Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 2: September 2007-February 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think it had more to do with the customs of the Saudi's. It is not the place of a pregnant woman
to be in public. Edward's attendance would have stuffed up the sitting.

I am so thrilled to see those last photos of Sophie and LOVE the colour and the jewels the whole look is vry much more younger and lively. Thanks for posting.

I actually think it had more to do with the customs of the Saudi's. It is not the place of a pregnant woman
to be in public. Edward's attendance would have stuffed up the sitting.
Yes, it's also not a woman's place to drive, vote or travel without their husband or have any type of decent education either in Saudi Arabia. It is her place to be silent and covered completely from head to toe in the abaya and breed as many children as possible, preferably male. Cant say I'll be going there any time soon.:eek:

Last edited:
She looks great! Is that a new necklace she is wearing?

Countess of Wessex, Sophie is pregnant with another daughter, so I believe. A suitable name for her second daughter would be nice if she named her Regina!

lLet's also not forget that to a Saudi, a woman is not allowed to have her face seen except by her husband or her family. They regard seeing a woman's face as the same as seeing her naked. Hmmmm...another reason not to have them, QEII's 'naked' face.

Countess of Wessex, Sophie is pregnant with another daughter, so I believe. A suitable name for her second daughter would be nice if she named her Regina!

For sure and certain?

Yes Genia is this real its to be a second Daughter

When is the baby due, in December or January I can't remember? If it's supposed to be a December baby, we might expect sometime in November, depending on what part of December its due in. I hope she has an easier time with this pregnancy than she did with Louise.

they said december, i don t think they published in wich part of it

With Louise the pregnancy went well it wa the birth which was very dramatic

The ectopic pregnancy was December 2001 when Sophie was rushed to hospital and her life was in danger.
Louise was born prematurely in November 2003 when Sophie was again rushed to hospital where she had an emergency caesarian.
Let's hope there is no drama this time round.

Pic of Sophie and Louise

Great pic of Sophie and Louise. She turns 4 tomorrow looking everybit a little lady.

Heres the link if the pic does not work
Photo

Last edited by a moderator:
So nice to see a picture of Lady Louise since they are such a rarity.

I wish that they would have let Louise use the title of Princess. I really seems unfair to not allow her to have a title that is really hers!

I wish that they would have let Louise use the title of Princess. I really seems unfair to not allow her to have a title that is really hers!

I think that Edward and Sophie chose for her to have the title of a daughter of an earl (at least that's what I've heard). I think that she's still legally HRH Princess Louise of Wessex, and I think that she may use that title when she comes of age if she so wishes.

BTW, great picture! She's a cute and pretty little girl, and has grown quite a bit. She reminds me very much of her grandmother the queen at that age.

I sort of agree with you, but at the same time, I think "Lady Louise" suits her so well. At any rate, both titles are hers for the choosing when she is old enough to decide which one she likes to use. As per Letters Patent, she is HRH Princess, but also as an Earl's daughter, she is Lady Louise. So she can use either the royal or the courtesy style. For now, her parents wish that she be known as just Lady because it is more "normal" I suppose.

Thanks Claire. Lady Louise looks so cute! I hope there will be more pictures of her.

Louise is so pretty. She still looks just like her grandmother!

Oh My! We finally get to see a clear closeup picture of the Lady Louise. She is cute. Thank you so much, Claire.

There are some more at Getty for those interested. It is her fourth birthday today and they are having a little party.
She also appears to have more hair than last I saw, maybe it was wild. Eye looks good too, need I say.
I think she looks like a mini Edward, then again the Queen does look like Edward in drag :) The whole family is carbon copies

I have also been told that Edward will lay a wreath at the centarph on Sunday. It will be the first time he lays the wreath at the centarph although he has laid aver fifty in the UK and 100 in the world already. No doubt the press wil be about his lack of service, Sham. Some one should remind them that the regiments that he holds have remarked that he is there most active honourary colonel ever.
He will be honouring the Royal Wessex Yeomanry and there role in Basra.
Sophie will not be attending any more functions including the rememberance services. I doubt that she will attend the Diamond Anniversary stuff either, then.

I have also been told that Edward will lay a wreath at the centarph on Sunday. ....Sophie will not be attending any more functions including the rememberance services. I doubt that she will attend the Diamond Anniversary stuff either, then.
It was stated in the British Monarchy Website as well, so quite a big line up this year with all the important members of the Royal Family laying the wreaths. Well, though still the Duke of Gloucester, he will still be on the balcony.
For Sophie, i think they just took from last time when she was pregnant with Louise, she had an engagement just like a week before the birth of Louise!I think she kept travelling alot that could be one of the causes as well. I don't know, just thought what happened to my aunt lately, i'm a boy so i don't know that much. So probably you can see, now, they allow Sophie to stop all engagements and just rests well before giving birth, as it has been really hard for them to get this baby i think.

I was told that the reason that Edward and Sophie decides that their children would not have HRH titles was because he had always envied his untitles cousins when he was growing up. He spend a lot of time with Lady Sarah, James and Helen and later with Ivor, Nicholas and Timothy. They weren't burden with bodyguards and all the problems that does along with having an HRH. There were so many lords and ladies in England that they just slipped in, even though they are closely related to the monarch. Edward desperately wants that for his children. A life of perhaps better acceptance with their peers.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some more at Getty for those interested. It is her fourth birthday today and they are having a little party.
She also appears to have more hair than last I saw, maybe it was wild. Eye looks good too, need I say.
I think she looks like a mini Edward, then again the Queen does look like Edward in drag :) The whole family is carbon copies

:ROFLMAO: Edward in drag! :lol: That's one way to put it!

Yes, indeed, Louise seems to have more hair to me too. And she is taller. I know you can't tell completely because she could easily be standing on something, but her frame seems more grown, if that makes sense. We notice these things more because we don't see her so often! It's funny how that works, and it is nice too. It's good that her parents shelter the media from her because of many reasons: 1) She won't grow up with a complex grudge about it like some of her older cousins, 2) We appreciate what pics we have more, 3) We don't become *used* to her and we can appreciate more the growth and changes!, 4) All these things just make her much more special! :D

I totally understand what you mean about her Lady title making her more like her peers. Her fellow students once she begins school will be The Hon and Ladies and stuff like that, but if she used the HRH she would be the only one.

Just my opinion...
Sophie is due sometime within the next 4-6 weeks so I assume she's taking it easy and probably wants to enjoy some "alone" time with Louise before the baby comes.

I think Louise is adorable...all those blonde curls.

What a rare photo of Lady Louise--she is positively beautiful and yes, she looks like her grandmother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom