The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Current Events Archive
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Royal Highness

I hope little James will be alright. They shouldn't have to go through all of these health issues with their kids!

Old 01-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Nobility

I not a doctor but I think that allergic reaction can be very bad. I hope the little guy gets better soon. So sorry to hear this.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

"Prince Edward the Earl of Wessex talking to pupils at
south Bromsgrove County High School Worcestershire"
** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
When was the visit to Bromsgrove?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
When Edward is created Duke of Edinburgh, it will likely be added to his existing peerages (1st Duke of Edinburgh, Earl of Wessex and Viscount Severn).
Surely Edward would be 2nd Duke of Edinburgh?
Old 01-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Happy they have given us information. I really pray for them all to be OK
Old 01-26-2008, 08:15 AM
Courtier

I think they were forced too after one of the newspapers phoned to confirm their morning story. And they quickly issued a statement. So the trick to get info is to threaten them with a lie.

I'm told that it was something that had been coming on for a while, but became a great concern on Thursday afternoon when his doctor decided to have tests. But I'm told there is a real possiblity it is something Sophie is eating and passing on to James.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camsterlaird View Post
Surely Edward would be 2nd Duke of Edinburgh?
Not unless something would happen to (Philip,) Charles, William, Harry and Andrew.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Robijn View Post
Not unless something would happen to (Philip,) Charles, William, Harry and Andrew.
Won't Prince Charles, his sons, and Prince Andrew just renounce their rights to the duchy of Edinburgh? Wouldn't Edward be the 2nd Duke then?
Why would he recieve this particular Duchy, if he isn't to inherit it, but has to be created Duke of Edinburgh. There are other Duchies linked to the Royal family available, so why does he have to wait until his father dies to get this particular one?
Old 01-26-2008, 09:43 AM
Courtier

So that the patron of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards will continue to be the Duke of Edinburgh.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i wish they would release pictures of james like they did with louise when she was a few weeks old as the ones from outside the hospital were not very clear

Old 01-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Courtier

Cool

I have the feeling that they´ll use little James´ late sickness to NOT publish photos in the near future. Besides people will expect them to let Louise attend in the photoshooting and I´m sure they want to avoid that situation as long as possible because of the well known rumours and well known facts.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

Excuse my ignorance, but what well known rumors, and well known facts?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Aristocracy

Does James have any sort of a title? Louise is always referred to here as Lady Louise, is he Lord James?
Old 01-26-2008, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

As the Viscount Severn, he is styled as Lord Severn.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanna Regina View Post
Won't Prince Charles, his sons, and Prince Andrew just renounce their rights to the duchy of Edinburgh?
They don't have that power. Only Parliament can alter succession to a peerage.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:51 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
I have the feeling that they´ll use little James´ late sickness to NOT publish photos in the near future. Besides people will expect them to let Louise attend in the photoshooting and I´m sure they want to avoid that situation as long as possible because of the well known rumours and well known facts.
Sorry but what are you talking about ?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:13 AM
Nobility

Is little James still in the hospital?
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenson View Post
They don't have that power. Only Parliament can alter succession to a peerage.
Actually after Prince Phillip passes away the Dukedom will revert back to the crown/first born son, and the Queen or the Queen's successor will have to grant Edward the Dukedom in letters of Patent.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbugman View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but what well known rumors, and well known facts?
I'd like to know too. I thought I was fairly well up on news about the RF but I've obviously missed something
Old 01-31-2008, 01:14 PM
Majesty

I've not seen any evidence to substantiate this, but I've seen online chatter about the possibility that Lady Louise is developmentally delayed in some way. This happened to another Royal child at one time who was perfectly "normal." There weren't many pictures around of the child, and so there were rumours that there was something seriously wrong. Perhaps it was Andrew or Edward, I don't know. It was fairly recent in any case, perhaps in the last couple of generations.

Closed Thread

Tags
countess of wessex, earl of wessex, lady louise, lady louise mountbatten-windsor, louise mountbatten-windsor, prince edward, sophie