Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:15 AM
Courtier

More news and video

Prince Edward Honors High School Students - Jackson News Story - WAPT Jackson

Old 05-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Serene Highness

Sometimes you hear of Edward being overly formal or curt and even rude. But I found him quite genuine and friendly in the videos. I also thought that despite his balding, he looks pretty young, younger than he is.

You have to give Prince Philip credit for coming up with a program that's becoming quite far-reaching and gone beyond Britain into North America.

Old 05-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
You have to give Prince Philip credit for coming up with a program that's becoming quite far-reaching and gone beyond Britain into North America.
Across the world, not just North America.
Old 05-25-2008, 06:18 PM
Majesty

I've never heard that claim over any of his public appearances over this way. People say that he's quite personable and "nice"...same for the Countess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
Sometimes you hear of Edward being overly formal or curt and even rude.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I've never heard that claim over any of his public appearances over this way. People say that he's quite personable and "nice"...same for the Countess.
Okay, by now you all have me down as an Edward apologist, but yes Edward often gets refered to as pompous, arrogant and rude. Like the Duke of Edinburgh and even the Queen, Edward can be especially if he is taken off guard by something. He is a reserved man - shy and often uncertain how things are going to come out. So he prepares, practises and if he disturb that, he can become more than a little upset and angry.

Article: Our Spy On the Upper East Side | MainStreet
Another lady who couldn't help but notice the tie.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
but yes Edward often gets refered to as pompous, arrogant and rude. Like the Duke of Edinburgh and even the Queen, Edward can be especially if he is taken off guard by something
Perhaps because he is, on one of the recent programmes following HM and the doings of BP, Edward was featured being pompous with the staff and visitors. HM & DoE are entitled to be particular and to compare Edwards behaviour to theirs is elevating him to a position he does not deserve, IMO!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:40 PM
Aristocracy

What programme was that Skydragon?

I like the cute ties he wears though.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
The current a rticle in the Daily Mail has a little dig at the Wessex family as well as other members of the RF over the wedding Hello deal.

Peter Phillips's Hello! wedding to Autumn was grasping, vulgar and so damaging to the Queen | Mail Online
I bought the wedding issue which included one nice photo of Sophie enjoying herself at the reception. I found it interesting how "Hello!" mananged to not show any pictures of Louise at the wedding. (She attended and was sitting between Sophie and Edward.)

In one picture, Sophie is singing from the wedding program which hides Louise's face completely. In another "aerial" shot taken from a balcony, it appears that Louise is completely airbrushed out of the picture, as the seat between Sophie and Edward is empty.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I bought the wedding issue which included one nice photo of Sophie enjoying herself at the reception. I found it interesting how "Hello!" mananged to not show any pictures of Louise at the wedding. (She attended and was sitting between Sophie and Edward.)

In one picture, Sophie is singing from the wedding program which hides Louise's face completely. In another "aerial" shot taken from a balcony, it appears that Louise is completely airbrushed out of the picture, as the seat between Sophie and Edward is empty.
It's not just me that noticed that in the magazine.

Maybe she ducked down below.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
What programme was that Skydragon?
I have tried to remember what it was called. It may have been the one about the workings of the royals over a year. He was seen telling people where to stand and how to behave when Philip arrived in the room, his whole attitude was annoyance and arrogance, IMO. He had probably taken a man management course!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Courtier

It was the Monarchy at Work or something like that. It is available at Youtube. I think you simply misunderstood it - he is given direction about the plan of action for the band to play and such. Going through the routine of how things will be with the organisers so that he knows it as well. The event was the given of the royal charter to the Duke of Edinburgh Awards.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
It was the Monarchy at Work or something like that. It is available at Youtube. I think you simply misunderstood it - he is given direction about the plan of action for the band to play and such.
Whether he was giving direction or not, he came across as arrogant and annoyed that the plebs didn't seem to understand what he wanted, IMO.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Aristocracy

the monarchy at work is still available at youtube, i think!
there were some interviews where he didn t seem to be too professional, i think. at least it went on my nerves that he spoke so fast and moved his hands steadily! but you could look youself, it is the last episode, i think, when he was interviewed (at least it was in the german version)
Old 05-28-2008, 05:51 PM
Aristocracy

Yeah i've seen it, i'm with you Claire i didn't think he came across arrogant or rude. The people seem to be quite relaxed with him from what I saw of the show. IMO
Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yeah i've seen it, i'm with you Claire i didn't think he came across arrogant or rude. The people seem to be quite relaxed with him from what I saw of the show. IMO
As I said, in my opinion, did you manage to catch the show after all?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Aristocracy

Yes it was on tv over here a few months ago, and i've got it on dvd.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Yes it was on tv over here a few months ago, and i've got it on dvd.
Isn't it amazing, when you think about it, that most people are able to identify the section I was talking about, perhaps my discriptive powers are improving!
Old 05-29-2008, 07:33 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
... perhaps my discriptive powers are improving!
About time too!
I think its a combination of your new-found powers and the documentary being fresh in members' minds.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Serene Highness

I'm sure he has been rude on occasion. I'm sure he has been gracious and charming, too. He's Human! He's like everyone else on the planet and has good moods, bad moods, indiffernt moods. Being a public figure, he might not always be able to control his response. Or perhaps sometimes he is misinterpreted. This happens to humans. It doesn't mean he's horrible or wonderful all the time.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Courtier

News from Canada:
Prince Edward greets Manitoba military families
CANOE -- CNEWS - Canada: Prince Edward charms Manitobans
CJOB 68: Manitoba's Information Superstation New: Local Story

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn