Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 7: January-December 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
UKCountessofWessexArms.jpg

Coat of Arms of HRH The Countess of Wessex

Welcome to the Earl and Countess of Wessex, Lady Louise and Viscount Severn current events thread
part 14

The previous thread can be found here,
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/earl-and-countess-of-wessex-and-family-current-events-13-july-2011-to-january-2013-a-31421.html

Last edited:
And the Wessex travels commence:

12 January 2013 We are extremely pleased that Prince Edward and his wife Sophie Countess of Wessex are going to visit Bulgaria on 14-16 March 2013

Uk In Bulgaria

I would imagine it is related to The Duke of Edinburgh Award.

Well I am really excited to see Sophie in this New Year, can't wait ....

In March they will visit also Czech republic. For Sophie it will be the first visit of this country. Edward already has visited Czech republic. I think it was in 2005.

March is a month of travels for the couple. Nice!

Very busy time coming up for them. Can't wait!!

Thanks for the pics! You're a gift to all us Countess followers!

They both seem to work hard and do a good job. It is such a shame that since there is nothing bad to say the media says nothing about them. They deserve better coverage.

I agree I want better coverage I thing she particularly is great ... as I have said many times.

Anna, the Wessex threads would be so empty if it wasn't for you. You really are a treasure to the place. :flowers: Thanks again for the links and I'm joining the growing line up of people who just love that picture of Sophie and the little girl. So sweet.

They both seem to work hard and do a good job. It is such a shame that since there is nothing bad to say the media says nothing about them. They deserve better coverage.

Well said and too true. It was so sad last Fall when here was Sophie and Edward in Canada and who did we hear more of in the News? William and Kate's tour in the South Pacific. There were nights when there was nothing about the Wessexes and coverage of the Cambridges, which considering was one of the days Sophie spent at that Woman's Shelter in Nunavut, I thought was particularly insulting.

Native Women's Issues/Abuse is a topic here in Canada that while known about, doesn't get as much attention as it should. They must have been overjoyed when they heard Sophie was going to visit them thinking there would be much needed media attention coming their way and instead....

It's like they're the Rodney Dangerfields of the Windsor Family. :sad:

I wish I could change that!! About the coverage. I bother royal reporters, I know few of them via Twitter, I wrote to Border Union via FB and Twitter so they would share more pics, but NOTHING... As for press I hate it... It's like someone said, if you work hard and don't give any sensational topic to the news, they don't care.
I am sick and tired of Catherine articles, they write whatever they can think of, just to have her name in the article, so the people would go to their sites and check... Lately Dail Mail had some another rubbish article...
If you want to ask for more pics, here is Border Union site, help me make them! :):
http://www.facebook.com/BorderUnion?ref=stream

Few more articles with tiny pics:
Duke of Buccleuch at bicentenary royal lunch - Community - The Southern Reporter

Border Union 200th anniversary | The Scottish Farmer

Farming community celebrates historic milestone - Local Headlines - Berwick Advertiser

And 2 tiny pics from British Monarchy, size of their pictures is ridiculous to me:
Latest News and Diary 2013 Jan | Facebook

Latest News and Diary 2013 Jan | Facebook

All Countess pics should be in HQ! :)

BTW Countess visited Sainsbury office in London, and had an NSPCC meeting, and of course there are no pics....

Yes, I too think the Wessex's royal duties should be be covered more in the media. Their Canadian visit wasn't an official tour but a regular working visit but I at least the Canadian press should've reported on their visit.

The Wessex's official engagements were given more media attention after their wedding. I used to follow the Wessex's engagements at the time.

Now the attention is on the Cambridges and Prince Harry. That's just how the media works. All senior members of the royal family had a great deal of media attention in they're day. They are pretty used to the media turning to the next generation of royals.

I'm sure the Wessex's don't mind. Their official duties still remain affective.

maybe they don't mind, but they still have loyal followers and new fans, who wish to see them in the press more often...

Thank you for the links Anna! :D

A small image gallery for Sophie's visit to the Border Union Bicentenniary.

Gallery

I share all ur frustations posted above.
But lets face it..Royalty is "royalty' just for a very few people, who are interested in their 'duty'/'work for causes' aspect.
For the majority, they are just another glorified celebrities, who are usually decent, dignified and pretty stable 'in all respects', just they just look at them for glamour/fashion/style..
And no wonder media goes the same way..
Just read an article in the "Wessex visit to Czech" thread. I was appalled by how they introduce and gauge Sophie to readers-"That she is pretty close to Kate and recently she said she was thrilled by her pregnancy"..So they have made it a part of her CV..

Yes, I too think the Wessex's royal duties should be be covered more in the media. Their Canadian visit wasn't an official tour but a regular working visit but I at least the Canadian press should've reported on their visit.
QUOTE]
They did (especially the CBC) and much more extensively than I would have expected since they are pretty frequent visitors to Canada.

I share all ur frustations posted above.
Just read an article in the "Wessex visit to Czech" thread. I was appalled by how they introduce and gauge Sophie to readers-"That she is pretty close to Kate and recently she said she was thrilled by her pregnancy"..So they have made it a part of her CV..
This is beyond ridiculous! I am Kate fan as well (but Sophie is my number one girl), and I am already sick and tired of constant news about her, that gives nothing,just screamy title, with no meaningful words. I fear if it will go on like that, people will hate her, because of stupidity of a press....

This is beyond ridiculous! I am Kate fan as well (but Sophie is my number one girl), and I am already sick and tired of constant news about her, that gives nothing,just screamy title, with no meaningful words. I fear if it will go on like that, people will hate her, because of stupidity of a press....

I'm a major supporter of The Countess of Wessex too. She's a hard working member of the royal family and at one point she was the center of the media's attention too. Now there's a new kid on the block and that's where the attention is at the moment.

The Earl of Wessex has been in Winchester, Hampshire today, January 29, to open the St. Alphege Building at the University of Winchester, to unveil a commemorative roundel to mark The Queen's Diamond Jubilee at a reception in the Great Hall and to visit Winchester Cathedral.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** zimbio gallery: Prince Edward Opens The St Alphege **

** itv.com: New Jubilee sculpture unveiled **

** dailyecho.co.uk: Earl of Wessex opens new building for University of Winchester **

Last edited:
Thanks for this Anna. It looks like Sophie is receiving a tie for Edward. Hilarious.

Thanks Iceflower for the images of Edward. I love his tie!

Lucky Leeds Children's Hospital, what a great Patron you have. I wish she would become the patron of the hospital where I work! It is times like this that I really dislike Charles' decision when he becomes King to reduce the number of working Royals. All these hospitals and charities will lose helpful patrons, but that is another argument in itself as we all know.

That is great news. I'm sure HRH will be a great asset to the hospital.

No matter how slim the monarchy get, I think the other royals will continue to support their charities.

Lucky Leeds Children's Hospital, what a great Patron you have. I wish she would become the patron of the hospital where I work! It is times like this that I really dislike Charles' decision when he becomes King to reduce the number of working Royals. All these hospitals and charities will lose helpful patrons, but that is another argument in itself as we all know.

And yet no one has ever been able to produce any evidence that this is actually his stated intention. The number of royals will reduce over time simply because the elders will retire/pass away and there are fewer people to take their place.

And yet no one has ever been able to produce any evidence that this is actually his stated intention. The number of royals will reduce over time simply because the elders will retire/pass away and there are fewer people to take their place.

That is true, there is no written evidence that stipulate this is his intention. I am simply going on rumours written about his intentions.

I don't think the nieces and nephews will be cut off. I think it will be Pay Per View. They will be paid per event, and have a career of their choosing, and some from the purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom