

Some News of Sophie's recent engagement

Sophie wows Kindergarteners | House Wessex

Ah those globe trotting royals - Edward will be in Cape Town, South Africa later this month. And not to be out done Sophie will be in Bangladesh and the annual Monaco Ball for Tomorrow People.

HRH Countess of Wessex works incredibly hard but isn't it an absolute shame we have to resort to local news sites to find information about all Her engagements?

Personally I find the local journalists and people are more open to the Wessex. The larger syndication are always up about something. They are the ones will political agendas that need to be fulfilled first. The truth is usually nothing but an irritation to a good story.
Personally I think that Edward and Sophie are doing it on purpose they are not sending out press releases to big newspapers anymore they are relying on the charity to inform the local press. Can you imagine any other royals hiring a wedding photographer to take pics of his big engagements, you got to be kidding?

HRH Countess of Wessex works incredibly hard but isn't it an absolute shame we have to resort to local news sites to find information about all Her engagements?
They are not very popular in the UK, hence the lack of main stream coverage. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom