The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
I found an interesting article in the Daily Mail. A few years back Prince Charles attempted to lure Edward and Sophie's private secretary and enquerry to his service. Actually it was later reveled that they were for Camilla and William and Harry. I wondered why Charles would want to do that as he has access to more expertise then Edward would.
And then I read this in the Daily Mail. Prince Edward and Sophie's equerry is not other then Captain the Viscount Fitz-Harris - the 37-year-old heir to the Earldom of Malmesbury.
No wonder Charles wanted him on his staff.
What is the significance of the Captain/Viscount? Why would Charles want him?

Old 12-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Courtier

Captain Fitz- Harris is the heir to the Earldom of Malmesbury. I doubt it is his expertise as this is his first time enquerring in the army. I just think that Charles would rather have an earl working for Camilla, William and Harry that have one working for Edward. I suppose it has to do with their rank.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Are we certain that Edward and Sophie managed to go to Norfolk? The weather is really bad and they were apparently going to go by helicopter.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

its about time louise went to church publicly at christmas she is 4 and surely she is able to behave for the duration of the church service

Old 12-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Aristocracy

http://www.polfoto.dk/polfoto/previe...Id=0&handle=-1

so is edward the only one of his little family who went to sandringham? does anybody know more? =]

it s the only photo i ve found of him. but i can t imagine he would leave sophie and the kids? and he wouldn't fly immediately back, would he?
Old 12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney00 View Post

so is edward the only one of his little family who went to sandringham? does anybody know more? =]

it s the only photo i ve found of him. but i can t imagine he would leave sophie and the kids? and he wouldn't fly immediately back, would he?
Yes, Edward was the only one in his little family to attend church at Sandringham, but Sophie and the baby was supposed to arrive at Sandringham House yesterday.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:

I read that Sophie and the babies were also at Sandringham but they did not attend the church service, thus there are no photos of them. I wonder when little Louise will start attending the services. I remember the York girls were around 5 when they were photographed w the rest of the family and little Margarita Linley has been going for a couple of years now.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Aristocracy

Edward and Sophie send bizarre Christmas card - featuring the tycoon who offered them a trip to St Moritz | the Daily Mail

hey, yes i just read, that they obviously wanted to fly there (last paragraph) . sad thing we didn t saw them
but i just saw on housewessex, that sophie isn t going to do anything in january? so she has a nice time to recover ;-)
Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 AM
Royal Highness

Horse-riding Prince Charles brands photographer 'annoying little prat' | the Daily Mail

Edward was among a shooting party at Sandringham.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:24 AM
Commoner

New mum Sophie makes her first public appearance since the birth of baby James| News | This is London
Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice to see her so obviously appreciated by the Queen
She really radiates
Old 01-01-2008, 01:47 PM
Courtier

Murray Harkin is to write a book about the fake Sheik affair. It will be the first time Sophie's former partner tells his side of the story. It doen't seem to be a tell all book, but I would have thought BP would have gagged him.

Spilling the beans on the fake sheik | the Daily Mail
Old 01-02-2008, 01:01 AM
Royal Highness

Since he never worked for the BRF directly, they don't have any confidentiality agreements to hold over him. Anyway, since he was a victim of the sting, I think he is entitled to tell his side of the incident. I wonder why neither Murray Harkin or Sophie sued the News of the World for the malicious incident. It could hardly be called news to have an opinion on public figures, dead or alive.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Administrator

Thanks a lot for the link with the wonderful new pic of Sophie,
sweetpeaheidi. It's great that she already felt ready to join
the Queen and she looks so happy and full of energy, no
wonder that everybody asked her for news about little James
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Aristocracy

thanks for the article claire!
bu can anybody tell me what this sentece means? "At the height of the fake sheik scandal, Harkin turned down £200,000 to spill the beans on Sophie, believing it would be "quite wrong"."
does he say he won t write about it? i don t understand the beans thing^^
thank you
Old 01-02-2008, 11:26 PM
Royal Highness

"Spill the beans" is a phrase meaning talking/giving interviews. So basically, Mr. Harkin was offered money to give his side of the sting back when it happened. At the time, whether due to conscience or loyalty, he turned down the offer. Guess after a few years, he changed his mind. I'm just not sure there is the same amount of interest for his side now.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Aristocracy

oh thanks incas i just found part of the phrase in a dictionnary but still hadn t understood it completely but now i do. thanks a lot
Old 01-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
to spill the beans on Sophie, believing it would be "quite wrong"."
To spill the beans means to tell someones damaging secrets to a third party.
Old 01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Courtier

Looks like Edward is looking for a new tenant for the Sables at Bagshot Park

Old Stables, Bagshot Park, Bagshot

Certainly wish I had a few mil lying around.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Courtier

I have a question...when Edward becomes the Duke of Edinburgh (assuming he does in due course), will Louise & James' titles change? For example, there might be a higher title involved for the son instead of Viscount Severn.

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie