Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 3: February-August 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's that unusual for parents to take young children home right after a wedding ceremony instead of staying. Margarita Armstrong-Jones was on the steps with the family, but she's a year older than Louise.

In a few years, if Edward and Sophie's children are still absent from family functions where every other young child is there, I think it would be more of an obvious problem. I suspect Edward is pretty intense about keeping his family life private, but that's his personality and his right.

There is a photo of Louise on Rex Features which has been taken whilst she was in the car travelling to Peter and Autumn's wedding - it's a facial shot too!!

I think thats just their choice respect it, because after all they are her parents.

From what I've seen, she's a pretty little girl who looks a great deal like pictures of The Queen at the same age. She looks like her dad, too.:)

i wish we would have seen her face..im really beginning to wonder what she looks like
they both looked pretty though from what i can see

Actually i'm starting to wonder as someone ponted out on another forum after reading the Express article, that the press are trying to blame Edward and Sophie in this so called row over the Hello magazine deal. A bit like the Prince William situation a few years ago.

I don't think certain members of the press are too happy with the fact that Hello magazine got certain rights to show certain photo's of the wedding.

Promise to go back on topic now.:flowers:

My personal opinion is that E&S are taking it a bit too far. It was a wedding for heavens sake and, if the article is to be believed, what business is it of his if Peter and Autumn signed a deal with the Hello. As someone else mentioned, he should be reminded of what he did with William a few years ago that irked Charles. Anne wanted her chn to have a normal upbringing which they managed to have as far as possible, and they turned out okay. Because they were never kept away from the press they were never hogged by photographers. Eventually I think the press/photographers will start publishing/printing photos of E&S chn taken by the 'paps'.

Stellad

My personal opinion is that E&S are taking it a bit too far. It was a wedding for heavens sake and, if the article is to be believed, what business is it of his if Peter and Autumn signed a deal with the Hello. As someone else mentioned, he should be reminded of what he did with William a few years ago that irked Charles. Anne wanted her chn to have a normal upbringing which they managed to have as far as possible, and they turned out okay. Because they were never kept away from the press they were never hogged by photographers. Eventually I think the press/photographers will start publishing/printing photos of E&S chn taken by the 'paps'.

Stellad

Actually I think Edward wasn't too blame over the Prince William thing, and I don't believe he stalked Prince William when he was at university. I think Edward was set up by his brother's spin doctors, because his older brother didn't like the fact that Edward & Sophie had their own business outside the Royal Family. As for Prince Charles being irked by it, I think was part of the lie made by his spin doctors and fed to the press. The Express are just trying to stir it up again, by using their daughter this time I feel as an excuse because like The Daily mail who are also trying to say that other members of the Royal Family are annoyed with the Hello deal too. We only have their word that certain members of the Royal family are annoyed, and are using certain reasons as an excuse to sell their respective papers.

The royal wedding picture that WASN'T part of the £500,000 Hello! deal | Mail Online

Mum couldn't pay ... Anne wouldn't: Palace blames Autumn for Hello! deal, but what was she expected to do? | Mail Online

According to the Royal Anecdotes website dated the 17th of may have stated that Buckingham Palace has stated that the Hello magazine was not at St George's chapel and wouldn't be at Frogmore house either.

Royal Anecdotes » Clarification of Hello! involvement in wedding

As for questioning the Wessexes rights and choices when it comes to what they want for their children, well I find it quite :censored: rude to do so.

Last edited:
I have to point out, we have not had a statement released by any members of the Royal Family to say they were unhappy with the deal struck.

To say that Edward and Sophie 'suddenly' found out, is ridiculous, did they not see the TV, read the papers or talk to one another? So they are not in the Hello shots, it doesn't mean they are not in the pictures taken for the album. A silly fuss that the Tabloids are trying to inflate, IMO. :flowers:

You've got it one Skydragon, just the press blowing it up.:flowers:

I too find it hard to believe Edward & Sophie just found out on the wedding day also. Given the press coverage leading up to the wedding. Like you said they probably are in some family photos, just the private ones. The same probably applied with the christening a few weeks ago, they probably had a few photos taken. Some with Lady Louise in them.

Is it wrong for them to ask for privacy when it comes to the way their children are brought up, and what they do in their lives?

Last edited:
Kezza, obviously you feel passionately about this issue. I don't think anyone is questioning the way the Wessex children are being brought up or that there aren't enough photos of them. The issue is there aren't any photos of them. And this is only viewed as unusual because they are the grandchildren of the Monarch (and more than likely the last grandchildren she will have) and royal children have always been photographed in the past at family functions and family events, even at special photo opps.

I agree, I don't think it's right to subject small children to hordes of photographers but these children were born into a situation where they will be photographed and their actions remarked upon for the rest of their lives and it's only natural for people to want to see them. As I've said before, if E & S aren't comfortable with allowing their children to be photographed in a general sense, then why not hire a photographer to come and do a family sitting, or a sitting of the children - much in the way HM's parents allowed when she was a young child and Pss Margaret a toddler. That way E & S can control the environment, the time the children spend under the lights, the manner of the photographers, everything. Then release a couple of chosen photos to the public. I really don't think by doing that they are infringing upon the children's rights and privacy.

And I think by continually shielding their children in this manner - and I'm sorry but I find it very odd - they 1) don't prepare them for the time when they won't be able to protect them like this and 2) only make it more conspicuous that the children are being "hidden away" - and that only fuels the flames because people then want to know, why?

It has been reveled that Lady Louise Windsor, was a guest at Downing Street when John Brown, also four, and son of the Prime Minister and his wife Sarah, celebrated his birthday two years ago.

I think the answer to the question why do they not allow the children to be photographed can be found with the horrible comments made in the British press this week about Beatrice being a pampered Miss Piggy they go on to say other things. In the wake of this it SHOULD BE CLEAR why. I don't think they lock them away rather they protect them from a cruel media. By the time they are young people their parents would assume the media would not be too interested in the Wessex children given the Wales boys will be married etc.I think we need to be careful passing judgement on areas that are difficult for us to understand. They are not and never will be in the top job and nor will the children. IMO

I think Sophie thinks she is more royal than the blood born royals. I think she takes the privacy of her children too the extreme. I think in the long term she will regret how she has bought them up. I think Louise will find it hard to interact with other people and you would think with the amount of charity work that Sophie has done in the pass a small eye problem should not let her keep Louise away from not only the public but been seen at all. Sophie doesnt seem to mind at all the trapings that come with been married into the royal family but certainly likes to have things her own way. I can see why she gets on so well with Prince Philip maybe she is as stubborn as him

Yep, Sophie attended Chelsea :) Noone was expecting her, including the family. And in case you were wondering Anne and the Queen greeted them with great enthusiam.
Sophie thinking herself more royal that the blue bloods - unlikely, apparently she is still doing her own housework and getting Edward to pitch in. A fact that alarms the palace staff and amuses the Queen.
Personally I think that the arrangement to not cooperate with the Hello! pics was not Edward and Sophie's - they would have done what the Queen asks, whatever they think. It was their absence on the steps that caused this - and there could have been a number of reasons why they weren't there. Louise might have been asleep, Sophie might have realised that Lady Davina was wearing the same hat.. the options are numerous.
I doubt Louise's eye problem has much to do with Edward's sensitivity to the press intrusion - they are going to so the same with James.

Now to get on Topic, Edward beginnings his visit to America today in New York. In case you are wondering he is doing nothing on the 24th and is taken the whole week off following. Enough time to attend another royal wedding before advancing to Canada.

Now to get on Topic, Edward beginnings his visit to America today in New York. In case you are wondering he is doing nothing on the 24th and is taken the whole week off following. Enough time to attend another royal wedding before advancing to Canada.
Another royal wedding? You've got to fill us in.

I love seeing Christopher Rhys-Jones in school tie at these events. He is always attending Chelsea and Ascot with the Wessex.

This is a hard one to take sides on, I can kind of sympathize with Edward and Sophie regarding wanting to protect their children but even in the days when the paps weren't so active there were pictures of Zara and Peter at family gatherings. I remember seeing them. No you didn't see them as much as William and Harry but you at least saw them when the rest of the family was together. I personally think that they are taking it too far. Unfortunately these children are not just normal children, nor will they ever be. No matter what their parents want them called, they are both direct descendants of royalty and will have to one day deal with it. As they get older, yes Charles will be King and William and Harry will have more of a spot light on them with their children but Louise and James are always going to be the youngest grandchildren on one of England's greatest Queens.:flowers: Nothing can ever change that and I think that Edward and Sophie need to get over themselves and start preparing the children for a world where pictures of them will be taken. My goodness, no one is asking to see them every day but I personally don't think they should be whisked away and hidden as if there is something wrong with them. If their parents act like this is no big deal when the family gathers, the children will learn to live with it better then if it is treated like it is taboo.
I guess after reading my post, I know which side I am on but please remember, this is just my opinion.:flowers:

They maybe more relaxed when their children are old enough to understand that there are those that want to take photos at times. Who knows? I just don't think they are as freaked out as some make them sound.

As Claire pointed out we don't know why they left a bit earlier, it could be that they wanted to check up on James. Maybe Sophie hasn't been away from him for too long since he was born.

Reading on the royalist website they stated that the chelsea flower show was Sophie's first engagement since James was born.

Does Sophie really get Edward to do the housework??? I think thats great if she does.:lol:

Does Sophie really get Edward to do the housework??? I think thats great if she does.
lol.gif

is it written in an articel? ^^ i can t find that :D but sounds good x]

It was years ago in Ok ? magazine,

Does Sophie really get Edward to do the housework??? I think thats great if she does.:lol:
It may have been true before they married but now I believe they employ staff to deal with the housework and the cooking. :flowers:

Sorry, but Sophie doesn't strike me as the type to lift a finger to do anything, let alone get her husband to take part. I have the feeling she's more than enjoying her royal life of priviledge and the staff that comes along with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom