The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Courtier

Interesting article about Edward in NY, gives some food to thought.
A Day in the Life of A Royal | New York Social Diary

Old 05-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Very interesting, Claire. Thank you for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Interesting article about Edward in NY, gives some food to thought.
A Day in the Life of A Royal | New York Social Diary

Old 05-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
Sorry, but Sophie doesn't strike me as the type to lift a finger to do anything, let alone get her husband to take part. I have the feeling she's more than enjoying her royal life of privilege and the staff that comes along with it.
I agree, many people on the property programmes, say I built or I did such and such, when in fact they financed it and that is all. At least be honest about it! I can't quite see Edward prancing about in a pinny with a feather duster in his hand... or perhaps I can!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I agree, many people on the property programmes, say I built or I did such and such, when in fact they financed it and that is all. At least be honest about it! I can't quite see Edward prancing about in a pinny with a feather duster in his hand... or perhaps I can!
"Prancing about" being the key phrase here!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
AAnd you what Bella I think good for her.
Good for her if she doesn't lead people to believe she's an "ordinary" housewife who cooks/cleans/cares for her own children. As Skydragon said, be honest about your lifestyle. Again, I'm just making an assumption. She might do exactly what she says she does. And Edward, too.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:05 PM
Aristocracy

Actually I can see them doing some of the housework still, nothing surprises me with those two. I don't believe your statement Bella about Sophie not lifting a finger to do anything, or being dishonest in what she says about cooking/cleaning/or caring for their children.

I have met them before and they seem a very happy and down to earth couple.

Thanks for the link Claire about Prince Edward in New York.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezza View Post
Actually I can see them doing some of the housework still, nothing surprises me with those two. Thanks for the link Claire.
Must be a filthy house then, with Edward away so much and Sophie admitting Edward did it.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Nothing wrong with having a dusty house, I should know.

Back on topic now, does anyone know how long Prince Edward US trip is??
Old 05-23-2008, 12:23 AM
Aristocracy

The current a rticle in the Daily Mail has a little dig at the Wessex family as well as other members of the RF over the wedding Hello deal.

Peter Phillips's Hello! wedding to Autumn was grasping, vulgar and so damaging to the Queen | Mail Online
Old 05-23-2008, 04:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The current a rticle in the Daily Mail has a little dig at the Wessex family as well as other members of the RF over the wedding Hello deal.

Peter Phillips's Hello! wedding to Autumn was grasping, vulgar and so damaging to the Queen | Mail Online
From the 'article'
Quote:
No sooner had the magazine appeared than Buckingham Palace let it be known that it was seen as "a serious error of judgment" - which is right royal understatement.
I have searched and searched and I have been unable to find ANY statement from BP regarding this. The Mail needs to get over it, because they are in danger of becoming a laughing stock!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Nothing wrong with having a dusty house, I should know.

Back on topic now, does anyone know how long Prince Edward US trip is??
He is today in Mississippi and then takes a week off. I'm hopeing that this involves a trip to Denmark. Then next Friday he is back to California before going on to Canada for a bit.
He was on Fox and Friends earlier with Miss America.
PageantFire: Queen Haglund hangs with Prince! No not the purple one.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Courtier

Here is a link to the video of the Fox interview:
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
Old 05-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for all those links Claire the article from the New York affair was quite patronising but a snapshot of 'life on the road'. It must be difficult to be all things. The Hello thing seems to have taken on a life of it' s own I must say I was surprised with the pre wedding interview but the article in the paper says it all and I hope it doesn't happen again.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

What is the Earl doing in Mississippi?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Claire for the Fox link. Is he one of the few royals that gives interviews on morning television when outside the UK? I remember in 2006 when he was in Australia appearing on Sunrise.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Majesty

Oh yes...and the Daily Mail has done SO MUCH for the dignity of the Royal Family.

Quote:

Old 05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Oh yes...and the Daily Mail has done SO MUCH for the dignity of the Royal Family.
Haha yes and The Sun, the mirror and the news of the world too.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Majesty

This was enjoyable to watch. He seems to have some of Prince Charles's mannerisms but doesn't sound so "posh" as either of his brothers. Thank you, Claire. You always seem to find nice stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Here is a link to the video of the Fox interview:
Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
Old 05-23-2008, 07:44 PM
Majesty

He's passing out bronze and silver Duke of Edinburgh awards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
What is the Earl doing in Mississippi?
Old 05-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Courtier

I think that it is quite a coup for the Duke of Edinburgh Awards to be the Miss America Charity next year.
Britain's Prince Edward to recognize Miss. students | clarionledger.com | The Clarion-Ledger

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn