Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 2: September 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalon

Heir Apparent
City
Yerevan
Country
Armenia
Countess_of_Wessex_coa.png

Coat of Arms of the Countess of Wessex

Welcome to the new thread dedicated to the Current Events of
the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Lady Louise.

This thread starts on September 10, 2007
Previous thread, covering period from March 13 to September 10, 2007 can be found here.​

Have fun!​

7 September 2007
HRH Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, visited Yad Vashem on Friday.
He toured the Holocaust History Museum, visited the tree planted in honor of his grandmother Princess Alice, placed a wreath in the Hall of Remembrance and visited the Children's Memorial.
Avner Shalev, Chairman of Yad Vashem, and Dr. Robert Rozett, Director of the Yad Vashem Libraries accompanied the prince.
Princess Alice was recognized as Righteous Among the Nations by Yad Vashem in 1993, for rescuing the Cohen family in Greece during the Holocaust. In 1994, her son, HRH Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh planted a tree in her honor at Yad Vashem.

Source: The Jerusalem Post

According to the Court Circular, today the Earl of Wessex is in Leicestershire to visit the Brite Centre and Stephenson College.

Last edited:
she looks great!! thanks for the link i love that 3rd photo, she's radiant. wish the coat wasn't black but no biggy. healthy and glowing, is it me or she alot bigger than at the dutch birthday party, twins would be fun.

It is really great to see the Countess out and about again. She appears quite healthy with this pregnancy, so i hope that she will stay fine and have a safe delivery than Louise's.

Pics 13.9.2007

What a great surprise - Sophie had another official event today, and looked
so wonderful again :flowers::flowers::
Sophie, Countess of Wessex opens a new health centre in Huntingdon, where she
met with local schoolchildren Sophie, Cambridgeshire, Britain - 13 Sep 2007

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4

The Countess looks beautiful and glowing. I love her red dress she wore for the soceity wedding. Thanks for posting so many pictures of my favorite British Royalty.

How I wish Edward and Sophie would one day repay the invites they get from European royals and throw a party in England. Wouldn't it be nice to see all those royals at Bagshot Park?

Pics 12.9.2007

That would really be great, Claire :flowers:
Yesterday Sophie and Edward had an official engagement together,
Sophie, this time in black, looked beautiful like on all the last pics :flowers:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, pregnant with her second child, and Prince
Edward attend a dinner for the Wessex Youth Trust at the Capital Hotel
on September 12, 2007 in London, England. Tim Graham/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Heartwarming pix but I wonder how may months exactly she is pregnant !
They said "December" but there is a big difference between the 1st and the 31st !

She looks good . Lovely to see the two of them together at a function.

Stellad

I'm told that she is actually due first week of January, but they are expecting the baby to come early.
She is about 26-27 weeks along. :flowers:

That would really be great, Claire :flowers:
Yesterday Sophie and Edward had an official engagement together,
Sophie, this time in black, looked beautiful like on all the last pics :flowers:

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, pregnant with her second child, and Prince
Edward attend a dinner for the Wessex Youth Trust at the Capital Hotel
on September 12, 2007 in London, England. Tim Graham/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Thanks iceflower for the pictures. I have an account of HQs and i saw these ones, it's really great to see these photos as HQs. The Wessex just great couple, and i realise the Countess wore a new ruby earing maybe i think, never see it before. Maybe a new piece?:)

This is a quote from a newspapers about Sophie's large workload and the title debate:

The baby will be the ninth-in-line to the British throne and will have the title Viscount Severn.

Ha, Ha, they have declared the baby a boy and changed the succession law in one short sentence.

Wow.....she really...uhhhh filled out...her stylist needs to get her a new foundation.....and are my eyes decieving me or does she have a bad case of VPL in that red dress?

It also looks like she's got some swelling around her shins and ankles.

in all though 42 and pregnant.....she looks amazing......she's a better woman than me.

Thanks for the pictures of Sophie. She looks lovely. I love the color red on her! She looks fantastic.

i hope she will let her hair grow again like she did when she was carrying louise.

Today, Their Royal Highnesses, will join together again for engagements in Devon. Really look forward to the event, i hope we can have some great photos and seeing the couple again.

This has been quite a month for the Countess especially. It has been busy but great. It is clear from all of the pics of her engagements that she is bursting with joy and of course it all has to do with that little bundle inside her. :D

Actually this is the normal amount of engagements for Sophie. We are simply seeing more pics as Hello! and the Daily Telgraph both put in request for shots showing bump.

There are new pics of yesterdays' engagments at Isifa

thanks for the pictures, I always love to see pictures of Sophie. She seems like a great person. I love the picture when the little girls gives Sophie a hug.

20 September 2007
Rex Features 1 Rex 2 Rex 3
Rex caption
...Sophie Countess of Wessex...visiting a donkey sanctuary in Sidmouth, Devon.... along with husband Prince Edward.... the happy royal spent the whole of the day with a smile on her face, something she has done ever since she confirmed that she was pregnant. The countess, who already has a three-year-old daughter, announced she was pregnant back in July.... The royal pair were given a guided tour around Sidmouth's Donkey Sanctuary by its founder Elisabeth Svendsen. The sanctuary's attached charity provides an on-site riding facility for children with special needs. During the tour the Prince and Countess was introduced to some of the centre's long eared donkey charges, as well as some of the special children who enjoy their attention. One shy girl certainly took a shine to the Countess; Holly Luker, aged 6, was at first too overcome with shyness to present Sophie with the flowers she was holding, but she was soon won over by the countess so much so that she was reluctant to let go of her after a hug. After their tour Sophie and Philip unveiled a plaque that commemorated their visit. Since 1969 the Donkey Sanctuary has taken over 12,000 donkeys into care in the UK and Ireland and has over 45 welfare officers who follow up reports of cruelty to or neglect of donkeys. Attached charity, the Elisabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys, aims to bring enjoyment and pleasure into the lives of children with special needs and disabilities by teaching them riding skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom