The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 08:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
can someone tell me, please, what frogmore is - and why they are interested to go there? never heard of it!
it's where the reception of Peter and Autumn's wedding was held.( I said "was" cause I'm presuming it's over by now)

Old 05-18-2008, 05:22 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post
can someone tell me, please, what frogmore is - and why they are interested to go there? never heard of it!
. . Frogmore House

Old 05-18-2008, 08:29 AM
Commoner

Photo from yesterdays wedding

Sophie and Lady Louise
Old 05-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

thanks for that picture
grey again for sophie its a colour that really drains her

Old 05-18-2008, 09:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks alot, sweetpeaheidi.Finally a pic of Sophie and Louise came up. So actually they must have arrived and departed by car, but i think maybe the press was too focused on the newlywed to pay attention to Sophie and Louise. Louise seems to wear some kind of red i think, her hair looked cute, really want if can see her in full, and Sophie really want to see what did she wear as well, appears to be that she has her cut shorter again.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 05-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Courtier

i wish we would have seen her face..im really beginning to wonder what she looks like
they both looked pretty though from what i can see
Old 05-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Courtier

I'm afriad that pics of Louise was exactly what Edward didn't want anyone seeing this weekend.
It appears it was Edward and Sophie who freaked on Saturday morning after been informed about the Hello pics and the agreement to include pics of his family. That is why the family didn't appear on the steps Edward was livid that he had been kept in the dark about the arrangement with Hello! of Peter and Autumn's wedding, especially as they had involved him.
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: UK News :: Sophie snubs the royal wedding snaps
Apparently Edward and Sophie didn't want to appear with Louise, especially after the self-imposed media blackout they have placed on their children.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Commoner

We shouldn't forget that maybe by not showing off their children to the press Edward and Sophie might want to avoid the dangers of kidnapping and/or abduction. One of the Queen's smallest grandchildren would surely make a great bait, and threats to the royal family are an issue, especially with the UK still in Afghanistan and Iraq and those (sometimes) frantic british men of Fathers Rights/GB around.

Senior members of the royal family are naturally stuffed with security but if E&S want their children to have a life as normal as possible, three to five bodyguards around in school or kindergarden is probably not the easiest way to provide that normality.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:07 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I'm afriad that pics of Louise was exactly what Edward didn't want anyone seeing this weekend.
It appears it was Edward and Sophie who freaked on Saturday morning after been informed about the Hello pics and the agreement to include pics of his family. That is why the family didn't appear on the steps Edward was livid that he had been kept in the dark about the arrangement with Hello! of Peter and Autumn's wedding, especially as they had involved him.
Daily Express: The World's Greatest Newspaper :: UK News :: Sophie snubs the royal wedding snaps
Apparently Edward and Sophie didn't want to appear with Louise, especially after the self-imposed media blackout they have placed on their children.
I hope this isn't the case as it smacks badly of immaturity and paranoia. The Wessex children are never photographed and the press seems to be leaving the family alone, which is fine. However, I don't think it's too much to ask that Edward and his family remain on the steps of the church for a family picture at his nephew's wedding. Come on! Like the press is gonna start charging the Wessex kids after seeing them w the rest of the family. I'm sorry but that behaviour (if it's true) is just a bit too bizarre. These are the grandchildren of the Monarch. No one is hounding them or expecting E & S to parade them about like dolls, but a photo now and again (like at big family events like weddings) is really not asking too much, IMO. Sorry, but something is strange there. Just a vibe.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Commoner

I agree! Thank you Bella. Sophie makes everyone think that her childern are above the rest. Look at all the other royal children that we see at events and so. Sophie and Edward wants to bring up their little ones as normal as possible, thats fine but come on. Living in a huge house, body guards, security ect. We have other royalty around the world and they include all their children in all sorts of events. Its time Sophie and Edward come down to earth abit. I hope I haven't offended anyone! but thats how I feel.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think it's that unusual for parents to take young children home right after a wedding ceremony instead of staying. Margarita Armstrong-Jones was on the steps with the family, but she's a year older than Louise.

In a few years, if Edward and Sophie's children are still absent from family functions where every other young child is there, I think it would be more of an obvious problem. I suspect Edward is pretty intense about keeping his family life private, but that's his personality and his right.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:18 PM
Nobility

There is a photo of Louise on Rex Features which has been taken whilst she was in the car travelling to Peter and Autumn's wedding - it's a facial shot too!!
Old 05-19-2008, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

I think thats just their choice respect it, because after all they are her parents.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Majesty

From what I've seen, she's a pretty little girl who looks a great deal like pictures of The Queen at the same age. She looks like her dad, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_windsor View Post
i wish we would have seen her face..im really beginning to wonder what she looks like
they both looked pretty though from what i can see
Old 05-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Aristocracy

Actually i'm starting to wonder as someone ponted out on another forum after reading the Express article, that the press are trying to blame Edward and Sophie in this so called row over the Hello magazine deal. A bit like the Prince William situation a few years ago.

I don't think certain members of the press are too happy with the fact that Hello magazine got certain rights to show certain photo's of the wedding.

Promise to go back on topic now.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:43 PM
Courtier

My personal opinion is that E&S are taking it a bit too far. It was a wedding for heavens sake and, if the article is to be believed, what business is it of his if Peter and Autumn signed a deal with the Hello. As someone else mentioned, he should be reminded of what he did with William a few years ago that irked Charles. Anne wanted her chn to have a normal upbringing which they managed to have as far as possible, and they turned out okay. Because they were never kept away from the press they were never hogged by photographers. Eventually I think the press/photographers will start publishing/printing photos of E&S chn taken by the 'paps'.

Stellad
Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
There is a photo of Louise on Rex Features which has been taken whilst she was in the car travelling to Peter and Autumn's wedding - it's a facial shot too!!
You mean those two?
Rex Features
Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellad View Post
My personal opinion is that E&S are taking it a bit too far. It was a wedding for heavens sake and, if the article is to be believed, what business is it of his if Peter and Autumn signed a deal with the Hello. As someone else mentioned, he should be reminded of what he did with William a few years ago that irked Charles. Anne wanted her chn to have a normal upbringing which they managed to have as far as possible, and they turned out okay. Because they were never kept away from the press they were never hogged by photographers. Eventually I think the press/photographers will start publishing/printing photos of E&S chn taken by the 'paps'.

Stellad
Actually I think Edward wasn't too blame over the Prince William thing, and I don't believe he stalked Prince William when he was at university. I think Edward was set up by his brother's spin doctors, because his older brother didn't like the fact that Edward & Sophie had their own business outside the Royal Family. As for Prince Charles being irked by it, I think was part of the lie made by his spin doctors and fed to the press. The Express are just trying to stir it up again, by using their daughter this time I feel as an excuse because like The Daily mail who are also trying to say that other members of the Royal Family are annoyed with the Hello deal too. We only have their word that certain members of the Royal family are annoyed, and are using certain reasons as an excuse to sell their respective papers.

The royal wedding picture that WASN'T part of the £500,000 Hello! deal | Mail Online

Mum couldn't pay ... Anne wouldn't: Palace blames Autumn for Hello! deal, but what was she expected to do? | Mail Online

According to the Royal Anecdotes website dated the 17th of may have stated that Buckingham Palace has stated that the Hello magazine was not at St George's chapel and wouldn't be at Frogmore house either.

Royal Anecdotes » Clarification of Hello! involvement in wedding

As for questioning the Wessexes rights and choices when it comes to what they want for their children, well I find it quite rude to do so.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I have to point out, we have not had a statement released by any members of the Royal Family to say they were unhappy with the deal struck.

To say that Edward and Sophie 'suddenly' found out, is ridiculous, did they not see the TV, read the papers or talk to one another? So they are not in the Hello shots, it doesn't mean they are not in the pictures taken for the album. A silly fuss that the Tabloids are trying to inflate, IMO.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
Aristocracy

You've got it one Skydragon, just the press blowing it up.

I too find it hard to believe Edward & Sophie just found out on the wedding day also. Given the press coverage leading up to the wedding. Like you said they probably are in some family photos, just the private ones. The same probably applied with the christening a few weeks ago, they probably had a few photos taken. Some with Lady Louise in them.

Is it wrong for them to ask for privacy when it comes to the way their children are brought up, and what they do in their lives?

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie, viscount severn